4,802 results
All reviews mandalay bay veranda restaurant house car secret door mandalay pool separate entrance private pool strip view suite wave pool pool staff other hotels turn down service peace and quiet south end of the strip steam room one bedroom suite pool side
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Another excellent Four Seasons experience. Perfect for those who enjoy the action of Vegas, but appreciate a quieter place to rest and recharge for more fun. Rooms were standard issue FS - comfortable luxury, and the private elevator to the Mandalay Bay casino floor is a major bonus. Can't help but get a great view since all rooms are on the 35-39th floors. Separate pool, restaurant and spa gets you out of the overwhelming flow of the rest of the Mandalay complex which is teeming with people, and loads of children and young adults on their way to the wave pool. Service was very good, though not to the level of some other FS hotels at which I've stayed (this is my 8th). Room service was prompt and delicious, and the concierge was able to land our preferred dinner reservation which was unavailable when we called ourselves. This is my new go-to hotel in Vegas.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBTribeca
Reviewed 18 September 2010

My husband and I spent 6 nights in a luxurious one bedroom suite. We benefited from a buy one night get one night free deal which was terrific value. The suite was spacious and luxurious. Housekeeping cleaned to a very high standard twice a day at a pre-arranged time. The verandah restaurant provided beautiful open air eating, great food and attentive staff. The pool area was wonderful and staff were on hand with towels, iced water, frozen fruit, ice lollies, evian spritzer and a sun glass cleaning service - all for free! There were ample sunbeds and no queues.

We visited the Mandaly Bay casino and ate in some of the restaurants there however were always glad to slip back through the secret door to the calm oasis of the Four Seasons.

This was our first experience of a Four Seasons Hotel but hopefully not our last.

2  Thank Hazel042
Reviewed 17 September 2010

It's very rare that we go somewhere that we cannot find fault with but the Four Seasons Las Vegas fits into this category for both me and my husband. We stayed for 14 nights in a one bedroom suite and from driving up to the entrance to checking out (very sadly) it was outstanding.

The room was light and airy and impeccably clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the sheets soft and luxurious. We've stayed in more expensive suites in Vegas before and had scratchy sheets on beds made by maids who don't seem to see the benefit of covering the entire mattress - none of that here!

I love the little touches, the fact that room service give you a time and stick to it, the fact that a light went out in the shower and before I could report it, it was fixed because the maids pay real attention. Normally we put the do not disturb on once our room has been done wherever we are but not here. We loved the turndown service and the refreshing of the towels and turning on the TV to the soothing channel - very nice.

The cost of the food was very reasonable bearing in mind the place we were staying and the quality was always top notch. We asked for a late checkout and got it without query despite the fact that we were leaving on a busy weekend.

The pool is as everyone says here and in my opinion crowns the whole experience. Even on Labour Day weekend when it was busy you felt completely like an individual. The frozen melon balls, spritzing and sunglass cleaning just make you feel like you are at a special place added to the fact that the staff remember you. You tell them you have a hangover and they treat you accordingly - always a bonus! The menu by the pool is great too and because of the way they serve you on trays it feels as natural as eating in the Verandah restaurant.

I would highly recommend the foot massage by the pool - well worth it.

As everyone says the secret door to the Mandalay is a fabulous touch and you can feel the looks from other people as you go through it as you do when the masses are going to the Beach looking through the gates and we're lazing by an exclusive pool.

Personally I don't feel that the Four Seasons is out of the way but we always stay at this end of the strip, when we stayed at the Venetian it felt a little weird, and it wasn't very good! We also loved the amount of dogs around the hotel, they clearly look after our canine friends which in my opinion is a big thumbs up.

The only problem my husband and I face now is ever tearing ourselves away from the Four Seasons. We have already booked to go back in February despite the fact that we said we would try and new place, it's just too much of a risk.

I am not one for going in to raptures about a place normally but this hotel and the people who work there would not be out of place in Knightsbridge and you can see why so many Europeans pick it.

8  Thank buffgirl73
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We had high expectations of this hotel based on previous TA reviews, FS brand and having stayed at another FS during our West USA trip. Unfortunately, our stay did not match our expectations due to low levels of service/quality of room.

On the plus side, the hotel does match up to other FS hotels/5 star hotels in respect of ambience/lobby furnishings/pool/restaurant etc. I agree with previous reviewers comments on the tranquility of the pool area/relaxed oasis compared to the Mandalay Bay pool areas; although the MB wave pool/lazy river are good fun. The access to MB casino is good (although some people perhaps get too carried away with the private entrance). The quality of the food was also good.

Our issue was with the service or lack of it. We had booked the hotel via a FS preferred partner & this included a room upgrade (if available); breakfast credit, spa credit.

Prior to check in, FS had requested the names of my children. I had hoped that this would lead to cookies with my kids names on or a small gift with names on (as per some other 5 star hotels that we stayed at during our trip). No such luck, my kids received a packet of anonymous pop corn.

On check-in, we were told that we had been given an upgraded room. Unfortunately, when we reached our room we only had an excellent view of R15, I realised that we had not been upgraded. When I called the front desk, I was told that we hadn't been upgraded and there was no opportunity to upgrade as the hotel was full (even though I was willing to pay for an upgrade). Not a big issue in itself as there was no guaranteed upgrade but not so great when you're told by check-in desk that you have been upgraded.

Then on one of our visits to the pool, the poolside staff brought some towels to our chairs but no seat covers. No big issue as we went into the pool. Then my wife got out of the pool & waited for someone to bring her a seat cover. After 5 mins, I got out of the pool & asked someone to bring over some seat covers & got back into the pool. After another 10 mins of being ignored & comments from my wife, I had to get out of the pool & go over to ask again for the seat covers. Eventually they came with an apology 15 mins later from whoever was in charge of the poolside service. Again not a major issue but hardly the "cleaning your sun glasses" first class platinum poolside service that other guest rave on about. We had the same issue on another trip to the pool but I'd learned my lesson from the previous day & went directly over to the towel service to fetch them myself! I don't expect staff to grovel & bow as soon as my family arrive at the pool but some level of consistent service would have been good. I noticed some family's received the royal service: maybe I should have brought more $ to poolside.

The AC in the room was very poor. The bell boy agreed & said that he could obtain a fan from housekeeping to keep the room cooler: so there was some quality service from someone at FS LV. When the temperature is 100F+ & the A/C claims to be at 60F but is in reality at 80F, it sums up a hotel that thinks its number one in LV for service and quality but the reality is alot different.

On check out, we were overcharged for breakfast despite our credit. I wasn't even given the full breakfast credit as noted in my confirmation but by this stage I couldn't be bothered to question the point. I left the hotel disappointed with at least the thought that I wouldn't need to waste $$$ to be at the wrong end of the Strip again + the hope that MO hotel might live up to its hype! My overall impression is that the hotel doesn't try too hard to please as it doesn't need to.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
11  Thank Bob666
Reviewed 16 September 2010

The staff at the Four Seasons was superb. The complimentary car service was great. The rooms were quiet and clean. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Las Vegas. You can use the Mandalay Bay pool facilities as the Four Seasons is on top of the Mandalay Bay hotel. In a crazy city like Vegas, it's nice to go and relax at this quiet hotel.

2  Thank davidh709