“The people make the property”

Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South
Ranked #118 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I travel a lot and do not usually stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Nick, and the staff at this property have changed my mind. The staff was amazing from check in, to suggestions for food, even the breakfast staff always had a smile on their face. I will look at more Holiday Inn Express properties in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
GeneralManager45963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Las Vegas. I apologize for the delay in response to your posting. Myself and my staff appreciated any comments posted to our guest stay with us and expecially when we here wonderful comments in regards to our staff. Thank you and we hope to see you agin soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

We booked this rather late at nite, traveling home from California. It was a great find! Check in was fast and pleasant. Room was comfortable and modern. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was wonderful. It was nice to have a breakfast room with enough tables to accommodate all the people coming in to eat. There were several hot items on the menu (biscuits & gravy & make it yourself pancakes) along with a great selection of other breakfast items.

The next morning I opened the curtains and airplanes were flying low right past our window. But we did not hear any during the night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Our family of 5 stayed for 2 nights from New Years Eve and the hotel was full, with the exception of the checkin process the service in the hotel was poor.
The 2 doubles were made on the initial night but the pull out was not made up, we phoned to have someone do it, and it was basically do it yourself, the room was not serviced the next day.
The shuttle did not work on new years eve because the strip was closed off, a drop off to near Manadaly would have been handy. A Long walk. Location pretty good if you do not want to stay on the strip. Breakfast OK but mobbed and had to wait for some items. WOuld not stay again.

1  Thank PedroNastro
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Having stayed in several Holiday Inn's and Holiday Inn Express' across the USA, and having nothing but good experiences, I have to say that this one was a disappointment. The standard of the room was very good, and most of the reception staff were helpful and friendly, but a few events could have been handled by the staff a lot better. This is one Holiday Inn Express where your Priority Club membership gets you nowhere!

My husband, son and I stayed here from 29 December 2011 to 1 January 2012. Our room was made up on the first morning (30 December), and that was the last time any housekeeping staff entered our room! Each day I went to reception to see if it could be cleaned and made up, but I was told that a lot of cleaning staff take holidays over New Year, so the answer was no! I had to practically beg for clean towels and some toilet paper! One lady at reception was downright rude, and when I asked if there was another manager I could speak to, I was told that she was the manager on duty!

The complimentary breakfasts are very basic, however usually very nice and satisfying. At this hotel, on each morning, I had to ask when some more food would be served, as there was never any available. Each morning, not one of the breakfast staff could speak English! The average wait for food was 20 to 25 minutes! Not good enough in my opinion.

With the free shuttle service to and from the Strip, it's a great location, and very quiet, but management needs to seriously look at the above problems. I don't care if it was New Year!!! I was paying a premium for that time of the year, and I expect the basic services from their staff.

Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: If staying at this hotel during a holiday period, check first that your rooms will be cleaned and ma...
2  Thank Leelee63
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 children aged 12 and 15 years) had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Las Vegas South on Polaris Avenue in December 2011 and found it to be a great stay for our holiday in Las Vegas.

On one of the days we were there, we had booked ourselves a full day trip to the Grand Canyon and had to leave at about 6.15 am. The breakfasts at the Holiday Inn Express’ are always wonderful but it doesn’t start that early, and so we asked a Manager at the hotel if we could take-away our breakfast (even before they officially open) and in typical Holiday Inn Express spirit, the hotel were kind enough to oblige which helped us a lot as we just needed a bit of a bite to eat – especially the children – before hopping onto the bus our day long trip!

In terms of the hotel’s location, the Holiday Inn Express at Las Vegas South was just off The Strip which was just nice for our family as we didn’t really want to be too close to the lights and noise emitting from The Strip itself. The convenient free shuttle service from the hotel leaving every half hour and every hour-on-the-hour basis from the hotel to different points on the Las Vegas Strip was a great plus. That allowed us to have our own free time and then hop back to the hotel anytime we liked. It took us just 5 minutes by shuttle to the nearest drop off point at The Strip and that saved us quite a bit in terms of transport to and fro.

The Holiday Inn Express at Las Vegas South is just right if you want to be just a bit away from The Strip itself but not too far away. I’d recommend the Holiday Inn Express at Las Vegas South if you’re going with a family and children in tow – it’s a cozy hotel with friendly staff and that’s just want anyone would want for their holidays!