“Great, quiet place to stay”
Review of The Rita Suites

The Rita Suites
Ranked #190 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My husband and i have been staying at the BHS for 7 years in October and in March. It is a clean, quiet place close to the strip. The staff has always been pleasant and eager to please. The management has recently changed ( for the better) and new improvements are being made. The maintenance man is always there on the spot if something goes wrong. The grounds and landscaping are immaculate. I would recommend it for anyone who wants a place bigger than a hotel room,where you are more than just a face in the crowd and who does not want to pay the price of staying in high price hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat L

Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed at the Blair House Suites for a dance competition in Las Vegas, for two nights. Before we left reading the reviews was stressful. There are a lot of pros and cons:

the price is great, especially if you are splitting the room. The room is spacious, and they do not however have amenities such as plates or forks. if you are staying in vegas for a week, it wouldn't be a bad price. I think they were going for 200 for just a week.

Close to a mall, Close to the Wynn. other than that anything else is quite a hike. I enjoy walking so it made no difference to us.

The front desk staff is courteous, and i can tell they are trying to do improvements. One lady did have our reservation under the wrong name and that took some time to figure out, but we are patient so it didn't affect us.

The first night we stayed (we stayed at the wynn in the middle of our trip so we had two reservations) the room was on the first floor and i found it to be very clean. i thought that the reviews must have been a little off.

you do not have to leave your key in the slot now to allow the air conditioner to work. they have since fixed this problem and have a key in there for you already when you check in. i want to clarify that because some reviews mention that was a hassle.

the second night we had a terrible room on the third floor. the carpets were stained, there were stains and mildew all over the shower curtain, and the floor forget it. we wanted the room we had previously but this night they were all booked up. livable but barely.

they made up for it with a later checkout. the front desk staff seems to know about the issues, and they are very quick to offer something like a later checkout without much prompting. this was nice as our flight was at 5 and checkout at 12.

my advice would be if you are to stay here, its a reasonable price, but you get what you pay for. ask to inspect the room before you check in to make sure it is suitable for your needs. especially if you are staying over a week.

i rated it very average because of the first night. if i had just the second room i would have rated this property poor. i think different rooms are in different conditions.

no bugs to speak of. they even were spraying the property when we arrived the first day.

if you are going to las vegas and you wont be staying much in your room, this would be a good option for you if you want to save some money. if you are looking for the ritzy hotel this is not for you.

Room Tip: check the room before you commit.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I just stayed there from Sept 30th to Oct 3rd as the price was right for those days. I will outline things that tend to be important for travelers with the pros and cons:

Location-- it was at the North end of the Strip and about a five minute walk to a Walgreens, 7 11 and a McDonalds. The Deuce Bus was also not far but the Express bus was at the Convention Centre stop which is about a 10 minute walk. I am used to walking a lot so that was not an issue. If one rents a car there are tons of spaces available to park.

Room-- it was nice a roomy, a mini-suite with kitchen, small seating area, bedroom and a little walk-in closet. It was very clean but what surprised me was that there was no daily maid service. Not a terrible issue but a surprise. The furniture and decor are dated and another surprise was that there was not one single implement in the kitchen! No dishes, cooking tools, nothing, so to me having the kitchen in this place was like having a car with no tires--not functional.

Noise-- none, except the AC. This thing was super loud so I kept it on during the day and switched it off at night as it was next to the bed. The room did not get any direct sunlight so it was easy to keep cool.

Creepy crawlies-- not a one in sight. The property was well maintained and I did not see one insect anywhere.

Amenities-- the only thing I saw was a small swimming pool in the courtyard. As I am not a swimmer this had no appeal. Too, there seemed to be a lot of children on site so if one is wanting adults only, not the place. No gym that I could find. There looked to be a bar or restaurant but it was always empty so my assumption was that it was not working. I did not turn on the TV so do not know about that but the wireless internet worked like a charm.

Staff-- I only interacted with the front desk staff and they always greeted me with a smile and were very friendly.

Would I stay here again---yes, as I did like the fact that it was clean and if you read any of my other reviews, you would know how important this is to me!

Room Tip: Ask for a second or third level to get some access to daylight.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank TorontoRobDT
Reviewed 1 October 2011

If I could give this place negative reviews, I would.

We figured that hey, we're in Vegas! We don't need a fancy room, we're not going to be staying there much anyway. All we needed was a clean, safe place to sleep with a polite staff.

We didn't even get close to that. We checked into the room and it was absolutely DISGUSTING. It smelled so bad. The carpet made our feet dirty. There were roaches. There was an apple core behind the TV. The bathroom and kitchen sinks were disgusting. We had to stay there for a week so we literally went out, bought cleaning supplies and cleaned the place. And a crap ton of febreez. And this was the "Deluxe" suite.

Oh my god and the staff was appalling. When we showed the maid the apple core, she laughed. We had to pay $3 a day for pots and plates for the kitchen. It came up in a blue container and inside the utensils were in a plastic bag. Smart. Knives were in that plastic bag. Really safe. We returned those almost immediately. We went to complain about something at the front desk and the man literally said that next time we should spend more money and stay somewhere else. When we asked for more towels, a maid took our dirty towels and came back and said we had stained one and we had to pay for it. Stained it with MAKE UP? Make up will come off easily with one wash, what the heck? We tried to ask her more, but she didn't speak english. One of my party tried to talk to another maid, who expected her to know spanish. WHAT? Upon check out, they said we ruined an entire set of towels and that we were going to be charged for it. They wanted us to pay for dirty towels? We demanded to see the towels and they took off the charge. Whenever we had an issue, they were never helpful, considerate or polite.

And there are rats that run around the outside. Not to mention all the homeless people that sleep in the parking lot. Oh and the rats running around outside is a nice touch.

Also if you're thinking that you're saving a lot of money, you're really not. Because it's all the way at the end of the strip, you basically have to cab to most places.

Stay at a nicer place on the strip. It'll be more convenient and it'll save you a headache.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Rachel_M60795
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I was looking for a nice place to stay on my birthday without paying an arm and a leg on the strip. Luckily I found Blair House Suites. It was a great alternative. It was right where I wanted to be and for the right price. I would definitely recommend this facility for its friendly helpful staff and for its convenient location. The late checkout time is always appreciated as well. I had a great experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends