“Clean but basic”

and 1 more site!
The Rita Suites
Ranked #190 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I just stayed there from Sept 30th to Oct 3rd as the price was right for those days. I will outline things that tend to be important for travelers with the pros and cons:

Location-- it was at the North end of the Strip and about a five minute walk to a Walgreens, 7 11 and a McDonalds. The Deuce Bus was also not far but the Express bus was at the Convention Centre stop which is about a 10 minute walk. I am used to walking a lot so that was not an issue. If one rents a car there are tons of spaces available to park.

Room-- it was nice a roomy, a mini-suite with kitchen, small seating area, bedroom and a little walk-in closet. It was very clean but what surprised me was that there was no daily maid service. Not a terrible issue but a surprise. The furniture and decor are dated and another surprise was that there was not one single implement in the kitchen! No dishes, cooking tools, nothing, so to me having the kitchen in this place was like having a car with no tires--not functional.

Noise-- none, except the AC. This thing was super loud so I kept it on during the day and switched it off at night as it was next to the bed. The room did not get any direct sunlight so it was easy to keep cool.

Creepy crawlies-- not a one in sight. The property was well maintained and I did not see one insect anywhere.

Amenities-- the only thing I saw was a small swimming pool in the courtyard. As I am not a swimmer this had no appeal. Too, there seemed to be a lot of children on site so if one is wanting adults only, not the place. No gym that I could find. There looked to be a bar or restaurant but it was always empty so my assumption was that it was not working. I did not turn on the TV so do not know about that but the wireless internet worked like a charm.

Staff-- I only interacted with the front desk staff and they always greeted me with a smile and were very friendly.

Would I stay here again---yes, as I did like the fact that it was clean and if you read any of my other reviews, you would know how important this is to me!

Room Tip: Ask for a second or third level to get some access to daylight.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank TorontoRobDT

Reviewed 1 October 2011

If I could give this place negative reviews, I would.

We figured that hey, we're in Vegas! We don't need a fancy room, we're not going to be staying there much anyway. All we needed was a clean, safe place to sleep with a polite staff.

We didn't even get close to that. We checked into the room and it was absolutely DISGUSTING. It smelled so bad. The carpet made our feet dirty. There were roaches. There was an apple core behind the TV. The bathroom and kitchen sinks were disgusting. We had to stay there for a week so we literally went out, bought cleaning supplies and cleaned the place. And a crap ton of febreez. And this was the "Deluxe" suite.

Oh my god and the staff was appalling. When we showed the maid the apple core, she laughed. We had to pay $3 a day for pots and plates for the kitchen. It came up in a blue container and inside the utensils were in a plastic bag. Smart. Knives were in that plastic bag. Really safe. We returned those almost immediately. We went to complain about something at the front desk and the man literally said that next time we should spend more money and stay somewhere else. When we asked for more towels, a maid took our dirty towels and came back and said we had stained one and we had to pay for it. Stained it with MAKE UP? Make up will come off easily with one wash, what the heck? We tried to ask her more, but she didn't speak english. One of my party tried to talk to another maid, who expected her to know spanish. WHAT? Upon check out, they said we ruined an entire set of towels and that we were going to be charged for it. They wanted us to pay for dirty towels? We demanded to see the towels and they took off the charge. Whenever we had an issue, they were never helpful, considerate or polite.

And there are rats that run around the outside. Not to mention all the homeless people that sleep in the parking lot. Oh and the rats running around outside is a nice touch.

Also if you're thinking that you're saving a lot of money, you're really not. Because it's all the way at the end of the strip, you basically have to cab to most places.

Stay at a nicer place on the strip. It'll be more convenient and it'll save you a headache.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Rachel_M60795
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I was looking for a nice place to stay on my birthday without paying an arm and a leg on the strip. Luckily I found Blair House Suites. It was a great alternative. It was right where I wanted to be and for the right price. I would definitely recommend this facility for its friendly helpful staff and for its convenient location. The late checkout time is always appreciated as well. I had a great experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 19BradleyM87
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The place is just really gross. We paid extra for an upgraded room which according to them had been updated with new furniture and carpeting in the last two years. If it was updated then the carpet and furniture was only new to them because everything in there was at least 20 years old! Didn't smell to great when we walked in. Carpet and furniture were worn and looked pretty bad. Was really hot and took about 12 hours to cool off the entire room. Service was HORRENDOUS! It took almost an hour to check in and the front desk people were rude. They had put our reservation under the wrong name and they tried to act like it was our fault! It got a little bit confrontational, what ever happened to the customer is always right??? And guess what we were right! Housekeeping never cleaned our rooms once in 4 days/3 nights!!! It took me about 45 minutes to track down towels one day because nobody ever answered the front desk phone! I found a housekeeper with a cart and she wouldn't give me towels, told me to get them from the front desk but nobody was there!! Oh! and the guess what? we found a big sewer roach in our room! Never!! EVER!! Stay at this Dump. Even the cab driver was like "How did you guys find this place?!?" LOL

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else at all costs!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rafael D
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Great place to stay! The front desk people were more than helpful, the place is close to some excellent restaurants (Go Michoacan!!!), and the rooms was clean and tidy. No bad smells, no bugs like other places. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo