Went out to Vegas for a few days in March. As a Rewards Member I was offered several nights of comp'd room. We took it. First, I would say that because it was a comp'd room, it wasn't likely the pick of the litter. It was a Ghost Busters themed room. No big deal. Its comp'd. As for the room details itself, it was very clean and everything worked perfectly. The layout was somewhat difficult. But again, it was comp'd. The HDTV was huge and had a ton of free channels.
The location of Planet Hollywood is perfect. Easy walk to Caesar's, MGM, etc. We ate at the Strip House and the Tequilla Bar/ Restaurant on the gaming floor. Both very good--the later was excellent.
But here is something that really made an impression on me. We all know how hard it is for the people of Las Vegas.. with the real estate, cutbacks on corporate travel, etc. But every single person associated with this property was very kind and pleasant. Not the fakey stuff you can spot five seconds into a conversation; but very nice. Whoever does the hiring did a great job.
I would be remiss if I didn't talk about shopping. The mall attached to Planet Hollywood is very good. It has stores for every taste and a sprinkling of decent places to eat.
The pool was open, but a bit on the chilly side so we didn't partake. There were some spring breakers there. Even if it was warmer we likely wouldn't have gone out there. We're not that old, but we prefer our pools to not be filled with barely old enough to drink types, drinking all they can to music I don't care for that's too loud. But if you liked that show about the Hard Rock pool and are into that, you'd probably be happy with this. Those that were out there seemed to be having a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Hotelopia so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Las Vegas