New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and up
Vegas Strip and Hoover Dam Twilight Helicopter Tour
Ranked #3 of 223 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1985, Sundance Helicopters operates the largest and most experienced helicopter company in Las Vegas. Sundance offers two types of aircraft. Choose the the newer EC-130 Ecostar if you desire more legroom and comfort. Sundance also offers the still classy A-Star for the more economy minded. Featuring daily fully narrated (foreign languages available) Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours, many with landings on the canyon floor! We carry more than 160,000 customers safely each year creating memories to last a lifetime. All of our tours originate from Las Vegas so no long transfers to non Las Vegas airports and true limousine transfers help make the Sundance experience extra special for you, your family, friends or special guest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

I had a simular experience as 1977Canuck with the Vice President in town.
My girlfriend and I had decided to join my parents on their flight who had already booked.
Originally we were looking at Maverik Helicopters as they were cheaper.
Also as I exceeded the weight requirement I had to pay for another seat which in the case of Maverik they do half price while Sundance charge the full price of the seat.
I was a little annoyed at this but agreed to pay it as we wanted to share the experience with my parents.
When were called and told the flight was canceled due to the airspace restrictions with the Vice President arriving in town the girl I spoke to on the phone offered to change the flight from Friday 1st July to Sunday 3rd July and offered to include a landing in the canyon with the flight which she changed to offering a free photo and DVD when I mentioned I was flying with my parents.
Also she did explain she could not hold the tickets which I can understand as they would be trying to reschedule everyone due to all the cancellations they had to make.
I asked if she had contacted my parents yet which she said she hadn't so I said I would be happy to change to the new date & time if they agree.
She later called back saying she could not contact them so I told her to go ahead and book and if it was not suitable we will cancel it. She then advised their 24hour cancellation policy. Well we had a few days to decide :)
So far it was a bit of an inconvenience but I could see they were trying so I accepted it.
The limousine service was pleasant though he thought he was picking up 3 people with the extra seat I had to book. Also as my girlfriend and I were staying in a different hotel to my parents they did not come in our limo which was a bit confusing and disappointing.
When we arrived is where we found the rude service. The staff were too busy to answer anyone's inquiry insisting they sit down as they were too busy.
I just wanted to find out where my parents were as we arrived before them and I wanted to make sure we were on the same flight.
Most the other people there had the same treatment and were all commenting on how rude the service was. We were also not told much more than to sit down and we would be called.
Finally my parents arrived and we watched the safety DVD.
We were called up and weighed and were then told that there was some bad weather approaching and apparently a fire in the area reducing visibility so were given the option of going ahead and risking that we wont see anything or reschedule again.
For my parents this wasn't an option so they chose to go ahead and we decided it was more important to us to spend time with them than to reschedule.
So we took the flight which was a little hazy but once over the canyon it cleared up and had an enjoyable flight. The pilot was really pleasant too so that part of it was fine though when we got to the Skywalk (We were on the Skywalk flight) it was closed due to the storm coming in as there was too much static in the air they said. This was disappointing. We were told that we would be refunded for that part of the tour.
When we got back we were treated to the same rude service and when we mentioned the free DVD and photo (Which we did mention at the desk before take off) they claimed they were not able to verify it. Eventually someone in head office told them to give the photo for free but not the DVD. We ended up paying for the DVDs and also the photo frames for both myself and my parents. Considering how much we paid (Including the extra seat) I was disgusted and I recommend everyone reading to not use this company. If I go back I will boycott them and instead try Maverik which seems to be the more popular service.

4 Thank ozione

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A once in a lifetime experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Having been underwhelmed with Las Vegas in general, apart from the shows, this trip to the Grand Canyon was what made the trip worthwhile. It's the only way to truly experience and appreciate the really breath taking views of this natural wonder. The cost for my husband, two teenage kids and myself was considerable, but worth every cent. Despite the threat of bad weather, our pilot O.D. Put us completely at ease and was both friendly and informative. This adventure was definitely the highlight of our two week tour of the west coast of America.

