2,300 results
All reviews full kitchen off the strip karen avenue one bedroom suite monorail station washer dryer convenience store starbucks coffee jacuzzi tub home away from home time share nice pool quiet hotel sofa bed the north end trade show day pass
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We have used our time share for trades for about 35 years and the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites in Las Vegas has been one of the best we have encountered. We were in Las Vegas with our 22 year old son and we thought that the location was perfect. Close to but not on the Strip, right next door to the LVH hotel (formerly the Las Vegas Hilton), free and convenient parking all made for a great stay. The rooms were large and the living room, kitchen area was well appointed. Everything was clean and the front desk staff was first rate. Highly recommended.
PS a good spot if you are attending a convention at the LV Convention Center two blocks away.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank hineconsult
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Each year when I go to a convention which is held in the Las Vegas Convention Center, i stay at the HGVC which used to be adjacent to the Las Vegas Hilton but is now called the LVH or Las Vegas Hotel, since Hilton dropped it's brand. It is not elegant but is certainly convenient for getting into and out of the Convention Center. You just have to walk thru the lobby and into the Hall without having to take bus, taxi or Monorail. At night when getting to the strip hotels for parties it's always easy to get cabs. When I arrived at 4:00 the rooms on the high floors were still not cleaned so I had to wait an hour and 1/2 but got a big one BR suite with a jacuzzi tub. The rooms had been redone but are still comparable to a class b apartment. The kitchen is nice to have and the suite is spacious but it is not very elegant. This is a place about ease of getting into the Convention Center, not a place to stay if you're looking for the Las Vegas glitz.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Palman13
Reviewed 20 May 2012

First of all, I am a Diamond member with Hilton, so whenever I travel, Hilton properties is always my first choice. Since I was attending the National Association of Broadcaster's show (NAB), I decided this hotel would be perfect because of its location.

It was a just a short walk to the convention center, which was great. Loved the location.

Whenever I come to Las Vegas, I choose one of the Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs (HGVC) for one reason - THERE IS NO CASINO. I usually attend some trade show for work in one of the big hotels, so I spend 5-9 hours in and out of the casinos - the last thing I want to do when I am on my own time is spend more time in a casino for relaxation. The HGVC are amazing - usually.

This hotel seemed to struggle with customer service as well as "planning" - NAB brought in over 100,000 people for the show and this HGCV decided it would do renovations/repairs during the show. One of the things that really irritated me was they turned off the water in the entire hotel (except for certain areas) from 10am - 3pm every day. Because of my schedule, I didn't have to be at the show until Noon, so I worked out at 9am and tried to take a shower by the time I returned to my room. NO WATER...I had to go downstairs and use some public area to take my shower. Felt like I was staying in a hostel - not a Hilton. Worst part was the staff was not apologetic, instead they told me that I should have known because they gave me something upon check-in (which they did not). Very frustrating.

The bell staff is also a bit of a problem - very hard to find this team to help you getting a cab, luggage or simple questions. I guess they were working out some details for the post renovation, but you still need to take care of the guests who are there today.

**ON A POSITIVE NOTE**

HOWEVER - I will say that the rooms are fantastic - beautifully decorated and very comfortable. They really do a great job with these properties.

The fitness center, while small, is well equipped and nicely located on the first floor.

When you go, do yourself a favor and get the 1 room suite - it gives you a full sized kitchen. I like it because I would rather cook for myself than eat out. You can buy healthier options at the marketplace located on the first floor (although, I think they need to expand the options at this particular one), grab a bottle of wine and enjoy some comforts of home while "on the road" in your suite.

Housekeeping staff are lovely - very, very sweet and in my opinion were excellent in every regard.

I would stay here again - but I would call first to see if they are going through any renovations. My rating is based on the lack of communication upon check-in, the desk staff and the issue with the water shut off.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the golf course - I liked that view versus the strip views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank David C
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience for having the water shut down during your stay with us. Please know that this is not normal practice for Hilton, and that no time or day is really ever a good time to complete projects that involve shutting down the water. I would like to upgrade you from a studio to our one bedroom on your next visit with us, please contact me once you have booked the reservation so I can make sure that everything is perfect on your next stay with us in Las Vegas.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director
jdupont@hgvc.com

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We were a bit worried about how far this was from the 'action'. No worries with the monorail. We got three day passes. Great value. Pool was not as busy as other HGVC in the area. Pool was cloudy some days but the weather was so warm it must be hard to maintain. Coffee shop good for snacks and breakfast. Starbucks was a bonus:). Staff very nice and helpful. Did not do a sales meeting, just bought more in Jan:)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Another family member had reservations here, so we stayed also, without doing any prior research on TripAdvisor (not usually a good idea to skip that step . . . ) But we were very pleasantly surprised. We arrived at 4 pm, the start of check-in time, on the Friday of a holiday weekend. To say it was crowded in the lobby would be an understatement. Check-in was handled at small, crowded tables because the new reception area was still under construction. Kari handled the situation with grace and humor; she got us checked-in quickly and was friendly and personable, making us feel welcome.

We had a one-bedroom suite and it was a WOW. Full kitchen; large bathroom with shower; separate spa tub adjacent to the bedroom; spacious closet with floor safe; super comfortable king-size bed, black-out drapes, nice television and plenty of space to move around in the bedroom. The living room/dining room was large and comfortable, with plenty of seating for our 3 generation family to gather. Our room on the 15th floor was quiet; we occasionally heard a door slam in the hallway but that was the only noise we experienced.

My only concern with our stay was with the cleanliness of the carpets. Everything else was sparkling clean and at first the carpets appeared that way too. BUT we had a one-year old visitor whose bare feet and knees became black within a few minutes of crawling/walking on the living room carpet. It was truly disgusting (and embarrassing). I know hotel/condo units get a lot of foot traffic and vacuuming can only remove so much dirt. An occasional deep-cleaning of the carpet would be nice.

Otherwise, our stay was wonderful. The hotel is close to Downtown, fairly close to Circus Circus at the far end of the Strip. The entire complex was sold out the weekend we were there (Cinco de Mayo) and for the entire week before that, so make reservations early if you want a room. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family