“Excellent”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I won't bore you with a 3 page dissertation but if you are a fine diner and not cheap this is an excellent meal executed by a very talented staff. Foie gras heavy as stated before and we hit it right at the end of truffle season. You don't have to like everything to enjoy this meal, but leave your prejudices at the door and give everything a taste. I'm off the booze at the minute but my partner had the Spanish wine flight and it was wonderful. The sommelier was very good, and his peer(?) who was also working that night, while young, was very well versed in his field. Eat here once in your life.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

A lot of people have photos of this spot on their social media and review sites. And I'll be honest. Some of it doesn't look very good. Green, slimy stuff that I imaged would taste like the veggies I used to feed to the dog under the table when I was a kid. But, when you're paying this kind of dough for a meal, you pretty much figure you'll try the slimy stuff and pray you like it. You can't really live on foie gras, so I highly doubt I'd go back anytime soon, but this really is a remarkable culinary experience. We also did the cheaper of the wine pairing which I'd recommend. One misstep on my part was to also order a cocktail before we went in for dinner (skip doing that if you're having the wine pairing), and you get one of their amazing gin and tonics at the end of the meal. This dining experience is nothing short of an art installation live and in person. You are doted on from the second you step in and with only 8 or 9 seats, it's so intimate and feels as special as the price tag would suggest. Cheese that looks like rocks? Yep. Ate that. Slimy green balls? Yes. Ate that too. And would have gone back for more if I could. Want a magical dining experience? This is the spot. Looking to be as full as you'd be at a steakhouse? Then take a pass, but every tiny, handcrafted bite was one I'll remember for a long, long time.

4  Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed 20 February 2018

e' is a restaurant inside a restaurant. A small 9 seat enclave hidden inside Jose Andres' Jaleo at the Cosmopolitan. If you didn't know it was there, nobody would ever find it. It's essentially through the kitchen to a totally different dining room, which has a maximum of 9 seats with counter seating around the food prep area. The decorations are bizarre - said to represent the inside of Andres' mind.

Our family of five had three shows the following three nights and we used the early seating at e' as a form of a fourth show - Food Theater.

The kids loved it - loved the science behind it and two of the three kids tried everything (one ate every single thing). The third tried about 80% of the courses and was a committed diner!

They said he (the 8 year old) was the youngest they've ever had there (hard to believe), but the kids are still talking about how cool and fun that was.

e' is a real treat and I hope you visit - it's the epicenter of molecular gastronomy.

3  Thank LuxeFamilyFun
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I had high expectations given the price point and chef, but they were only exceeded. It was like an awkward first date in the beginning; you’re not sure what to think of the differentness and atmosphere. Give it a minute... and you realize the passion that went into the menu and presentation. The staff are just at the top of their game and you can’t help but start to speak up and ask questions about the presentation. It’s an experience not to be missed!

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

E (pronounced "eh") caters to groups of 8 and takes u on a 21 course journey. Six chefs produced small delights through out the sitting that surprised and astounded ... from fairy floss empanadas to a toasted sandwich not made from bread ... I won't spoil it. The beef cheek melted and the jelly bombs burst. Oh and best crab ever. To have the chefs serving as well was a wonderful way to interact. The paired wines were excellent and pls don't spoil the food by pairing it with margaritas!

1  Thank JJMayburg