“I have a theory”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have a theory about the high marks on this place, versus my very fair rating of "2" stars:

1. The person has never had any other Japanese food, and so does not know better;

2. People are drinking a lot of sake and so the taste of the food really does not matter;

3. These awesome reviews are a bit old;

4. or, the place just had a bad night the night I went.

The reason for 2 stars:

1. The food was really, really overcooked. Everything was overcooked. "Cook it 'till it's dead!" must be their mantra. Steak, overcooked. Vegetables, overcooked. Rice, overcooked. Chicken, overcooked. Fish, overcooked. Shrimp, overcooked. Tempura, overcooked. (And greasy! The oil needs to be changed...or just made hotter. Tempura, though fried, is not supposed to taste greasy.) Tea, overcooked! Shoot, even the salad was overcooked...okay, just kidding about that. But really, everything was super overcooked. It's like, are they fighting against amoeba dysentery, or something? What IS it???

2. The place needs a little renovating. It's a fun atmosphere, especially the hibachi area, but everything feels like it's about 5-10 years due for a renovation. (It might not even be that old, but it feels like that!) There were some areas where cleanliness, or rather, repairs, were needed, that were obvious. You know what they are, Ohjah!

3. The service was really uneven. Not enough attention at the table (water and tea glasses were not filled within a reasonable time). And rather than sincerely asking how everything was, the tone of question was, "You like everything, RIGHT?!!" NOT EXACTLY CONDUCIVE TO HONEST FEEDBACK...like, "Dude, you killed my steak so dead, it would not have a chance at the afterlife, even in India!"

On the plus side (why it is not 1-star), it is a fun, rollicking and convenient place to dine. If you came just for drinks, you would have a terrific time. So, maybe it's just an off-night. But don't take your most important client there, or your best sweetie, without checking it out first.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Having been to a few different hibachi places in town I can honestly say this was a waste of time, calories, taste buds, and money. Just the fact that we could walk in on a saturday night and get a seat at the hibachi table, and still have empty seats near us should have been enough to tip us off.

The Good - The fried noodle instead of fried rice. Defintiely the highlight of the meal. they were delicious and cooked well. However...the fact that they were served 10 minutes before anyone else in my party got their food made it kind of awkward and off putting.

The Great - Absolutely nothing. You can go if you want, but, I would strongly recommend Osaka or even Benihana over this place.

Why you'd avoid - Had to send my food back twice. He was more interested in the show he could make rather than the proper seasoning or execution of the dish. Tasted like he dumpe an entire salt shaker on my scallops. He then said he could fix them so he took them back. What I got was something no man or woman should have to put in their mouth. So then I got a steak ordered rare. The rest of the party finished their meals before I even started. When the steak came out I could see why it had taken so long....they decided well done was how I should get it. Super tough, had about 4 bites and gave up.

Food wise this has to be my least favorite experience in Las Vegas so far. Like I said, feel free to go if you want, but at these prices....don't say I didn't warn you!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Really good food and service last night. We had the 3 roll special. Great value. I️ can’t wait to try the new Sahara location.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Great food and fantastic ambiance. Service was great! Food was really good and affordable! The sushi was very good. The soup that came with the meal was really good and the salad dressing was yummy.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Sometimes when a restaurant changes managers it is a good thing, sometimes not so much.

I have been traveling for a few months, so had not been in for a while. A new manager seems to set a different tone, and the former very gracious service has been replaced with - well, not so gracious.

Sad.

Also, this location and others used to give a military veteran discount - that too has gone away...

Oh well... Time to search around for another hibachi restaurant, I guess...