“Advertises military discount but refused to give it”

Tournament of Kings
Ranked #65 of 181 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tournament of Kings is a medieval-themed dinner feast and performance show, great for groups and families. A popular site in Las Vegas, reservations are strongly recommended.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a review for military families. MGM advertises an M-life rewards card that they give to military and veterans, that can be used for discounts on parking, restaurants and shows. I found the information on their website and called to verify the discount (30 percent off), and was told I needed to go in person to Excalibur. There I was supposed to sign up at their rewards counter for my military card, then take it to the Box Office located on the same floor.

We went in person (3 kids in tow), waited in line to get our military card and waited in the second line to purchase tickets. Unfortunately, the ticket agent didn't know anything about a military discount and refused to sell them to us for less than full price. I pulled up the information on my phone, and she called someone else who also said it didn't exist. I asked for a manager. I showed them the pamphlet about the military discount program that I had just signed up for at another booth in the same building, literally a football toss away (but with a long line, so I couldn't grab one of those people to come help me out).

The manager finally came and said, "Oh, this happens all the time. Corporate advertises this, but it's not something we actually do."

I explained that I had called to verify the discount was current before coming in person and been told it was definitely current, and the same manager told me that was just a call center and they didn't know what was going on. (And I'd waited on hold for 10+ minutes there to have them to finally verify it there, too!)

At this frustrating point, believe it or not, my 4 year old suddenly announced she was peeing - all over my hip, where she'd been resting. She'd been holding it through two long lines, and couldn't wait anymore. I ran to find a bathroom, and my husband stayed and tried to figure out our tickets. They finally offered to sell all five tickets at a children's ticket price (so a discount on the 2 adult tickets - no discount on the 3 kids). We took it and left.

To add insult to injury, our waiting in those two lines meant we went one minute over our free hour of parking and also had to pay for that now, too!

The day after the show, we found discount tickets on the strip that were 25 percent off of ALL tickets, which would've been a better price for us overall.

Bottom line - because we are a military family, we paid more, had a very frustrating hour in the casino, and were treated poorly for asking them to honor a price that THEY advertised! You can't advertise yourself as a company that loves and values military families, then not follow through. It soured the whole experience and I couldn't even enjoy the show. Two thumbs down from a military family.

4  Thank abbyeh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,575)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"front row"
in 59 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Dinner and a show! 1. The food: the food is bland and mass produced so keep your expectations in alignment. I wasn't impressed. Water and soda is included, but juices are 5.00 each. In all, I wouldn't come here for the food, you'll be disappointed.
2. The show: it's an interesting storyline that's most if it is pre-recorded. They spend a lot of time trying to involve and keep involved the audience. Overall, it's a family friendly show and entertaining.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

It's ment to be a tournament, but most of the time was spent hyping the crowd and making a big do about little tricks most riders could do (gallop fast and grab a flag). I was expecting more of a show.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The wait staff are fantastic and keep with the mid evil charm. The food was very tasty in spite of being eaten with your hands - but this is part of the fun and charm. I might choose a less earthy potato though - perhaps a yellow skinned instead. The show was fun - not necessarily an equestrian event but fun. The horses are obviously very - no extremely, well trained and the participants in the show play their part flawlessly. It’s a great family event. The actors were very generous and gracious with photo time after the show. A must see - at least once

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to this show a couple of times and have enjoyed it each time. You eat a simple dinner (roasted chicken, broccoli, tomato soup) with your hands (the soup is served in a bowl with a handle), and you’re encouraged to be involved with the show. You clap, stomp your feet, root for “your country “, yell, while actors on horses ride around in an arena in front of you, acting out a bit on the knights of the round table. For Vegas, it’s cheap entertainment and great for families. Don’t expect a fancy meal, because you’ll be disappointed, but I found it edible and filling. My son is 16 and he enjoyed the experience as well. If you’re looking for family fun, I highly recommend it!

2  Thank Melissa H