2,289 results
All reviewsfull kitchenoff the stripkaren avenueone bedroom suitemonorail stationwasher dryerconvenience storestarbucks coffeejacuzzi tubhome away from hometime sharenice poolquiet hotelsofa bedthe north endtrade showday pass
Reviewed 31 December 2007

Our friends who have timeshare through the Hilton chain let us stay here for a night while we were in Vegas and it turned out to be not that bad. There was a nice kitchen area with all the necessities, which was useful. The jacuzzi tub was large and the shower area was clean. The bed and bedroom area in general were spacious and pretty comfy. The Sahara was within walking distance. The hotel provides a coupon book for various things like breakfast coupons, meals, etc. They serve Starbucks in the cafe downstairs. There was also a pull-out sofa in the living room if needed. The room service was friendly and housekeeping was efficient. Overall, our stay there was nice with no problems! Hope this helps!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank SassyGRL
Reviewed 6 December 2007

I needed to use a timeshare week and wanted to attend a sporting event at the LV Convention Center, so I chose this HGV location. The check in was quick and friendly.

My two bedroom suite was clean and roomy. I appreciated the numerous electrical outlets to hookup my electronic toys. My suite overlooked the pool and the front of the hotel. The view across Paradise Road was of the other HGV on Las Vegas Blvd, the Riviera, and the Stratosphere. Although there is condo construction across Paradise Road, there was no noise pollution. Traveling eastward along Karen, I found at the next main street - Maryland Parkway - two 24 hour supermarkets - Albertsons and Vons(Safeway). The Vons, even, had a gas station, where I filled up twice for $3.01 a gallon! :)

I had problems with a dead battery in the in-room safe and a backed up toilet. Both problems were fixed quickly. Each bedroom and the living room had separate heating/air conditioning system, which was a nice touch. The hotel tower shades the pool area in the morning, making an early morning swim more a polar bear experience! Patio area heaters would have made the area more useable.

It turned out to be a very long walk between the HGV hotel through the LV Hilton to the LV convention center, particularly on a cold, rainy day. I ended driving most of the time - hehe.

Check out was also quick with no lines.

The quiet, non smoking aspects of HGV was a nice retreat from the noise and smoke of the big casinos. The only negative is the lack of fans in the bathrooms. Bring a can of air freshner!

I would recommend this location to my friends and family. Because of Hilton policy, I can not exchange for this location for the next two years.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank btowndude
Reviewed 25 November 2007

I had not plannned to visit Las Vegas at this time of year, but lucked up catching a Delta Airlines special, $139.30 R/T from ATL, so I had to go!

Since I hadn't been budgeting for a trip, I had to look for bargains. I found a good deal for the Saturday arrival at the Las Vegas Hilton, and saw that for about $25 more for the next two nights, I could move to the HGVLV. I really liked the idea of a kitchenette since I'm usually carrying a to-go box back to my room after dinners out on any vacation. With no microwave, well - whaddaya gonna do with it?! :>)

Check-in was super. Right away, the Host/Concierge/Manager Robert took interest in making me feel special and welcome. I was given a wonderful 15th floor King Studio overlooking a golf course and facing toward the mountains and sunrise, which I loved. The bed was wonderful, and the kitchenette was just the thing for me to fix myself a drink or snack, or re-heat my to-go goodies, without having to dress and go downstairs or somewhere else, (although I did my share of that as well!)

I had a rental car and bought myself some groceries and liquor at the Smith's grocery store off North Rancho. By signing up for the shopper card I saved $27 from my final total of $122 which included an apple pie (breakfast slice!) fruits, nuts, Brie, crackers, chips, a bottle of Stoly Citrus vodka which was on sale for $11 (!), a bottle of Ecco Dominici Pinot Grigio wine and this neat bottle opener/stopper gadget, a bottle of Jose Cuevero ready mixed Margueritas, Mr. & Mrs. T Bloody Mary mix, bottles of water, some makeup and a few souveniers as well. I actually brought a lot of this back home with me, (no liquor, but the other things I could pack) so my budget trip went very well. Even though I drank only about a third of the Stoly, for $11 it was definitely cheaper than buying drinks one by one somewhere out. Plus, I had my wonderful view to enjoy while sipping and enjoying my spur-of-the-moment R&R.

The room already had a complement of Starbucks coffee pods for the coffeemaker, although I did make a run to the deli/grocery downstairs the next morning for more sugar and Half-N-Half.

That morning I went to the pool downstairs. Even though it was November 19th, they were saying on the TV News that this near-record warmth was due to change on Tuesday, which would be the day I was leaving. The pool was heated, anyway. So I certainly enjoyed a November morning in the sun by the pool.

I really liked the hotel toiletries. The lotion smelled wonderful. There was also a ironing board/iron, room safe and hairdryer, for those who need these items. In the morning, as a HHonors member, a USA Today hung on my doorknob outside. My room was quiet enough; I did hear muffled voices a few times from the neighbors, nothing irritating, just enough to know I wasn't totally alone up there.

The room attendants were so friendly and accommodating. Any request I made was immediately and graciously handled.

I thought I had lost my prescription sunglasses. The day I went to check out, I moved my rental car from the HGVLV parking lot around to the front to load my luggage. When I went around to unlock the trunk, there sat my sunglasses on the back of the trunk! Only in Vegas!

Great rate, great room, great experience. I hated to leave, and I hope to be back ASAP!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
7  Thank annsplans
Reviewed 16 November 2007

We agree that the hotel was great, suprisingly so given some of the reviews.

We also had a suite (upgrade -- not sure why) and the two rooms were more than needed and fabulous. The key was how quiet it was. The room, the lobby, the deli, etc. No waiting in line to check in, no worries getting a bell service to check our bags when we left, no worries getting a taxi.

A couple things to be aware:
1) The deli closes at 10:00 and there no room service.
2) It is an easy walk (probably 500 ft?) on a small sidewalk past the parking garage to the hilton for restraurants, gambling and the monorail.
3) Don't take the trolley from the Hilton -- it is slow. Take the monorail.
4) Tell your taxi driver from the airport to go not take the freeway. It is an easy shot using the back roads to the hotel. Our cab ride was $40 from the airport and less than $20 back.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank audigal
Reviewed 5 November 2007

We had a king studio, spacious for the two of us. This property is very clean. Comfortable bed, good water pressure in the shower, double sinks in bathroom, flat screen TV in the living room (normal TV in bedroom). The air conditioning worked great and was silent. We heard no noise from the hallway or neighbors. No complaints about this place, everything worked. The location is definitely not central - 5 minute walk to the Hilton to catch the monorail, but that did not bother us. We usually stay at the Westin Causarina, but we booked this one with Hilton Honors points and were not disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple