Pros: very nice, newer hotel, friendly, pleasant staff. Maids do a fantastic job of keeping rooms very clean. Free breakfast (nothing special, just dry cereal, instant oatmeal, "do it yourself" waffle machine, toast, muffins, juice; could use some hot items and fresh fruit--bananas were stale). Also, free morning paper, computers, and airport shuttle. Easy access to Hwy 215 and fast food restaurants.
HUGE (and only) Con: Unfortunately, this nice property is located DIRECTLY under the takeoff flight path of jet traffic from McCarren Airport, so you are treated to a symphony of non-stop, loud noise from morning to midnight. I tried switching rooms to a lower floor but could still hear the air traffic, so the walls are obviously too thin. Once the traffic FINALLY stopped at midnight, I could here the couple in the next room chatting until 3 AM.
I'm really sorry to give such a nice place a thumbs down (and the only reason is the noise), but even the nicest hotels can be ruined by a lousy night's sleep as my stay was. And I don't think I'm being oversensitive. (I asked another gent sharing my elevator ride if he got any sleep. He rolled his tired eyes incredulously and said "No.") I'll admit I am a bit ticked because when I checked in, I specifically requested a "quiet room" and explained to the desk clerk that I lived in Vegas but was treating myself to a quiet hotel stay to escape the loud July 4th fireworks noise in my neighborhood. He didn't say a word about the constant air-traffic when I checked in. I would have appreciated a diplomatic heads up so I could have avoided throwing away $114. on a sleepless night of constant noise.
If you are deaf or are lulled to sleep by the constant drone of airplanes taking off, you will love this place. For 99% of the rest of us, consider yourself warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Las Vegas Hotel Offers Close Access to McCarran International Airport Ideally located near McCarran International Airport LAS), our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Las Vegas provides access to local businesses, as well as to the famous Las Vegas Strip. Leisure travelers will enjoy staying at our Las Vegas, Nevada hotel as they explore all the exciting attractions Las Vegas has to offer. Our hotel is minutes from the Las Vegas Strip and Fremont Street, where you will find the world's best dining, shopping and entertainment. Nature lovers can take a short drive to the beautiful Red Rock Recreation Area, and avid shoppers can enjoy the Las Vegas Outlet Mall or the Fashion Show Mall. Our Las Vegas hotel is convenient to businesses including Sierra Pacific, Boyd Gaming, Harrah's Entertainment, Southwest Gas and Spring Valley Medical Center. If you're attending a conference, both the Las Vegas Convention Center and the World Market Center are close to our hotel. While staying at our charming Las Vegas hotel, you can enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool or a workout in the fitness center. You can start each morning with the free Express Start hot breakfast bar, featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Free high-speed, wireless Internet access throughout the hotel keeps you connected during your stay. Check out our great Las Vegas hotel deals, and book your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Las Vegas
- Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway