2,068 results
All reviews full kitchen hgvc guests washer dryer private pool bedroom suite high roller monorail stop time share ferris wheel easy access convenience store hear the music jacuzzi tub parking garage north tower off the strip coffee maker
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the HGVC at the Flmingo for a week in early May and would echo the sentiments of many of the previous reviews. It is a beautiful property, with well appointed rooms and suites, superbly located with easy access to the strip. Yes, there is some construction noise if you are out by the pool but how much it bothers you will depend on how sensitive you are to noise and what phase the construction is in. The outstanding thing about this property was the wonderful staff. At the reception desk Gina graciously helped us with a room located in the south tower away from the construction noise. She also recommended valet parking as I was recovering from a recent illness which at $10.00 a day is a bargain. Your car is ready upon demand and you are greeted by the smiling face of Marcel or the evening valet (whose name I have forgotten). In general all of the staff went out of their way to accomodate our every need and make this vacation a wonderful experience for us. We would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor on the south side where you won't hear any construction noise.
2  Thank gadaboutgrannie
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Every year I head to Las Vegas for the security show and this year was no different. Again I booked the Flamingo because I own a timeshare with Hilton but also because it is so easy and nice. Although I travel alone, it would be a great place to bring the family as well. No casino or other distractions inside. Just the friendly staff and the nice hotel rooms. Actually hotel suites. I had a 1 bedroom this year. A studio last year. All were well kept and nice.

The best thing is that when you get to the hotel at night after a long day and night of meetings and meals, it is nice to be somewhere that you know is meant for sleeping. There is no casino, late night bar or restaurant, etc. Vegas is filled with that. Also, if you bring the family, you don't want the bums, players and ladies of the night filtering past you as you head to the room. Not many places that have that.

The beds are comfortable. I get a king usually. The place is quiet as I said. You don't get party animals here. Even if you do, they are not partying here because there is nothing here to party with or for. That's a good thing in a crazy city where partying is a sport played by most. For me, I want to go to sleep in my room. Maybe watch some TV. Work on my computer with the free Internet. And shave and sower for the next day.

Another little nicety is that when I came to the hotel each night, I needed water. The little pantry was closed so I simply asked the front desk woman for water and she obliged with a couple of free bottles.

The only down side of this place is the parking although that part is on the way to be fixed. It's a little bit of a walk to the parking garage. Plus the parking garage is part of the original Flamingo which is frankly a bit of a dump. The Flamingo is not a part of the HGVC. It's just next door and you share the garage. It could be scary for many if you are alone at night. There is a security guard at the entrance but the place looks ripe for getting demolished. I am sure it was nice in the 70's when they did their last restorations. That's a joke but not far from the truth. Anyways, they are building a new garage. So it should be rectified soon.

Location is near many of the nice hotels and restaurants but not in the crazy heat of the action. Well, I say that because most tourists think that the best Vegas restaurants are at the best hotels. I recommend getting away from the major players in the strip if you want a real restaurant that gives you great food without the ridiculous bill at the end. There are plenty of choices. You can use TripAdvisor, Yelp or any other guide to assist you there. It may not be the most glamorous meal, but the food will likely be better and you will be able to properly digest it without thinking about the $25 baked potato at the Greek Restaurant in the W.

So to summarize: Great rooms, nice staff, great location

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed good. Avoid the parking garage construction side. I usually don't open the windows so I don't care about the view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Perry M
Reviewed 30 May 2012

4 of us stayed here for a week using a timeshare week I had deposited in RCI. We had a two bedroom lockout. The master suite had a full kitchen with table. The lockout had a small kitchenette. We did not use the jacuzzi in the master bedroom, but it was nice that it was there. The heat in the lockout room was not functioning properly when we got there, but they came and fixed it minutes after we called to let them know. I was very pleased with the accommodations. Comfy king-sized beds in both rooms. The view we had was of the pool and the back of the Flamingo. I loved the location. We could walk to most of the best casinos.
My one complaint and it is a big one, is the horrible conditions if you want to park your car yourself. To get to the garage elevator from the Hilton you have to take your life in your hands while crossing the taxi entrance for the Flamingo. There is no marked crosswalk to the elevator and I found it very dangerous. The elevators were not working properly although they were trying to fix them when we were there. If you want to pay a hefty price, you can get valet parking, but it was not in my budget to waste money like that.
It is really too bad that they didn't consider parking to be an important part of the Hilton experience..

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the strip. You cannot see the strip directly, but the view of the back of the Flamingo and the pools with trees is lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy S
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback and ways of improving our property. Hilton Vacation Club leases the 134 spots from Caesars Entertainment (Flamingo Hotel). Although valet was not in your budget, we do offer complimentary parking on floors 4 and 5 that are designated with FHRC signage for our hotel guests. I will definitely share your feedback with the Flamingo Hotel team and make sure that the crosswalk gets painted again. Thank you again and we look forward to you visiting us again.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed May 15 for 4 nights in a spacious one bedroom suite. Perfect location in center strip. But beware of major construction directly adjacent to property. Starts early in morning. Noisy if you are relaxing at pool. Stops at 4:30. Otherwise, it's one of the best of the HGVC properties.

Room Tip: High floors have some nice strip views.
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Many people highlight the quiet aspect, which is a nice change in Las Vegas. It's a 6-7 minute walk to the Strip through the Flamingo, but the quiet pool is a welcome change from the madness of some Las Vegas hotel pools.

The deli in the hotel is great for sandwiches, but a bit pricey (it's a hotel store after all).

I quite liked it here, but I wasn't blown away. The rooms are nice as is the pool but nothing spectacular. The staff were very helpful.

There is some construction noise now from the Ceasar's Linq project which makes the pool loud, but I actually didn't find it bad and after a while you don't really notice it. If you're looking for a quiet location close to the action, but not in the middle, this spot works.

There are a few drawbacks though---

1. Signage

The signs from the parking garage to the check in are horrible. This hotel has it's own check in and building so don't get fooled by the signs and end up at the Flamingo Check in (it's a long walk back carrying luggage). The easiest way from the parking garage is to go outside and walk across the street. The entrance is marked with a small sign and a path that leads around the fence for the Flamingo pool (it's under the monorail line).

Just follow the path and you'll get there. It's not well lit or well marked if you arrive in the evening so watch for it.

2. You need to be sure to avoid the hard sales pitch from the Welcome Desk. We went to get our welcome package and all we really got was a couple of not-very-useful coupon books and a really hard sell to attend the "information session" on HGVC membership -- aka-- the sales pitch. We had initially accepted but then decided against it. The rep actually called to try and rebook. The offer went from show tickets to VIP show tickets to VIP Show Tickets and a meal. We are already HGVC members (and the show didn't interest us) so we still declined. The pushy nature really didn't sit well with me and was a turn off for sure.