“Outstanding restaurant experience from start to finish”
Review of Strings Italian Cafe - CLOSED

Strings Italian Cafe
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Paradise
Reviewed 6 December 2013

While living in Las Vegas for 13 years, my wife and I had the opportunity to dine at Strings many times after they took over the building from a realty company in the late 90's. We visited again during a recent visit and all was the same as we remembered.

This is authentic Italian and in this writer's opinion, one of the few in a city of over 3,000 restaurants, many of which are run by top names in the culinary business. Every meal we have ever had there has had a flavor difficult to find because most "Italian" restaurants really don't know how to do Italian. Even the salads are to rave about, adding an ingredient seldom found in salads and thought be wrong - raisins - that add a sweet taste to the overall dish.

Chicken parm is excellent, as well as the standard pasta dishes such as spaghetti with either marinara or meat sauce. The baked ziti is outstanding.

Service has always been excellent with friendly, but professional attitudes displayed at the tables at all times. The management appears to always be on top of things and it shows in the food quality and service.

We will return to Strings every time we vacation in Vegas. I highly recommend this venue.

1  Thank John S

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Not on the strip not a chain. Salad. was awesome served with crisp Italian bread served family style. Good size portion. Very reasonable price. Worth a trip back. We were taken to strings by a local .

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I think that's how you say very good in Italian. Whatever - Strings is awesome! I'm really picky about my pasta and this place is great. Just down the road from the Strip.

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

The service was friendly, but the food was average at best. It tasted like premade convenience foods instead of a chef-prepared meal. I cannot recommend this place over other Italian restaurants with similar pricing (most entrees ~$13-17).

Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

I try to eat local when ever possible. Strings is the definition of local home spun Italian. All of the comfort foods are on their menu, along with great nightly specials. Nothing fancy, but very easy.