“Great Food”
Review of Chayo

Chayo
Reserve with OpenTable
Chayo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #877 of 5,412 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: USD 15 - USD 25
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is not on the cheaper side but still great for many other reasons. We have kids and they excepted reservations which is big because we can’t wait hours for a table. The food came out on time. The seating was nice, on the patio. Overall great experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here for dinner before seeing Mat Franco. Decent Mexican food, good street corn, good micheladas, and amazing shrimp cocktail. Service was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Where to start. The place looks great from the outside. Tables outside in a busy part of Vegas. All looked very promising.

Our waitress told us when we sat down that they were short staffed. So expect a delay with food of 5-10mins. No problem. We were in no rush.

We ordered nachos to share. Tacos and chicken fajitas for mains. Nachos arrived very quickly considering them being short staffed. No sooner had we started the nachos. Literally 2minutes. When our main course arrived. "You don't want them then our waiter asked"...No thank you...we've just started eating our starter....he took them away.

We actually wish the main course never arrived. The chicken was billed as spicy...it wasn't. And i only eat mild food. But both were very bland and tasteless. If anything, the fajitas tasted like garlic chicken.

I cannot recommend this place. A poor excuse for Mexican food and we left very disappointed.

Price wise. $21 for fajitas and roughly the same for tacos. Had it not been for our Groupon voucher of $60 towards food (bought for $39) we would have been around $80 for a very poor meal.

Our waitress was very helpful and friendly. But didn't ask why we hadn't eaten out main meal.

There are better places in town in my view

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Do not eat here at the chayo Mexican restaurant located in the linq, Las Vegas.

The food was absolutely awful and the waiter who served us should not be working in the service industry. His whole attitude was very abusive and aggressive. At the end of our awful experience, he slammed down the plates on our table when I informed him that there was no tip being given at all due to the awful meals we barely ate and his shocking service and behaviour.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stopped in here for happy hour since it was right in our hotel. I saw the less than stellar reviews, but figured drinks couldn't hurt. We decided to sit at the bar and I'm so glad we did. The bartenders were super friendly and chatted with us the whole time - they're actually the only reason I gave the place an extra star.
The hh margarita (without added flavor) was just ok, the added flavors were better (the watermelon was actually squeezed watermelon, not just flavoring), but still not great. The hh beer came in mini bottles. At the end of the hh, we decided to order a couple apps because we kept seeing food go by and it smelled great. My bf got the wings which were just ok, but came with a cilantro cream sauce we both really loved despite the fact we both typically hate cilantro. I got two tacos, one chicken and one steak. The steak was pretty horrible, but I stole my bf's sauce from his wings and it made it tolerable. The chicken was actually really good and tasted authentic.
While the bartenders were super friendly to us, the service in general for the hh was a little crazy. It seemed there was one dedicated bartender and one dedicated server, but one guy was more of a floater and didn't really seem to help where needed. I watched pretty much every table that came in sit for a long period of time and sit and talk amongst themselves, shaking their heads in disbelief that they weren't being served. I watched people sit with empty glasses for long periods of time with no refills. I watched people sitting with their checks annoyed because they wanted to leave. Many people came up to the bar to get their own refills and pay their tabs. I feel like they likely lost a lot of sales during the couple hours we were in there because people either didn't get to order often or just got sick of being overlooked and left.