“Just let us check in!”

Ranked #5 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Nashville
“Just let us check in!”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We just got back from the Wynn and it is a fabulous hotel. The property is pure luxury and very colorful. There wasn't that usual stale smoky smell as in some of the Vegas hotels - even in the casino. The staff was very helpful and professional. The pools are beautiful. We ate at the breakfast buffet twice and it was very good.

We stayed in a deluxe panoramic room with a king bed and a connecting deluxe panoramic double room. It was beautiful and very tasteful. The bed was comfortable and the bathrooms were great. You could close the drapes/turn on all the lights with a push of a button. One of the sinks in the king bath had not been cleaned and had dried face powder and hairs in it - yuck. But, after that, both rooms were spotless.

The only problem I have with the stay is during the check-in process. We had prepaid for two deluxe rooms (one king, one double). I had requested that they be connecting or side-by-side. When we got to the hotel, we had already been traveling ten hours because of flight delays and we were ready to get settled then eat. Immediately, the registration clerk (Michael) starts telling us about a better deal that he is going to give us. He showed us a suite with a connecting bedroom - a special deal for $1,200 more for our stay. We said we were not interested and would keep our rooms.. Oh, but wait... how about a smaller suite with a connecting bedroom for only $600 more for the stay. Now, this is over and above what we had already pre-paid. So, we again said no - we'll keep our rooms. Then he proceeds to tell us how our rooms will be on the lower floors over the nightclub and it will be so loud and he would just hate to do that to us. And, then says "we would like to put you in a suite because we have a better chance of renting your deluxe rooms than a suite!" We had already been there trying to check-in for 15 minutes. A line was forming. During this time he would leave and come back with other options. It became very clear to my husband and I that we were not going to get the rooms we had paid for - we were going to have to pay more. Finally, he shows us the "panoramic" rooms that are connecting and a mere $60 a night extra for both rooms. I finally said "fine, just let us check in." This process took over 30 minutes to complete. It was very frustrating for us and I noticed they were doing it to the other guests that were trying to check-in. So, for this reason we will not be back at the Wynn or the Encore. We felt like we were almost bullied into an upgrade that we really didn't want in the first place. We've stayed at other hotels and when they upgraded us to a bigger room or suite - it was free. If it's not the customer's idea to upgrade and it is the hotel's idea, it should be free.

Plus, if you are a Pepsi product person ....the Wynn only serves Coke products. You have to go down the road to get a Pepsi product. Most of the other hotels sell both Coke and Pepsi products.

Room Tip: The side overlooking the golf course is the prettiest view but has the morning sun.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank GoodtoGoAway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,470)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
shreveport
Reviewed 7 April 2012

once again the wynn was fantastic.. the room was beautiful the casino has lots of new machines.. I play penny slots. the employees were fantastic as always,.. this was my daughters first vegas trip we had so much fun.. was my 3rd trip..

Room Tip: we were on the 33rd floor and it was a great view..
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sherry M
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at the Wynn hotel for the first time. As far as the room, it was very large. It had a very comfortable bed that has a pillow top mattress, the most incredible pillows. They must get those large pillows custom made. Biggest pillows I ever saw in a hotel. Needless to say I thought I felt as if I was in heaven every time I went to bed. Nice shower that had an area where I could sit in the shower. I liked the entrance to the room with the high ceilings and huge mirror on the wall. No only does it have remote controls by the bed for the lights and drapes, but also right by the front door. The tower suites has its own entrance so you don't have to walk through the smokey casino. I enjoyed the buffet and one of there Chinese resturants, I had room service two times and it was consistent with good service and very tasty. I ate at the tower suites cafe for lunch and it was very delicious food. I will return to Wynn on my next trip to Vegas and do recommend their hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Santan2020
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

When we found out we were coming to Las Vegas, we decided to just gamble for the hotel room by bidding on priceline.com and voila, we ended up at the Wynn. I have to say the service was excellent. All the staff we encountered were helpful. Not that they all were able to answer our questions but the fact that they really TRIED to help definitely means a lot. From the front desk staff who kindly checked us in and explain the hotel map to us in detail to the security guard who couldn't answer our questions but managed to call different people trying to provide us with the solution, we were impressed with the service.
I thought the room was alright (I later slept at another property on the strip and found their room to be much better). Love the room technology with the lights and curtain.The spacious bathroom was surely nice. Can't complain about the TV near the sink. The only problem we had with our room was the fact that the AC wasn't cooling enough. We set the temperature to 67 and it felt like 76.
Aside from the room, we did eat at one of their restaurants and stopped by at the XS nightclub. La Cave, the restaurant we dined at, did not meet our expectation at all. Food were not good, with little flavor. We are used to bold, strong flavor so this for us really didn't work. However, thumps up to the sommelier. She was knowledgeable.
As for XS nightclub, we went on a Monday Night and it was a trance, house music night. If you like this type of music, you'll enjoy it.
The overall decor of the hotel to me was a little bit all over the place as some hotels on the Strip really keep their main theme throughout. Also didn't like the location that much since it's located near the end of the strip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Asatis
Keizer
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The room decor was quite classy and not Las Vegas gaudy. The bed was very comfortable. In the morning, after a long night on the town, it was extremely quiet so that you could sleep in late. The view we had was amazing. We chose the golf course side. We received free tickets to a show with our stay, and it was spectacular. All the employees were very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I have is the placement of the air conditioning. In the living area it would be cold, and in the sleeping area it would be hot. We are planning another trip, and will be staying at the Wynn.

Room Tip: The higher floors are very quiet. Any room has a great view. It just depends on if you want a view...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple