“Gorgeous and comfortable! But far from other casinos.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #5 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Gorgeous and comfortable! But far from other casinos.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We had a great time at the Wynn. We had a great deal, and ended up with a stunning 58th-floor view of the Strip. The interior was filled with light and bright colors, and everyone was very nice.

We have a Heavenly Bed at home and are regularly disappointed by hotel beds; the Wynn's beds were good enough to make us forget home! The tubs were large and deep enough to accommodate two comfortably, and there were plenty of elevators -- important in the tall buildings on the Strip!

The only problem is: it's at the far north end of the Strip, with no easy access to the Monorail (apparently they used to have a shuttle, but not anymore). If your Vegas plans involve spending a lot of time at other casinos -- say, for the shows, or to play blackjack costing less than $15/hand -- then you may find this to be inconvenient. Since a lot of our favorite restaurants are towards the south end of the Strip, I'm not sure we'd stay here again. Although we really, really loved it!

Room Tip: The Strip view rooms have a gorgeous view! You can get a higher floor by going for that rather than...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank juniorbird

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,340)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

Went over Easter weekend, upgraded to the tower suites. View of pools and golf course was beautiful. Rooms are large and luxurious. The tower suites has VIP access to 2 pools which both get sun late in the afternoon. The service was superb. Only critiques is would like pools to be heated and you can hear the nightclub music well into the early morning hours. It was a nice getaway from my husband and I. Would stay again.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank MTRTMom
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed at Tower Suites at the Wynn for 4 nights, it was a great experience. Stayed at Mandalay and Bellagio before, also at some moderate hotels, this one is by far the best. The location is great, close to everything but far enough from the "older" part of the strip. The whole place has a feel of a very classy, beautiful resort, you forget you're in Vegas when you stay there! The room was extremely comfortable, separate entrance, elevators and check-in area just for the tower guests. Beds and linens are incredibly comfortable, we had a pool/golf course view, the room had every possible amenity you wanted, even TV's in the bathroom. Pools were beautiful and well maintained. Food at the buffet was exceptional, even simple things like oatmeal in the morning was the best oatmeal I've ever had! Casino is clean and doesn't even have the usual smoky smell, saw plenty of people smoking but, I guess, they ventilate it really well. The lobby is gorgeous, there are plenty of expensive restaurants and cheaper options to eat, tried PizzaPlace ( really great pizza ) and Zuzu Crackers before the show, it was very good. You will have an outstanding vacation if you stay here.

Room Tip: If offered to upgrade to a Tower Suite and it's within your budget - don't hesitate, it'...
3 Thank Alicia L
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

What I am reviewing here is our wedding. .

I am so happy we had our wedding at the Wynn. Planning a Las Vegas wedding is easy and difficult. We initially wanted a Mexico wedding however many people had there complaints therefore we settled on Vegas. It suited us well since 70% of our guests were from out of town. We had guests travelling from Ontario, North West Territories, Alberta, British Columbia and Australia. Vegas seemed like a logical choice.

As a bride I really wanted a classy and small wedding. The Wynn gave me my fantasy. I first fell in love with the Wynn on a previous trip to vegas. I was mesmerized by the pomanders in the atrium. I thought it was the most beautiful scene ever. I loved the mosaics.

I really wanted the wedding to be at the Wynn however my back up choice was Mandalay Bay. The Wynn coordinator emailed me back very promptly Mandalay Bay did not respond to my emails. It was set in stone my wedding would be at the Wynn.

There were several emails sent back and fourth in regard to planning. Last minute I decided to change the colour of my bridesmaid flowers and despite the order already in progress they were able to accommodate. The Wynn accommodated all my small requests to make the ceremony as personal as possible. Darlene was amazing. She was the kindest person who held my hand through this event and all the stresses. Steve Wynn should really be proud of the amazing job his staff do. They bring happiness into the world. They executed everything so extremely well. One of the suits lost a button, Darlene sewed it back on. The music was flawless. My entrance was very special. There is something very special about a Wynn Wedding.

The Reverend was amazing. I couldn't help but cry. The ceremony was so personal and beautiful. I told him to just do his own thing and that I trusted him. Well, it was like he knew us as a couple for our whole entire lives. He spoke words that touched me so deeply and that truly made our vows very special.

The floral was incredible. I've never smelt roses so pretty.

The photography was so much fun and one my favourite parts of the day. After the family and group shots; my husband and I left with the photographer to cruise around the Wynn and take photos. After all the stress of the wedding this was a very special and intimate time for my husband and I. We had a lot of very special moments all over the hotel. He complained about the photography and how we didn't need it up to the day of the wedding. He had so much fun and loved every second of it! Then when we viewed the photos the next day we couldn't believe how amazing they were, how they captured the special moment brought me to tears. We bought the whole photography package. It was worth every box of kraft dinner I've had to eat since to own the photography rights. I have included several photos that illustrate how amazing the photography department is.

