“Great value , close to Rio and Palms”

Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
Ranked #76 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We got a deal for 3 nights for $99 plus an entry into a Slot Tournament. An extra $39 and we had 2 entries into Slot Tourney. It was a quick fun slot tourney , held for 2 days at a set time, and took 30 minutes of our time. My wife won $100 by coming in 20th ! Almost paid for the room. Nice cafe, great food , 1/2 price buffet deal, cheaper card table minimums ($5) . Valet very quick, free strip shuttle, great location for a quick walk to the RIO and Palms across the street. Room was smaller in size but still comfortable for 2. Single cup coffee maker was nice but we bought a 10 cup coffee maker for $10 at Walmart, brought our own Tim Hortons coffee and creamer and indulged every morning. All in all a very good deal.

Room Tip: Sign up for players card and get " in the mail offers" , for great deals.
2  Thank Yahoojohnny
Write a ReviewReviews (1,771)

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Went to the Gold Coast to watch all of the March Madness games. The setup was great with lots of TVs in the conference room, in room food and beverage. Two betting stations made wagering convenient. The gaming tables were at the bottom of the escalator and easy to get to. The pit bosses in the craps area are awesome - very friendly and make the game a great time. The hotel was good too - rooms were clean and somewhat updated. The breakfast buffet was the best deal going for $6.00. Overall much better than I was expecting and definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank James W
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was my fourth stay at the Gold Coast and once again I was not disappointed with my experience there. I was in Vegas for the NASCAR race and chose the Gold Coast for its value, smaller size and all around good time. From check in to check out, the staff was very friendly and helpful and made you feel welcome, premium room was very comfortable and clean and not subject to exorbitant resort fees. I will be back again for the race weekend in 2013.

Room Tip: The Ports O Call Buffet is truly one of the best values in Vegas
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rogerdodjer
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My girlfriend and I stay at the Gold Coast on most of our trips to Las Vegas. We like this property because of the very helpful staff, fun main bar, sports book and variety of slot machines. A little about our experience:
1. The rooms are nice, great mattress, flat screen TV, updated bathroom with coffee maker. I would like to see a safe in the room, but valuables can be stored free in the cashier area.
2. Plenty of slots and table games. I like that the video poker machines allow you to split aces or double down. There are some casinos that don't offer this type of play. This is where the locals go to play...
I lost a ticket once and thought that it was lost. A half hour after I reported it missing the manager tracked me down at another machine and paid me for my lost ticket that wasn't cashed in. That was quite a surprise!
3. Main Bar provides great service and you can always find people laughing and having a good time. I have never experienced an empty glass...
4. Restaurants/Buffet are very good and reasonably priced

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Palms Casino are the most quiet
3  Thank Ray F
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I've been coming to Vegas for several years and have tried several hotels on the strip. But this is the first time we have stayed off the strip and we will be back here at the Gold Coast. We got a premium room for only $35 a night through a package deal on Alaska Airlines. No expensive Resort Fees. We got a great room on the 7th floor, view of the strip, very comfortable bed, quiet, flat-screen TV. And we even have a small window that opens to get fresh air at night which we prefer. The staff all go out of their way to serve you, 2 days in a row, I have been walking to the elevator with a coffee in each hand and a staff member has seen me and pushed the elevator button for me. All the maids are friendly and say Hi when I pass them in the hall. They have a Starbucks downstairs and don't gouge you on the price, its normal prices (unlike hotels on the Strip) There is also a little store that sells, beer, wine and spirits. The Slots are great, my wife won $250. Right now I am sitting by the pool catching some sun before I sadly go home tomorrow. And the pool is not crowded, its nice and peaceful.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room (at the back) as it is quieter, no AC and other noise.
3  Thank DeltaBoy3