“First and worst experience.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Suites of America North Rancho Drive

We can't find prices for this hotel
Budget Suites of America North Rancho Drive
Ranked #226 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas
“First and worst experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

I unfourtantley let someone talk meinto splitting the cost of a two-bedroom apartment at this location. Cleanliness,quiteness,and saftey was not a issue untill one day waiting on a friend to pick me up in front of the building ,I went inside and sat down on the computer,I think I was checked in formore than a week and everyday I would visit the computer room anddidn't have any problem from anyone untill an employee who probally han't been to work in a while asked the security officer if I lived there, the security officer approached me in a rude unprofessional manner,therefore I kind of lost my cool and beganswearing as I walked out the office,the manager told me that I had one hour to pack my stuff and leave therefore I started to walk to my room to begin packing thats when two security guards grabbed me ,choked me and basically abused me in front of the building to sum it all up I tried to report it to corporate thats when the manager told me to pack up and leave after I paid my thre hundred dollarsI got kicked out because of the girl from the front desk didn't recognize me.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
12 Thank TNGC2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Serbian first
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

Having booked the rooms early, we were promised rooms next to each other. Upon check in, they didn't have 2 rooms close but were told they had 2 rooms just down the hallway from each other on the same floor, but since they were just renovated it would be a bit more. We agreed to the upgrade knowing how bad the renovation was needed. The rooms were NOT renovated. The couch was sagging, the counter tops were chipped and scratched and the stove must have been made in the late 1800's. The staff is rude and unprofessional. We were so unlucky to get a room next to an employee who worked the swing shift...getting off at 11 PM. One morning...around 10:30 am, my niece happend to run down the hall way apparently making a little too much noice for the employee. The next day we had a complaint on our door saying we had loud, unruly children. It was also stated on the complaint that children wasn't allowed to play and run on stairs and hallway. First of all the employee could have opened the door and asked to please have the children walk. It was a one time incident. The guy was rude about it and we were told that any subsequent complaints would carry a 50.00 fine followed by being kicked off the property and listed as a no re-rent status. WTF. I can't believe they cause such stir about a 5 year old running down a hallway but being propositioned to buy weed and or prescrpition drugs RIGHT outside the office didn't seem to bother them. PLEASE do not give them your business. I know I won't.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank JOHNhenny

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

I had been staying in this hotel for awhile and was pleased that it was reasonably priced for the minimal basics of a room in a extended hotel setting. The staff was for the most part O K. You have to purchase for extra money a microwave, cookware, dishes, coffeepot and maid service. But the real problem is you are responsible for changing your own light bulbs or other maintenance. The circuit blew in our room and they actually told us they don't handle that. We had to call four times because we couldn't believe that it wasn't part of general maintenance of their rooms. I am upset and will not stay here again, because no matter how cheap the room, you will be out of money in the long run.

• Stayed June 2010
6 Thank pokerhoney1028
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

Budget Suites Rancho is a weekly, as well as a daily hotel located within walking distance of the Fiesta and Texas hotel and casino's on the outskirts of Las Vegas. For a mere $200 a week you get a poor, uncomfortable, furnished one-bedroom "studio." Also included: HBO and about 30 television stations. In-room phone allows incoming and outgoing local calls only, for free. The very, very loud A/C is in use even during the winter. For whatever reason the suites easily reach 80-degrees plus every day. They are approximately 300 sq. ft. in size. The bathroom is large. The kitchen is for an occasional meal or snack. No microwave, dishwasher and minimal storage space. Stove w/oven - yes, but old.

They keep the grounds and pools well-maintained, but not so for their "suites." If you don't mind not having water at any given time, or electrcity terned off at any given time - then this is the adventure for you.

I spent five horrible weeks at this place waiting for an apartment to open. I knew going in that the "reviews" were not good. But, for only a month - I thought I could hang tough - kinda like camping in the urban wilderness. I can't say enough on how bad the experience proved the nay-sayers correct.

The front-desk staff and management are very poor. They handle complaints as personal insults. A smile here or there from them might've made the overall experience less disturbing.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
9 Thank sfiver
North Las Vegas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

Not a good experience.
First the toilet bowl rim was black and full of bacteria.
The carpet seemed like it had never been cleaned.
The double room units smelled probably because of the carpet.
Front desk staff were mostly rude and would rarely say hi or thank you.
One manager had a very bad attitude when politely asked a simple question

Repairs were probably done and the couch replaced
The wall paint was fresh.

Overall not a good experience
They really need to work on their people skills

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Summerlin
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/Summerlin
Courtyard Las Vegas Summerlin
#128 of 264 in Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Santa Fe Station Hotel
#170 of 264 in Las Vegas

Been to Budget Suites of America North Rancho Drive? Share your experiences!