2 Thank Quinnsontour
Toledo, Ohio
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“A great experience, well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

My wife and I took the Sundance Helicopter trip out to their landing pad in the Grand Canyon for a picnic. Enroute we were flown over the Hoover Dam for great photo and viewing opportunities. The pilot was very imformative about the geography we were flying over. Landing in the canyon was definitely a neat experience as they encourage you to walk around and explore. The picnic was a nice snack and would definitely hold you over if you were between meals.

I have flown 4 times on Blue Hawaiian Helicopters in Hawaii, and would say that Sundance has an equally impressive operation. The pilots and ground crew were professional and friendly. Sundance had a very competitive price, and having worked in aviation, I can tell you these helicopters are not cheap to operate. They are selling you a first-class helicopter experience for a very reasonable rate. Throwing in free limo pickup is a real bargain, and the driver was definitely on-time and didn't waste time getting us to and from our hotel.

3 Thank Flyinlow427vette
SUNDANCEMARKETING, Manager at Sundance Helicopters, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Thank you very much for posting your review, we appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience with Sundance.

Come back and visit Las Vegas again soon.
Kind Regards
Mark Stanway
Wodonga, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An absolute must....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

The only way to see the canyon and surrounds. Sundance were so organized and professional. We'd walked in off the street to book and they were full due to high demand but they put on an extra flight. Got the Landing Tour with Lunch for a fantastic price. Limo pickup was prompt and we were flying in no time at all. Pilot Dave was fantastic and informative and the helicopter ride just perfect. Smooth, quiet and at just the right speed. Back seat passengers swap to the front on the way back but the views are pretty good all round. Thanks Sundance.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Riverise61
Thunder Bay, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I hear it's beautiful, if you get to go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Before leaving for Las Vegas, I did a lot of research on helicopter companies. I saw immediately that there are two kinds of reviews for Sundance helicopters: Generally rave reviews for those who get to take the trip, and frustration and anger from those who get cancelled for bad weather. I booked anyhow, knowing that weather is unpredictable, and that we would get a refund if our trip was cancelled.

The day before our tour, I received a call from the company, explaining that the US Vice President was coming to town, and that the airspace would be closed during the period of our scheduled flight. The company offered us a spot on the earlier trip, departing our hotel at 6:10am. While not ideal, the cancellation was unpredictable, and I was happy to be offered an alternative time.

I explained that my travel companion was not with me in the hotel, and I needed about an hour to get in touch with her, to confirm that this change was ok with her. It was explained to me that the company cannot hold spots. I had previously been told this on an earlier call prior to booking and understood the policy at that time. However, our long weekend had been painstakingly planned, and this was a last minute change being made BY THEM. I politely suggested that, given the circumstances, an exception should be made for ONE HOUR. They said that they would try to hold the spot for 15 minutes. I was not happy and suggested that should any problems arise prior to them hearing from me, to call me at the hotel room. I spent the next hour sending emails and leaving messages, hoping that one would get to my travel companion. I received the “go ahead” in about an hour. However, when I called back Sundance, I was told that they had given away the spots because they cannot hold them. I attempted to return to my point about calling me if there was any problem, and was told only that they couldn’t call.

Again, I have no complaint about cancellation for weather or unforeseen circumstances. My problem is the lack of customer service when these things seem to occur. At the time of our initial cancellation, I made no request for discounts and did not get angry. I was only incredibly disappointed that the company could not give me one hour after I spent weeks planning the trip on my end.

Of note, after the night out, we received a phone message and email from Sundance explaining that two spots had opened up on the 7am flight, and offered us the spots. We had already made alternative plans, but more importantly, were incredibly turned off by how the situation had been handled by Sundance.

6 Thank 1977Canuck
SUNDANCEMARKETING, Manager at Sundance Helicopters, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Please accept our sincere apologies; having read your posting we completely agree that you received poor customer service. There is no reason why our staff member should not have been more accommodating given your circumstances.
During the Vice Presidential fundraising visit Sundance Helicopters was unable to fly, this resulted in hundreds of guests being cancelled due to lack of available seats. However, we should have held your seats as we had managed to contact you. The manager of the department in question will be advising the team that they need to be as flexible as possible in situations such as the one you described.
Please know that your comments have been taken seriously and I truly hope that we can make this up to you and your companion sometime in the future.
Kind Regards
Mark
Sundance Helicopters.

Been to Sundance Helicopters? Share your experiences!