“Not Feeling Good”

Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not Feeling Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

My daughter is getting married at Mandalay Bay in June. I am not feeling good about this. There is very little communication on the part of Mandalay Bay. Our wedding coordinator Mischele has dropped the ball numerous times and as mentioned in a previous post only seems to be interested in getting the money. That is the only coorespondence I recieve from her. The guests have to be in place 30 minutes before the ceremonly time, which wasn't told to us until after the invitations had gone out, so we are sending out a mass email. Worried about the flowers as well. Coordinator was supposed to send color samples and never has. We are too far into it now to change, so I am hoping for the best.

Visited May 2011
8 Thank mountainlvr62

Gilbert, Ari
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ok, not fabulous!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

Everything was just average and some points were below average. The chapel is beautiful, the coordinator not so. She was very untimely in responding to emails and I felt like I was just pushed to the back burner unless she needed something from me. The photography was HORRIBLE. I repeatedly said I wanted more candid shots and "in the moment" shots. I did not want all the posing shots. I gave her multiple descriptions multiple times and she just didn't care. There are some shots where you can't even see everyone in the bridal party, and we did not have that many people to begin with. If you can't go in after the wedding to view pictures, they send you printouts of thumbnails, each picture is about 1in by 1.5 inches. The floral was horrible, I asked for dark plum flowers and got light lilac color. They did reimburse me 50% of the cost of flowers, but was still frustrating. Overall, I spent alot of money and wasn't all the pleased from start to finish. I can't say that I would recommend it, but I know other people who have gotten married there and have had a great experience. Maybe it was just my coordinator, Mischelle. I would not recommend her.

Visited October 2010
6 Thank rdc101610
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wedding at Valley of the Falls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

I had my wedding at Mandalay Bay at the Valley of the Falls location and it was the best decision I have ever made. The setting was perfect and all of the decor was exactly what I wanted. However, the wedding planners truly do nothing for you. I was originally assigned a planner and had my doubts about her because of all of the bad reviews I read. I spoke with the head lady and she assurred me there would not be any problems. I got used to her taking a least a week to respond to me but then about a month before the wedding she quit. So I was then assinged to Angela DeCosmo and she was fine. I never talked to her on the phone, she gave me zero suggestions and did nothing except contact me to make sure I paid my bill about 5 times. I never saw her once while I was in Vegas. The lady that as there during the wedding was the most unhelpful person I have ever met. The best man left the rings in the hotel room and so while I was talking to the wedding site the grooms men saw me which was dissapointing. There was no communication and I felt like all of the extra money I spent on TWO wedding planners for the valley of the falls was a waste. I was very upset that multiple guests saw me as they ran back to the hotel looking for the rings. She was SO unhelpful. Once I got to the site and saw my husband everything worked out perfectly but I think it is so ridiculous how they made me feel like they had no idea what was going on. Besides the wedding planner issue I loved the Chapel and Mandalay Bay.

7 Thank becky22x
Walton on Thames, Surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“My Amazing Wedding at the Valley of the Falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

I got married at The Valley of the Falls at The Mandalay Bay on 9th January 2010 in Las Vegas.
Anyone who is considering getting married in Vegas should do it!
I originally wanted to have a low cost wedding and as I was going to Vegas anyway to celebrate my mums 50th birthday I thought it was an excellent opportunity to tie the knot!
Word spread and 19 friends decided to come with us.
I looked through the options seeing what the best value package was, I decided on The Little Chapel of the Flowers, before putting the deposit down I showed my dad someone else’s wedding online ... I can’t really publish his exact words but it was along the lines of find somewhere else.. I’m not walking you down that isle!
So I started looking to see what the hotels had to offer, I was staying at THEhotel at the Mandalay Bay for a week so check out what they had to offer.... I instantly fell in love with The Valley of the Falls, I showed my dad (who was funding everything) and he liked it too.
I decided on the Eco Chic package as it included the ceremony at The Valley of the Falls, because I was already staying at the hotel I swapped the night in the spa hotel room for a $250.00 voucher for the spa!
The wedding coordinator (Aleena) was great! She replied to all my emails straight away (and there were plenty of them!) .. I was able to choose the colours of my flowers and the decorative flowers so they matched my colour scheme and choose the songs that were played.
To be honest it all seamed a bit too easy!
Because a few friends decided to come I had to arrange a reception.. I decided to get married at 17:00, then have dinner at 19:30 and then head to a club for 22:00
Every thing was booked through group dining at Mandalay bay.

When I arrived at the hotel I had my dress and my fiancée’s suit pressed which only cost about $40, I arranged to meet someone from group dining so they could show me the restaurant and the club and went to see Aleena at the chapel.
It wasn’t until I got there that I felt really relaxed, I could finally chill out and believe that everything was going to go well and to plan!

The wedding went without a hitch, the setting was amazing and the minister very funny, we got married late afternoon so it was dark outside and the grounds were lit beautifully.

After the ceremony we has some photos and them headed to a bar before we went to Giorgio the restaurant, we had a private room with out own waiters, all the food was serves family style so everyone could help themselves.

After we headed to Mix (the best views in vegas!) where we reserved a table and ordered 3 bottles of vodka.

All in all the wedding was amazing, the only thing I would have changed was the vow’s, I wish I’d told the minister that I wanted traditional vows rather than let him free style... but its a great excuse to go back and renew them!

My wedding wasn’t the wedding on a budget I’d hoped for but you pay for what you get in Vegas and I got my perfect wedding!

I hope this review helps please contact me if you are getting married at Mandalay bay and need some advise!

Sarah xx

22 Thank pinkbubblegum
vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“"BEST "Day of My life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

We got Marriedat The Chapel and it couldn't have been better! this is the best place to get married in vegas based on my experience. We got the Platinum package and was worth ever penny! It had a perfect balance of everything. U will always want more pictures than given in the package so be prepared to pay a large amount to get more. We on the otherhand used an outside photographer for $400 USD. They were trying to build their portpholio. Worth every penny and gave me all the the rights to the pictures! We had our reception at Rumjungle...I recommend this place food was outstanding same with the service. They went above and beyond my expectation, and Im a server !! We had our pre reception in the L suite and felt like Hollywood Movie starts. The room is phenominal. A wet bar surround sound and DVD player etc... you casn find in the room. Overall the service with the front desk was and every else we celebrated that evening could not have been better. Get married here is all I have left to say!

4 Thank milanie