“Hyper hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Yorkshire
“Hyper hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Good for people who like fairgrounds - amazing rides. Food good in first floor restaurant near fairground, not good in buffet restaurant, very reasonable breakfast in snack bar - many other places to eat but didn't try them. Bus stop nearby - change needed for ticket machine. Would not stay there again - would probably choose a classier hotel eg Bellagio.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ladypilotYorkshire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,862)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Southern Pines, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

This place should be called Carnival, Carnival. The indoor amusement part was neat! Our kids had a great time hanging out all over this place! Next time we come, we might consider staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank eve d
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is not a hotel I will stay at again. Kids waiting for the gambling in the hallways, very noisy casino and a very bad location. The rooms are not sound isolated so you participate in whatever you neighbor is doing. Stay way.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Burlefot
CCLVGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
We appreciate your feedback and I would like to bring these issues to the attention of our executives. If you could provide me with any details, like the date of your stay and room number, that would help me pinpoint the areas that we need to improve. You can email us the information at guestrelations@circuscircus.com. Thank you!

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Riverside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Earlier this year while staying at a Worldmark time share in Las Vegas, we made a stop at Circus Circus so that the kids could enjoy the amusement park there. The only complaint was that the big coaster can give you a headache. My complaint was the filthy bathroom a few feet outside of the park. It left a terrible impression because all of the restrooms on the strip that I've been in tend to be very clean. With that said I hesitated to book a room at Circus Circus when I learned that family members would be staying there for 3 days. I knew that my kids would want to be there to play with the other kids. After mulitple phone calls to the hotel & reviewing their website, I decided to book a room there at the Casino Tower. I chose that location out of the 3 other options because it was said/stated that they had just been renovated last December 2011....

Although Circus Circus is probably one of the oldest hotels on the strip, I was pleasantly surprised that the lobby had a fresh smell. It almost had an air freshner fragrance coming out of the vents and It was not completely smoke filled. The room itself was good. It was a typical hotel room with 2 queens, bathroom, desk, 2 chairs, nightstand, dresser & 40 inch flatscreen & it was clean. I was told they also have free WIFI but I didn't look into it. The outside of the building (which was our view) looks very old & dirty. It can use a fresh coat of paint.
A downside is that we left our room around 11am on our 1st morning there & they never came back around to clean the room. We called at around 9pm & asked if someone could come to clean. 40 minutes passed before we called back & just asked for fresh towels & toilet paper. We left around the same time the next day but put a call in to ask that they make sure to come back to clean & they did.

The swimming pool is literally across the street from the location that we stayed in which was directly above the casino on the 15th floor. There are 2 pools & nothing special about either of them. If you're looking for slides or pool amenities, Circus Circus is not the place but the kids had fun splashing around & some of the adults enjoyed the small jacuzzi. Other family members stayed in the West tower. If you're not familiar with this hotel & don't know the right questions to ask, you might have the impression that all of the various towers & wings are in different locations. The reality is that most of them just require that you walk 200 feet or so to the next elevators. A family member asked for the location closest to the amusement park & they booked them at West Tower. It was older. It wasn't in bad condition but once they saw our room they said that they wished they had known that the distance hardly made a difference. At least they had a view of the stree/pool instead of a dirty wall & roof with people working on top of them.

Circus Circus also has a buffet. The price range as I recall is kids $7.99 & adults $13.99. It usually had a line. If you're not a buffet person, there aren't alot of other offerings. We did eat at the pizza restaurant there (the name I don't recall). It was good but its older & doesn't give you the feel that you're on vacation or in a hotel. It seemed like a place that you might drop in on in any older downtown U.S.A. You stand in line, order your food & they bring it to you. It's small & there was a wait. The prices were aprox $6.99 for personal on up to aprox $16.99+ for a large. There was a coupon in our room for free breadsticks with the purchase of a large pizza. Our overall stay in Vegas this time was kid geared. We also visited Ethel M. Chocolate factory in Henderson (aprox 7 miles from strip). We did a free self tour & saw where they made chocolates. If we had hung around long enough, we would've had the opportunity to watch how they made it. We walked through their botanical garden which mostly featured cactus type trees. The kids (ranging from 8 to 12) enjoyed leading us through the maze of trails. Next we went to the M&M store. The best part (even for me as an adult) was the 10 minute long (fun) 3D movie about M&M's. We also enjoyed the Fashion Show mall. It's huge & if you have the big bucks to spend they have Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, specialty shops & your H&M type fashion stores. What I wouldn't reccommend for younger kids is the Treasure Island pirate show out front on the strip. It is very adult oriented. Not at all what it was when it first opened well over a decade ago. I was told that 2 years ago they changed it to men verses women. Quite risque. The volcano at Mirage was fun for the kids. On our last night there we took in the circus act. I don't know if each show is different. It's only about 10 minutes long & it was a trapeeze act. Either way it was a good free show that everyone enjoyed...

We did a lot in 3 days & both the adults & kids had a good time. I would book at Circus Circus (Casino tower) again for the kids. Oh yea, & the prices are quite reasonalble. Sometimes as little as $31 Mon-TH.

Room Tip: Our room at the Casino tower was newly renovated, clean, quiet but had a terrible view of a dirty wa...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank travel20000
Gresham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed here on July 4th as a stop on our way to Phoenix. We thought this would be the best place to stay with 3 kids. The kids did enjoy the adventure dome and the prices weren’t horrible so it was very nice to have something for the kids to do. I was upset because I specifically requested a room in the west tower so that it would be easier for us to get to our room with the kids once we had checked in. When my husband checked in they told him they were giving us an “upgrade” and moved us to the skyrise tower. It was a long walk (even just to the elevator) with the kids to get to our room and it was even worse trying to bring our luggage up there, it was a big pain. To me that is not an upgrade. The room we had was clean as far as the area the beds were in. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom however, was not clean to my standards. There was hair in the tub when we got there and the drain was broken. I could see cracks in the wall etc. The bathroom area was tiny. You could barely get into the shower area because there was not much room between the shower doors and the toilet. There was a lot of wasted space because there was an entire empty hallway area before the bathroom which should have been used when they remodeled to make the bathroom area bigger. The prices were low and I guess you get what you pay for. We weren’t happy with the hotel overall and won’t be visiting again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cecilia B
I apologize that you had a negative experience with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can bring these issues to the attention of our management. If you would like to discuss this matter further, I would be happy to help you. Please feel free to email me at guestrelations@circuscircus.com. Thank you.