(I emailed the Golden Nugget the following letter on 4/5/12. They have not responded.)
I'd like to provide some feedback on our recent stay. We were in room
20104 from 4/1-4/3/12.
1. Got in line a little after 12 (noon) to check in. Had to stand in
line for a VERY LONG time. There were only 4 guests in front of me,
but there was only 1 check in desk available, and the process was VERY
slow. I feel sorry for the long snake of people who soon formed a line
behind me. As they could, the check out desk helped people check in.
2. Was finally helped by a very non-friendly associate (Andrea), who
acted like she was doing us a personal favor by checking us in. I had
2 rooms reserved, and when I asked if she could put us on the same
floor, she actually sighed, and muttered "Sure." Rooms on the same
floor were unavailable, which was fine, but the attitude was not. She
did give me one coupon book to compesate for the wait....after I asked.
3. On 4/1, called several times to 2 different department keys on your
phone to ask simple questions; pool hours, buffet prices, but
recordings kept coming on telling me to hold. I gave up after wasting
a lot of time on hold.
4. We were to meet family for dinner on 4/1, and were in a hurry to
get ready. The bathtub was completely plugged up. Rather than call
housekeeping and be put on hold indefinitely (see above) I used my
tweezers and a plastic bag over my hand to take out a hair ball about
the size of a tennis ball, which cleared the drain. I threw up, and
had to throw away my tweezers.
5. On 4/2, at around 1:30 AM, an alarm went off in our room telling us
to evacuate the building immediately. We were on the 20th floor. We
threw shoes on and went down the nearest stairs, along with a lot of
other worried people. We no longer heard the alarms about halfway
down. As soon as we got outside, we were told that it was okay to go
back to our rooms. A couple of kids had pulled the fire alarms and had
While we were relieved that it was a false alarm, we were very
upset that we were not notified of this as we descended 20 flights of
stairs. Why weren't staff members positioned at stairway entrances on
different floors telling us that it was okay to go back in?!!!! We
could have had the option of entering and taking the elevators back up
right then! AT THE VERY LEAST, there wouldn't have been all these
people VISIBLY SHAKEN AND WORRIED (INCLUDING US) trying to make it as
FAST AS POSSIBLE all the way outside thinking that there was a FIRE,
BOMB, or God knows what else going on!! People were CRYING. An elderly
lady a few people in front of us was holding everyone up as she could
barely walk, and had to be helped down the stairs! We felt bad for
her, but at the same time, had in mind that we had to EVACUATE
After calmly being told about the false alarm by staff, we made our
way in the COLD, around the side of the building, through the entrance
and had to wait in a very long line to get an elevator back up.
6. We finally went back to sleep, and got up very late. Half of our
day was gone. I have back problems, and after our little adventure
down 20 flights of stairs a few hours earlier, had to overmedicate with
ibuprofen to be able to halfway enjoy the day with an aching back and
legs. My husband suffers from rheumatoid arthritis (look it up) and I
can't describe what it did to him.
When I checked out, I did mention the clogged up bathtub to the clerk,
and the fact that I cleared the clog. I even told her that the giant
hairball was on top of the trashcan if this needed verification. She
just jotted down the room number and said "Thanks, I'll let them know."
After that, I did not want to go on about all of the other stuff.
It's clear that customer service and customer satisfaction is NOT top
priority at the Golden Nugget. Good location, and awesome pool, but I
really should have paid more attention to some of the reviews on Yelp
and Tripadvisor before making my reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Nugget Las Vegas is the most luxurious resort on the Fremont Street Experience, and consistently receives critical acclaim for exceeding customer expectations. With more than 2,400 deluxe guestrooms and suites, the Golden Nugget has everything necessary for a top-notch Las Vegas vacation. The high-energy casino features the most popular slot and video poker machines, table games, race and sports book and poker room. Experience nightly entertainment with master impressionist and comedian Gordie Brown and dine at world-class restaurants such as Grotto Italian Ristorante and Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse. Complete with a luxurious spa and salon, The Tank, a year-round outdoor swimming pool complete with a 200,000-gallon, live shark aquarium and the new H20 poolside lounge, there is something for everyone at the Golden NUgget. Take one step inside and you'll see why the Golden Nugget Las Vegas sets the standard for luxury and comfort. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest and hope you enjoy your trip to Las Vegas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Nozio Netplan srl, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotelopia, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Nugget Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Nugget Las Vegas
- Downtown Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Golden Nugget
- Golden Nugget Hotel Las Vegas