“Nice Ambience & Good Food”
Review of Chicago Joe's

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Las Vegas Blvd & Charleston
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Chicago Joe's is 15-20 minute car ride north of mid-Strip. It is north of Stratosphere Hotel about 5 minutes. It is an intimate 12-table restaurant inside an old house. in fact, the building is so unobtrusive that you can easily miss it or mistake it for being closed. The house is divided into two open dining rooms, so if there is a large, noisy party in the front room, that can affect your dining experience. (We asked to be moved into the other room where we were able to avoid most of the loud conversation from the front room group.) Meals are hearty and relatively inexpensive ($16-22 for pasta or chicken entree that includes salad & warm bread.) Our party of 5 enjoyed delicious, homestyle Italian food and 2 glasses of wine for $140. Portion are generous and we took home lots of leftovers. Our waiter was very friendly and upbeat. Highly recommend Chicago Joe's if you are looking for inexpensive, good food in an out-of-the-way place.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Really liked this restaurant. Saw Chicago Joe's on a show on the Travel Network and we were headed downtown so we gave it a try. Good move. One warning. This is a very small restaurant with no bar and no space to wait inside. Only a few tables and very popular with locals and tourists. Highly recommend making a reservation. It wasn't very crowded when we were there but if it was it may take awhile to sit at a table..

It's close to Fremont Street Experience but I wouldn't walk there at night. We were going to Fremont after we ate and decided to Uber and we were glad we did.

Ordered the Spaghetti and Meatballs and the Cioppino which is a seafood stew. Both dishes came with a house salad that wasn't anything special that you get in many restaurants. The Spaghetti and Meatballs were very good. The meatballs were wonderful and the pasta was OK. Could have used a little more sauce but didn't ask for any more so I can't complain. The Cioppino was amazing. One of the best Italian dishes I've ever seen. Seafood was fresh, broth was flavorful and the seafood was plentiful. Wonderful dish. Had clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops and fish with broth and pasta. Easily a dish my wife and I could have split.

Unique restaurant in Vegas that I highly recommend. Just make sure you get a reservation if you are going during prime hours.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We loved it. The chicken parm is very tasty and the 4 cheese ravioli is lovely. Great service. Fun atmosphere. I will definitely be back the next time I’m passing through Vegas.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018

I saw Chicago Joe’s on a travel show and immediately placed it on my to do in Vegas dining list. It’s in a carefully decorated house -- I loved the homey ambiance -- in a quiet area of the strip towards old Vegas. It’s very small, so I would definitely recommend a reservation. I had the pasta with a spicy red sauce and it was superb. You can select your spice level here, which in my experience is not common in Italian restaurants. A nice big house salad to start. The lasagna, which also was excellent, is easily enough for two. Service was friendly and efficient. This is an unpretentious, authentic Italian restaurant, with great food and service. Prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank jk13619
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We were at the Children's Museum and were looking for a place to eat. This place had good reviews, so we thought we would give it a shot. WOW, we were not disappointed. The atmosphere is like being at home. The Italian menu was typical but plentiful and delicious. All of us took a doggie bag home. We would return when in the area again.

Date of visit: December 2017