2,299 results
All reviews full kitchen off the strip karen avenue one bedroom suite monorail station washer dryer convenience store starbucks coffee jacuzzi tub home away from home time share nice pool quiet hotel sofa bed the north end trade show day pass
Reviewed 18 August 2012

(Hi, I'm Southpaw6's 12-year-old daughter, and I'm going to be writing this review).

I liked this hotel a lot. We rented a one-bedroom suite. It had a kitchenette attached to a living room with a couch-bed, a bedroom with a tub in it (which was sort of odd), and, of course, a bathroom. I liked that the kitchenette came with silverware and plates and stuff you could use. When we checked in wehung out for a while and took advantage of the two TVs (a great feature). We then checked out the pool, where you could rent towels and noodles for free. The pool was just the right depth and just the right temerature. I think the it was my favorite part of the hotel. The Hilton Grand Vacation Suites was conveniently located near Circus Circus, home of the AdventureDome theme park (a great theme park by the way), and a CVS.

Okay, on to the sleeping/hygine conditions. The beds were about average. The cutains were thick and blocked out the light in the morning, so you didn't wake up too early. The bathroom was okay, except the shower wasn't very good. Apparently, the temperature control handle was also the water pressure control handle, so if you wanted decent pressure the water was scalding hot.

Now, the safety/quietness conditions. The safe included in the closet was cool and kept all of our belongings hidden. Quietness? Well, our suite was far away from the elevator and we were on the 16th floor, so it was pretty quiet.

Finally, the staff. Every staff member we talked to was polite and nice. The concierge was helpful when we asked for resaurant suggestion (even though my parents didn't really like the restaurant).

Overall? I'd most definately go back to the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites. So if you want an affordable, comfortable hotel, I'd book a suite/room now.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I just got back from a one week stay at the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites through a RCI timeshare trade. I was originally in room 1106 and woke up to find a medium size cockroach in my bathroom. After contacting the front desk I was allowed to move to a different room (without an apology). While packing up my belongs I discovered a large cockroach in the bedroom closet. I contacted the front desk again to inform them that this might be a bigger issue, that they need to inform management and that they should exterminate before they assign this room to another guest. Again not a sincere apology. I was moved to the 15th floor and didn't see any roaches throughout the remainder of my stay. While I was disappointed to be rooming with roaches I was equally disappointed how the situation was handled and that management didn't follow up with me after the incident. I would have gave it three stars is if was just for the infestation issue but I also found the location to be a hassle and using public transportation became a quite large unexpected additional expense.
With that said, the one bedrooms are large, well maintained and attractive.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank paw0105
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed 1 week in Jan 2012 for business.

Like -
- Quiet and spacious
- Quick access to Convention Center
- Comfortable bed
- Deli downstair was very convenience
- Small pantry was very helpful

Dislike -
- Got connecting room and sound proof was very bad. Could hear TV from next door all the time
- Nothing in walking distance. Always need a car or taxi.
- Charged for receiving courier package, which I supposed other hotel is free of charge.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank thisiskeng
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This is our 2nd stay at a HGVC in Las Vegas. We were so pleased to get this on exchange because of our previous experience with the property next to the Stratosphere on the Strip.

We came in at 2am after a drive in from LA, got checked in within minutes and a bellman appeared instantly to help us with our bags. We were on the 15th floor with a golf course view.

We had a 2 bedroom suite - one room was adjoining. The room was very comfortable for our family of 6. 2 king beds and 2 fold out sofas available. LG TVs with DVD players in the living area and adjoining bedroom. TV in the suite bedroom. Kitchen was small, yet equipped with what you need. Full size fridge with ice maker, stove/oven, microwave, blender, toaster, dishwasher, pot, pan, plates, etc. Bathroom on suite side was spacious with a shower inside the bathroom, jacuzzi between the bathroom and bedroom. Bathroom in adjoining room was small. Regular tub and shower in there.

Parking was free, Internet wifi was free.

There's a small store and deli with good hours downstairs. Reasonably priced.

Pool was on the small side but wasn't overcrowded so it was a nice, relaxing place for the kids to take a dip. Closed at 10pm.

The property is located by the Convention Center, next to the LVH hotel, in the back of the Sahara hotel, which is now closed. Not a lot nearby, within walking distance, which was GREAT for us because we were not into crowds, smoke or gaming but it is something to be aware of if you are. We also had a car.

All in all, another great experience at this HGVC property in Las Vegas. They also purchased the Planet Hollywood property right in the middle of the strip so that is another we'll hopefully try for on the next visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MP526
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I love this hotel in Vegas. No casino! Not on the strip! Yeah! It's quiet and the suite rooms have everything. If you're going to Vegas for business or for other than gambling/partying, this is a great option. Best if you have a rental car to get around, although it is on the monorail. The pool is small, but nicely appointed with an outdoor bar. The hotel has no restaurant so you either have to eat out or can prepare your own dinner in the kitchenette which is fully furnished. The Albertson's supermarket is nearby.

The key: Get one of the upgraded suites with a huge hot tub in it. Divine. Huge bathroom. Good internet speeds.

If you want to party and walk up and down the strip, this is not the hotel for you. No room service either.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business