“Perfect Location and a Nice Change of Pace”

Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo
Ranked #24 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We booked a one bedroom suite and requested the South tower because of the construction on the Linq project going on next door. We were very pleased with Room 356 which was right next to the elevators. The suite was well appointed with a full kitchen and washer/dryer as well as two large flat screen TVs and a DVD player. The room was very spacious and had tons of storage space - two full closets, two full vanities and two full sets of drawers! It also included a Jacuzzi tub! The furnishings were nice and the bed was very comfortable. The views were of the foliage around the pools.

The only noise we suffered was the music from the Flamingo pool but only during the afternoon and early evening so it wasn't an issue. The only reason the nearby construction intruded on our stay at all was because of having to pass through the construction zone somewhat going and coming to the property. We were pretty much surrounded by it.

We did not take advantage of the tiny deli or convenience store available on site. Free WiFi was included with the room and it worked well.

We were surprised to be offered free valet parking (available for $10 per day) because we have disabled plates. That was a nice surprise that we took advantage of and they were always prompt in bringing our car around. Free self parking is available and the garage is convenient but it was getting very full on the weekend.

The property has easy access to the Flamingo, the monorail stop and to the Strip which makes it an ideal location. It was nice to be so close to a casino and its amenities and yet be able to relax in our calm, quiet suite.

We joked that we were closer to the front desk at the Flamingo than we were to the front desk at our own property, being at the very end of the South tower as we were. That location had its advantages, especially when we were headed into the Flamingo but the long, long walk down the hallway to the lobby of HGVC was somewhat daunting at times.

Most of the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Several folks went out of their way to make sure our stay was pleasant.

My biggest negative about our stay was how long it took to get a taxi each evening. I think it is due to the construction but the poor bellman had to run down the street to try to get a cab to come to the hotel - each and every time. I don't know what they can do to solve this problem but it was a bit of an annoyance when we had reservations for dinner. Still, that really was my biggest complaint and it certainly wasn’t a deal breaker.

We enjoyed our stay and will plan to stay there again. Having a kitchen sure makes it easier to bring home leftovers from all the great restaurants in town! Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo is a hidden gem.

Room Tip: Request a South Tower room during the construction.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank QOE
Write a ReviewReviews (1,879)

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Great location in the middle of the strip right behind the Flamingo. Great for families you get the use of the Hilton pool and 3 at the Flamingo (2 kid and one for 21 and over only.) Big suite style rooms and small enough to feel nice, not like the ginormous places on the strip. Free parking and internet available. Close to the action but far enough away to be able to enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank jlabsher
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We are an owner of Hilton Grand Vacation Club in San Diego. We decided to trade our points to come to Hilton Grand Vacation at Flamingo. It hurts my pride as an owner to write something unpleasant about Hilton property. But I feel that it needs to be done so you be the judge. Enclosed pictures are the view right outside our living room and bed room. To make the matter worse on the first night we checked in; I turned on the shower and waited for the water to warm up. I noticed the water was risen on the shower floor; I shut off the water and it took awhile for the water to drain. I wondered to myself how could this not be noticed by the housekeeper. The next day I called down to the front desk asking to speak to the property manager. She called me back about an hour later; identified herself as the property director. Here is her comments to me:"I understand that you are not happy with the view of your room. We assigned this roo364 days a year without any complaints. The equipments have to be installed somewhere and they have been there for 17 years and again no one ever complaints. In regard to the brockage the reason the housekeeper did not notice it because the only have a limited amount of time to clean a room. They wiped down the wall and rinsed off with a limited amount of water. They cannot effort to let the water run." With this type of answer I only can thanks her for calling and hang up. You be the judge should this room with these views be available to any guests. And would you accept the time limitation as an excuse for not rinse thoroughly. If you agree with me please write to Hilton Grand Vacations Club to let them know of your opinion. By the way right next door to this room is an office for human resource; guess what view the have; over look swimming pool.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 227
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank d2s1c2j
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

I believe we spoke regarding your stay and I look forward to you contacting me when you are planning on returning to Las Vegas.
Thanks,

Michael Anderson
Regional Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2012

right in the middle of the strip. stay in the go rooms which are all refurbished and even have a tv in the mirror in the bathroom. if you ever need to stay in this god forsaken town then staying here would do you fine.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank nickcotton1962
Reviewed 24 June 2012

3 of us stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment for 4 nights, I slept on the fold out sofa bed, and it was firm, but comfortable, you would have no problems sleeping 2 on this bed (no rolling into the middle). The rooms were clean and we didn't notice any construction noise from next door, although you wouldn't hear it over the Flamingo pool music in the daytime anyway! It was great being able to use the Flamingo pool and the Hilton pool, as sometimes it was impossible to get a chair at the Flamingo pool. I like walking, so the short walk to the strip was no problem.
I like having a kitchen when I'm away, so I can make my coffee and breakfast if I want to, and sometimes I just get sick of eating out, so the kitchen was great. It was also great having a washer and dryer. I would definitely stay here again.
We were told if we were interested in timeshare they would give us more information, we were never asked again.

Room Tip: We were on the North side, it was a bit of a walk to the one elevator, apparently the they were full...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends