“Disappointed, you don't see much at all and stand out in 108 degree heat”

Zappos Tour Experience
Ranked #112 of 240 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the wonderful world of Zappos company culture and let one of our fun Culture Guides take you on a 90 minute journey through our fabulous new headquarters in downtown Fremont! Learn about the Zappos Family, our history, our 10 core values, how we create the "WOW" experience for our customers, and even meet a few of our amazing Zapponians! Tour times are: Monday - Thursday at 9am, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. Friday: 11am & 1pm only. We recommend you sign up to reserve your spot as we are not able to accommodate walk-in requests. Reservations are processed through the web link on this page. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I was pretty disappointed in this tour. We get there and our guide, Tony, shows us 2 videos about the history of the company and the founder. We then we go outside in 108 degree heat to hear about the company's rotunda area which could have been discussed inside as we had a clear view outside to rotunda. We then start to walk to the cafeteria, but again our tour guide stops along the way in the 108 degree heat to tell us things we could have been told inside and kept an eye out for as we walked. My throat was burning from the heat as we entered the building. We did stop for a drink and the cafe was OK, but nothing tremendously amazing. We then went back out in heat, walked into another building and saw a mock-up of what cube area looks like and some empty space that supposedly is used for group meetings. It was pretty disappointing that we didn't see any workers in action, in a conf room, no viewing area of call center. It just seemed to be hyped to be more than it really was.

1  Thank MurphymomChicago
Management response:Responded 5 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I will definitely take this feedback to the rest of the team so we can better the tour experience for our future guests. Do know that we'll be adding more surprises to the tour experience and perhaps you'll give us another visit! Thanks!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

As a big fan of Zappos.com as soon as I found out about the HQ tour I had to go! The best $10 you can spend in Vegas. It's right near Downtown Vegas/Freemont area so if you plan to go there, add this to your trip. A "Zapponian" tour guide is assigned to small groups. All tour guides seemed great but my sister and I definitely got THE BEST, Ryo! Team Maestro. He was very informative about the company culture, the philosophy of CEO Tony Hsieh and the importance of customer service. You take a tour the the actual workplace of employees so it's an authentic experience, not a created environment for tourists only. Super fun and informative and makes you want to move to Vegas to work for the company!

Management response:Responded 3 June 2017

Happy & excited you enjoyed a tour of our Zappos HQ! Perhaps we will find you back again and see what new shenanigans we Zapponians will get into! Follow our culture @zapposculture and have a Zaptastic day! -The Tours Team *RZ

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Did not know about this tour of the Zappos history and facility. My sister had told us about Zappos and how the CEO Tony Hsiah was trying to re-vitalize downtown Las Vegas. My husband researched about Zappos, found out that there was a Zappos facility tour and signed us up.Cost was $10 per person and it was worth every penny...and more. First off, our tour guide Ryo was excellent. Full of energy, funny, informative and so personal (involving each and every one of us) already made it worth going. The information about Zappos...Mr. Hsiah's philosophy (culture) for the company, the history of the company, how it has evolved into an even bigger company (but still strongly with the same goals and "culture") and its giving back to its communities and its employees...is eye-opening and so refreshing. I am going to try and instill this culture personally for myself as well as see how I can do this in my workplace. You just got to go and see for yourself...a very cheap cost tour for a wealth of refreshing information. Makes you feel good!!

Management response:Responded 22 May 2017

Mahalo Nui Loa for visiting the Zappos HQ, so happy you enjoyed the experience! Come back again and see what new shenanigans we Zapponians will get into! Au Hui Hou!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We weren't quite sure what to expect but thought it had to be something different when a company is opening its doors to visitors. Having purchased from their website, we wondered what we'd be seeing when we realized this wasn't a tour of their order fulfillment operation but what we walked away with was a great appreciation for how unique Zappos is along with some envy that we never experienced such a welcoming corporate culture while toiling away in corporate America for a large worldwide company. Ryo was our guide and he provided a great introduction to what makes Zappos so different. He is passionate, outgoing, funny and so well suited to conducting tours! I'd highly recommend the 90 minute tour to anyone as it was time well spent.

Management response:Responded 22 May 2017

We love when our amazing customers come and visit our Zappos HQ and witness our unique company culture in person! Thank you for making our Tour part of your visit to downtown Las Vegas!

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Very enjoyable tour experience. I enjoyed seeing a work place where every one seems to enjoy coming to work. Our tour guide was Jacqui and she was super. A great Zapponian representative. The tour was informative and enjoyable. We had the free shuttle from our hotel on the strip so it was super convenient.
I want to work at Zappos!

Management response:Responded 22 May 2017

Happy you enjoyed your tour! It seems that Jacqui, aka "The Culture Dancer", really gave that Zappos "WOW" experience, we will make sure to send her some Zollars! Thank you for visiting!