“Almost 5 stars, except...”

Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South
Ranked #20 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
seattle, WA
“Almost 5 stars, except...”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The facial tissue is very rough, like sand paper. I was having a cold, I used a lot of the tissues, so my nose skin hurt.

Breakfast for kids under 12 was free, others $11.95, so we had our breakfast at Burger King, just next to the hotel, for half the price(4 adults and 1 child).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your recent stay with us. Glad to hear that you were happy with our hotel in general and I am sorry to hear that you were not feling well during your stay.
Thank you for rating us 'almost 5-star". "5-star" is our goal! Please, ask our front desk agents for the bed-and-breakfast rate plan next time, so that you and your family can enjoy our full, hot breakfast together at our Great American Grill. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South - we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was my 1st visit to Vegas, my daughter was there on business. I joined her mid-way through her week long class. The hotel was immaculate, the staff was very accomodating and friendly. The hotel restaurant was small but served it's purpose. I only ate breakfast but I will admit it was well worth it, they had a variety of foods to choose from so you could eat as much or as little as you wished. I sat pool side one morning, the area was clean even though there was work going on in the pool area. The noise level in the rooms was practically nil. The only time I had a complaint was the last morning (Saturday). A group came in very loudly and slammed their door (about 5:20 a.m.), I'm sure they had partied at the lounge next to the hotel or had just come from the Strip. If I wanted peace and quiet and not spend a lot of time on the Strip this is one hotel I'd be staying everytime I was in Vegas.

Room Tip: This was a 4 story hotel, we were on the 3rd floor and our room over looked the roof to the front of...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cat53
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Thank you for the time you have taken to post this really nice review on our property. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. I am sorry about the inconvenience you experienced with the noise from another room. I can guarantee that it is not typical here, even though we are in Las Vegas.Our goal is to consistently please every guest. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Las Vegas.
Fontana, California, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Friendly and courteous staff, great selection of breakfast, immaculate shape (fitness center), microwave and refrigerator are provided in the room, plenty of restaurants nearby, hotel is just across the outlet. I left my cellphone wall charger and the staff took extra service by mailing back to me.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
We are really grateful for this nice review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our full, hot breakfast and your workout in the fitness center. I hope you have received your phone charger, too, by now. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South during your next visit to Las Vegas.
Reviewed 22 August 2012

New, clean, perfect location and parking lot just outside the door. Very nice pool area. We would go there again just because of the breakfast. Outstanding!! Outlet and good restaurants a short drive away. A great stay and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. It was really nice of you to take the time to write this review. Thank you. We take pride in our staff and our well-maintained, clean hotel. We hope that you will chose the Hilton garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South for your stay when you return to Las Vegas and you will have a great hotel experience again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is one of those pretty standard hotels you could find anywhere. Some times if you don't really pay attention you may think you are in another city. It is conveniently located south of the strip and of the airport, so you could forget where you are if you don't really pay attention. The hotel provides shuttles to the strip, and there is also an almost acceptable mall north of the place where you can go shopping or just have a quick smoothie if you need it.

I was here for 4 days of training and I am not sure I can really say there was anything outstanding in that stay except the people at the morning kitchen. Kudos to them for how nice they were, going as far as preparing breakfast beyond their regular hours.

Apart from that, I am not sure the swimming pool is usable (I did not see anybody in there in my whole stay), food barely surpasses the edible mark and your room, while not badly sized, is going to be noisy (because of the AC and the fridge -I hate those) and you may have to figure out which wifi is actually usable with your laptop.

In summary, don't look into this place for nothing else than what it is, a place to sleep with clean sheets.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors and far from the road.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business