“Happy Hour is the Best 1/2 Hour”
Review of High Roller

High Roller
Ranked #4 of 381 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Measuring 520 feet in diameter, the High Roller eclipses both the London Eye and Singapore Flyer. Facing north and south parallel to Las Vegas Boulevard, the wheel takes 30 minutes to complete one full revolution and features 28 glass-enclosed cabins with broad views of Las Vegas and the Strip. Each spherical cabin can hold up to 40 people, with benches on either side of the cabin and plenty of floor space in between-but we imagine you'll want to stand and admire the view. Sight-seeing isn't all that the High Roller has to offer. Take in the best views of Las Vegas from inside a High Roller Happy Half Hour cabin. Your ticket includes one 30-minute ride and an open bar inside the cabin! Allow your body and mind to soar 550 feet in the sky above the Las Vegas Strip in a unique and personalized yoga session with a professional instructor. Or experience a one-of-a-kind sky high chocolate tasting experience paired with your choice of wine!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was the highlight of one of my recent trips. I got it as a surprise for my friends as we had someone with us was a Vegas virgin. For the price it was well worth it for the views, excellent bartender and by the time we hit the top I was feeling it. Its a moving party that doesn't stop. Check Groupon for a discount and hop on for your next trip to Vegas.

Date of experience: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (21,251)
All reviews
"bar tender"
in 198 reviews
"smooth ride"
in 204 reviews
"great view of the strip"
in 204 reviews
in 230 reviews
"eiffel tower"
in 203 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was a good stop in Las Vegas. The price isn't bad at about $35 at night, less expensive in the daytime. It takes about 45 minutes to complete the ride around. The panoramic views from 550 feet above Las Vegas are fantastic. The ride is very smooth and very well organized. The line goes very quickly. Buy your tickets from the ATM machine outside the main ticket office to save some money. If you're a geek or engineer you will really enjoy the technology and engineering that went into building and operating this attraction.

1  Thank SFKenA
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have done this 2 times and experiences were quite different. A rather pricey ride, but you do get a lot of drinks in 30 minutes. First time it was my husband and I in the all you can drink pod with only one other couple. We had a very engaging bartender who kept us drinking and talking the whole time. When we couldn't think of something to drink, he made something for us. Loved that! We were able to try drinks that we might not have tried otherwise. Once we got to the top, our bartender gave us all shots to toast with and offered to take pictures of us. That was a top-notch experience.
The second time we were in a pod with about 10 other people. The bartender was very friendly and accommodating, but did nothing to encourage our group to talk or get to know each other, so we felt like we were just standing around drinking by ourselves. When we got to the top there was no mention of a shot or even an acknowledgement that we were at the very top. Our bartender didn't really give many suggestions for drinks, but was able to make whatever we requested.
After our first trip on the High Roller we were both excited to go again. However, after this second trip, not so sure when we decide on another ride on the High Roller.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I recently had my wedding ceremony on the High Roller. I did all my planning with Alexis through email as I am Canadian. She was fantastic and made the whole process a breeze from start to finish. We were comfortable with 32 people in our pod plus the officiant. I had many guests worry about heights and claustrophobia but when the event came they all said it was great. Our officiant was a very nice man that kept it short and sweet. I would recommend this entire experience a million times over.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Half of our group chickened out of this ride, leaving 6 of us to experience this wonder. We treated ourselves to souvenir drinks in the bar on our way up to the platform, which were delicious. The souvenir cup is an adorable little replica of the cabin you ride in, and we loved them.

The ride was much slower than I had anticipated, which was great actually, because a slow ascent makes it much less scary for those of us afraid of heights. As someone who doesn't care for ferris wheels, I was a little nervous about the High Roller, but there's no rocking and it all feels very secure. The cabin was roomy and had seats available, which we were way too excited to sit in.

The view starts out pretty good as you board from a decent height already, but as you climb over the city, the view just gets more and more spectacular from every direction. Vegas truly is a beautiful town in so many ways.

The ride takes 30 minutes all told, so if you time it right you can catch a Bellagio fountain show from the top, and even without music behind it, it's a pretty cool way to see it.

They also have TVs in the cabins that share interesting history and facts about Vegas. We love to learn about the history of the cities we visit, so that was a pleasant surprise as well.

If you're afraid to try this ride out, I urge you to conquer your fear and go for it. It's a truly breathtaking experience.

Date of experience: March 2018

Been to High Roller? Share your experiences!