“Love the pretzels!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Located inside the Hard Rock Hotel, we decided to give this place a try for lunch during restaurant week. In the dining area the walls to the outside are glass garage doors that open up to the pool area with outdoor seating. Surprisingly all the breads are made in house and the pretzel appetizer with melted provolone for dipping is incredible, a bit pricey at $12 but really good. The cheese is served in a crock with a candle under it to keep it warm. The potato/corn chowder was as failure as it was really watery. Salads were fresh and really tasty. They have an antipasti menu where you can pick your own meat and cheeses which is nice. The chocolate tart was very good. Servers are friendly and on top of drink refills. In the dining area there is small stage for a music performance which I assume happens in the evening.

Date of visit: August 2013
Write a reviewReviews (651)

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Not sure why I never ate here at previous stays at HRH. It was excellent!

The menu is interesting--it's a combo of chef-meets-pub-food. I don't know how else to describe it. Had their homemade crisps with dip, a chicken/shrimp kabob and seared Ahi tuna salad. Husband had fish and chips. All excellent, in fact their fish and chips were way better than Gordon Ramsay's Pub. The apple bread with vanilla bean ice cream--one of the best desserts ever.

The service was fast and servers helpful. Definitely recommend, I will be back for sure! It's a bit pricey but its worth the cost. Can't say that for many other casino restaurants.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The food at Culinary Dropout is very good. I got the "Ma.. the meatloaf!" which I hope is a reference to Will Ferrell's line in Wedding Crashers. Either way, it was great, that meatloaf alone has brought up my rating of this place from poor to average.

The service however was terrible. We changed tables (and server's) at the start and to be honest I feel that was a mistake. Our first server was slow, but at least she was friendly. When we were moved we thought we might have been moved to a buffet section, serving ourselves would have been much faster. I'd understand if the place were full, or even busy at all, sadly it wasn't either of those things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't tipping a reward (of sorts) for good service? I don't get good service, you don't get a good tip, right? At the end of the meal, after the terrible service we got, we still gave a 15%+ tip and this guy looked at it and snorted, like it wasn't good enough. INFURIATING.

Food is great. Service, no so much.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The pretzel fondue was great (although cheese could have been a lil warmer). Burger was awesome, one with bbq sauce and bacon (can't remember the name)--anyway nice place for lunch and then hanging out at the hard rock casino--fun!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

YUM YUM YUM, there is nothing that I can fault this place with. Very cool atmosphere. MUST do the pretzel balls and homemade chips. Fried Chicken is the best I have EVER had, and you need the monkey bread in your life. Its unreal. Its not too noisy but perhaps not great for older people. This is a place I frequent but took my mom there and she was not as impressed. Fun for groups, couples, whatever. Fri/Sat they have live music which is fun. This location also opens up to the pool outside, beautiful.