We had our Dinner at The Society Cafe at the Encore. The tables were set beautifully. They had special menus. The food was amazing! People are still talking about the food. The cake was incredible. We picked the raspberry lemon curd and the chocolate cake. I never tasted the chocolate :( If I had to pick my last meal in the world it would be that raspberry lemon cake. I'm thinking that next time I go to vegas I'm going to order a tier of that cake. It would be worth the calories and cash because I've never ate anything that delicious in my entire life. I don't even like cake! I have dreams about this cake!

We then went to the piano bar. They played our song and we danced to it. The piano bar guys were so good. One gripe there was some waitress there that didn't want me there because of my dress. She was really rude actually. I was like I just dumped like 10-15 grand here and you're not going to let me have a first dance? Seriously lady? Especially since our group had like a $300-400 tab. A very nice couple sent us over champagne and we had so much fun. She eventually made me sit down in the corner. We had fun anyway.

Then my husband and I walked throughout the Wynn and the Venetian. We then took a cab to our room at the Bellagio. It's amazing how many people take inconspicuouse pictures of you when you get married in Vegas. You really feel like a star. I had girls stopping me about my dress, people yelling congratulations and high fives. It was so cool and a very awesome experience.

I highly recommend The Wynn!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank RoxyGurl
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

As vegans, both my boyfriend and I weren't planning on spending a week in Vegas having the best of diets. I had pictured living off soft pretzels and french fries. We were originally intending on staying at the Hard Rock, as we're both younger, edgy types.

After hearing that Steve Wynn had gone Vegan and added vegan menus to EVERY restaurant at both the Wynn and Encore, we were very swayed.

I had read that the Wynn was much more intended for the older, rich and classy guest - and yes it was. Some of the guests did make us feel like we didn't belong, but we were NEVER treated that way by the staff**, who were more than accommodating and friendly.

**The moment that sticks out in my head the most was when we went to get a cab over to Ronald's Donuts (Vegan), and the doorman chuckled familiarly and gave the exact address.

We didn't arrive at the hotel until 2am, so check-in was a breeze. We had booked a King Panoramic Room. We weren't offered an upgrade, but we weren't looking for one either. We had called the hotel a week before and requested a non-smoking room and to let them know we'd be checking in after 12am. We were amazed to find out we were placed on an entirely non-smoking FLOOR, which also happened to be the 57th floor, with amazing views of the strip and mountains.

The bed was very comfortable, and the blinds, lights, and temperature were a touch of a button away from the bedside. The alarm clock also doubled as an ipod dock, which was great when we hung out in the room. I also appreciated the sheer blinds, as they allowed us to filter out some of the morning light while still waking up to the amazing view.

The maid service was excellent and dependable. I loved returning to the room to find all of my make-up and toiletries organized and arranged. She had even collected the hair pins I had left around and placed them in a glass.

The bathroom was large and featured a separate tub and shower. There was also a vanity area with a stool, which I used every morning to put my contacts in and do my make-up and hair.

Having internet in the hotel was great, and we made sure to make use of it as it was really the only thing included in the $25 + tax daily resort fee we could make use of.

The food was delicious and we felt very spoiled being able to eat wherever we pleased. I have to compliment the chefs on their vegan dishes. The Wynn has MASTERED vegan cheese. I would recommend every vegan staying here to order the vegan nachos from room service. Intend to share, as they are huge! They come with a cashew 'cheese' queso type dip loaded with jalapenos and green onions. There was also an amazing guacamole and fresh salsa.

We stayed 5 nights, and ate at the Pizza Place at the end of the esplanade 3TIMES during our stay. The veganized caesar salad kept us coming back. The patio was also a great place to relax, as it had a private view of two waterfalls, and there were several large heaters should the night get cool.

The pool area was beautiful, and the smell from the cherry blossom trees was lovely. They really succeeded at making it seem like a private oasis. You could hardly remember you were staying on the Vegas strip. Unfortunately we saved the pool for our last full day, and the sun refused to come out. If we ever get the chance to return, I intend on spending a full day lounging by the pool.

I recommend everyone visit Parosol Down for a cocktail one evening during their stay. There are several different shows that play out on the lake, and the eclectic seating and twirling parasols above you offer a great atmosphere.

We attended Le Reve our first night there, and though the 'Cique Du Soleil'-type shows aren't really our thing, we very much enjoyed it. Everyone was very skilled and had mastered some amazing techniques, but the lack of plot in those types of shows does make the routines a little bit tedious and repetitive. That being said, each vignette had their own amazing tricks and maneuvers.

Unfortunately our last day, a Friday, our plane out wasn't until 11pm. We called down for a late checkout, but understandably as it was a weekend, weren't able to get one. Checking our bags was a breeze, but a day we would have loved to spent by the pool was spent walking the strip.

If you are a vegan intending to visit Vegas, I highly recommend you stay here - even if you aren't the target demographic. Be warned though, a trip with intentions of drinking and debauchery will turn into indulging and extra naps!

Room Tip: Floor 57 is entirely non-smoking.
3 Thank KimmiKillZombie