“Loud, but good”

Hussong’s Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Hussong’s Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 5,377 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: USD 15 - USD 31
Cuisines: Mexican, International, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mandalay Bay Road
Description: Hussong's Cantina & Taqueria opened in 1892 in Ensenada Mexico. Hussong's invented the Margarita in 1941 by bartender Don Carlos Orozco. The name Hussong's has attached itself to chili cook-offs, tee-shirts, bumper stickers, beer, wine and tequila. Laugh and sing along with the rock 'n' roll mariachi bands or enjoy an Original Margarita. Whenever you visit Hussong's you perpetuate the legend.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We like this place. The food is great and well priced considering its location. The place has a live mariachi band and they are loud. Some family members were a bit overwhelmed. If you like good food, sports TV's and loud mariachi bands, this is your place.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A great choice if you are vegan or vegetarian and your palate is craving Mexican. The portions are very generous and the prices are affordable. The food is delicious! What more do you want?

ScottFrost, Owner at Hussong’s Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello, my name is Scott Frost and I am the President of Hussong's Cantina. I want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Please come back and join us again soon!
-Scott Frost

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am giving it a 3 star because wait staff was great and entertainment was amazing. Food sucked violently. I had some kind of shrimp pop corn on slaw. It was repulsive. The slaw' flavor tasted old. I could'nt take a second bite. Poor looking shrimp turned into pop corn were sad and tasteless yet fatty as possible. Ron had a chicken burrito, dry on the inside, soupy on the outside. I wanted to puke. We stuck around because they had an amazing live band! One of the singer's voice is a pure baritone, a rare gem. Our waitress Sarah was wonderful as well

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Best Mexican Food I've ever Had - Best Margarita around!
I consider myself an american mexican food connoisseur... the chips were thick and crispy! Salsa options were amazing, I really wanted to try the guac but didnt because the salsa was sooo good. The margs are the best I've ever had.. whats the special ingredient? The main course was no exception for yumm-iness. Bonus, they can sing :D

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the food here. Grilled corn appetizer was good, chicken enchiladas also good. Service was excellent.

Been to Hussong’s Cantina? Share your experiences!