4,805 results
All reviews mandalay bay veranda restaurant house car secret door mandalay pool separate entrance private pool strip view suite wave pool pool staff other hotels turn down service peace and quiet south end of the strip steam room one bedroom suite pool side
Reviewed 28 July 2010

If you don't like being part of the herd and want a peaceful atmosphere in Las Vegas, you can actually find it right on the Vegas strip! Tucked away past the lobby of the chaotic Mandalay Bay is the Four Seasons....occupying the first floor and the upper 4 floors of MB. It's the perfect getaway for those (especially locals!) who are sick of dodging tourists, strollers, and whatever else clogs the typical casinos and lobbies.

Nevada residents get the ULTIMATE steal of a deal...$129 a night with no resort fees! You have to book in person or on the phone to get this rate.

Check-in was polite and easy, as expected. They are ultra-nice and formal and offer you a bottle of water as you exit to go to your room. Being a lower maintenance person I had parked my own car in the MB garage and was happy to take my own bag to my room. Unlike Ritz Carlton, you don't feel the pressure to be waited on hand and foot... Four Seasons is much better at offering great service without being intrusive.

The rooms are more comfort and luxury than hip and cool. I'd take a room at many other hotels before the one at the Four Seasons but it is very nice. Fantastic bath products, a supremely comfortable bed, and other luxuries abound. Simple and understated, yet luxurious. It was fun to simply relax in the room and lounge around the comfortable bed. There is also a great sitting chair and a flat screen TV on the dresser. No fridge is provided but they do have a fully stocked mini bar. Internet runs $14.99.

The pool is the highlight of the Four Seasons! While you have access to Mandalay Bay's pool, the best in Vegas, I had no interest in being in that crowded pool area as the Four Seasons has it's very own pool. It is the most luxurious pool I've been to. You arrive to check in at the pool and they find chairs for you and dress it up for you. A pitcher of water with oranges in them is delivered. Approximately every hour someone will come by with something.... frozen snickers, popsicle, otter pop, cold towel, Evian spritz. It was fantastic and made a day at the pool a truly enjoyable experience! The pool itself is average and isn't very deep but it is very relaxing.

There is also a nice fitness facility and spa near the pool. I was very excited about using the spa as it is included in the room rate, however, I did not realize it's not a full service spa. There are showers, a steam room, lockers, and a sink area. I was a bit disapointed but that's my fault for not doing my homework. The steam room was very nice and had a great eucalyptus smell.

Another great part of a stay at the Four Seasons is the Verandah restaurant. There is NO reason to leave this hotel as the Verandah is one of the top restaurants in all of Las Vegas...no matter which meal you are eating! There's a great martini happy hour from 4-6 and locals receive 25% off dinner on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. There is also a Charlie Palmer steakhouse next door to Verandah that had an awesome prix fixe special for $48 but I have never eaten there so can't say much about it.

For anyone wishing to have a Vegas adventure that puts you in the middle of everything but takes you away at the same time, the Four Seasons is without a doubt the place to stay. I can see why Michael Jackson holed himself up in this hotel when he lives in Vegas!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank everyshadeofblue
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I got a wonderful deal through the internet ($110/nite) so I decided to book the Four Seasons, although we would have prefer to stay somewhere in the middle of the Strip. But because of the great deal we got, we decided to stay at the Four Seasons even it was a bit out of the way.

Upon check in, the hotel was almost in full capacity and the room category that we booked was no longer available. So the nice gentleman at the check in counter upgraded us to a suite with a separate living room and bedroom.

We feel we hit the jackpot and we totally enjoyed our stay. It is connected to the Mandalay Bay so it was easy to go around. After a very tiring (but exciting) day of walking, drinking, eating and gambling, it is always nice to come back to a serene, elegant environment and have a very good night sleep.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vinzeph
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I stayed here for one night when I was passing through Vegas and it was offered at a good rate. It offered exactly what I expected from a Four Seasons; wonderful service, lovely rooms, and a quiet, calm and upscale atmosphere. I confess to being slightly disappointed though. Many Vegas hotels offer such luxury that the FS room was nothing special by comparison, and it was much smaller than those at the Venetian or Encore for instance. And if you are looking to explore Vegas, then the location is not ideal, being on the top few floors of Mandalay Bay which is at the far south end of the Strip. The service was wonderful, and it was lovely not having to wait in line to check in, and the quiet serenity would be a nice escape from the Strip as part of a longer stay, but it is a bit removed from what I would consider a real Vegas experience to be.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank UKLizzie
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I travel extensively for business and pleasure. I had some trepidation about going to Vegas with a young child and chose the Four Seasons as it is away from the insanity of the strip, while close enough to make accessing shows possible. Others may find the location too far from the strip action; for me that is the appeal. Check in was smooth. Many hotels give small children a 'goodie bag' and these are always a treat to my DD. At this hotel, however, she was given a full sized stuffed animal. She was floored. The private lobby area and elevator allows you to forget that you are connected to a mega resort, but the Mandalay facilities are there when you want them. We had hoped to use the wave pool at Mandalay, but DD was just under the height limit. I expected tears. Instead, she just asked to go back to the Perfect Pool-- the name she gave the Four Seasons Pool. It wasn't the pool itself which she loved, but the staff who catered to her every 6 yr old whim. The pitcher of ice water at our side, the frozen fruit... we spent hours at the pool each day. The lifeguards were attentive to safety, but warm and welcoming. The concierge staff embraces children and has a list of suggested restaurants and activities which are 'spot on'. The front door staff were so warm and welcoming that we felt we were coming home each day. The restaurant, while pricey, is quality and we loved having lunch at the pool. This is, bar none, the best hotel I have stayed at in terms of quality service. Attentive, but never intrusive. I would go back to Vegas simply to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Really don't know why its posted as No 1. I've stayed at much nicer rooms at Encore, Bellagio, Wynn and Palazzo, which all have big rooms in comparison, better technology as controlled entertainment, curtains, lighting, etc. Four Seasons is updated. Looks they changed some lamps, rugs and curtains, but everything else is old. Never was greeted by my name. When we cheked in, it was early. They told me they would call me as soon as my room was ready. Never called. The only nice people where the car valet, helpful and liked the detail of putting cold water bottles in the car, although sometimes missed it. Expected more from room service in quality and response. I requested a type of cereal, they did not have it, a fruit, not either. I was surprised the attendant was sincere by saying they where out of many things. Quality was bad: cold toast, overcooked eggs, etc. For the price payed, would never come back at this location. I was dissapointed to see they manage the name Four Seasons compared to locations as London, Paris, Chicago or New York. They might as well change its name to Four Seasons Express.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple