“A good value on the strip”

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #24 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
North Olmsted, Ohio
“A good value on the strip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Elara Hotel (formerly the PH Towers) in Las Vegas last week (3/28-3/31. I would highly recommend it to anyone. After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit hesitant. However, we were totally satisfied with our stay.

The staff was friendly, courteous and promptly addressed any of our concerns (eg, one day the maid did not leave coffee for the coffee maker. After a call, we had coffee fixings delivered to the room within 15 minutes.) The room was spotlessly clean, and everything was in good repair. We had the smallest "suite", which was still quite roomy. (We booked the room through Priceline for $80. I didn't expect anything larger.) We had a beautiful view from the 39th floor. The location is great, across from the Civic Center, between MGM Grand and Paris and adjacent to the PH parking garage, especially convenient if you have a car. The elevators were incredibly fast and were always available within 30 seconds. The room was quiet. Security was very good; we needed to show our keycard to an attendant before we could board the elevator. Since it was Spring break time, on Friday and Saturday night we were issued a separate card which had our names and confirmed that we were registered guests before boarding the elevator.

We did not use any of the other hotel facilities, but the pool area looked very nice. In sum, I would highly recommend the Elara to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JimPl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,489)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ogden, Utah, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

OK so I am (was) an owner of Westgate, now Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel. These rooms were off the hook cool. I stayed there from April 1 thru April 8 of 2012. Scheduled my Vacation back in September. I own a one bedroom Deluxe for a week every other year. Used it last year and it was fantastic! I would have given it a 4 out of 5. This year is way different! To start off with, we get to our room on the 39th floor, and I notice right away that our bathroom door leading in to the living room and our bathroom door leading to the master bedroom have loose handles and there are no way to lock them. Informed the front desk right away. Never got fixed. Also our alarm clock was busted, the television in the bathroom did not work, and there was a hole in the carpet. With what I pay for maintenance fees you would think this stuff would be fixed! Then on Tuesday morning we were making plans to hit the pool when our friends called us (they are owners too) to tell us that they got a letter saying that the pool is closed on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for a party they are having on Thursday! Are you kidding me? 1. I got no letter telling me this information. 2. I am an owner. and 3. did they not know this in advance enough that they could have let me know before even came to Vegas? My kids love swimming more than any other part of our vacation. Sure they gave us an alternitave. We could walk through the mall and the casino and use Planet Hollywoods pool, but I am a dang OWNER! I should have the use of MY pool! Also. We use the pull out sofa bed for the kids. There are no linens in the room for that bed so we had to call to get some, then when the maid serviced our room on Wednesday she took all the linens for that bed and did not replace them. I just don't get it! On Friday night the room directly across the hall from me had a bachelor party so there was no chance for a quiet night, and I understand that that stuff comes with the territory, but the stench of smoking that I had to deal with that night and the next morning way disgusting in a no smoking facility. They were smoking in the room, and the hall and the elevator area. They left ashes and snuffed out cig's all over the place. I filled out my comment card that is in the room along with a couple extra sheets of paper and turned it into the front desk like it says to do right on the card, and the girl at the front desk turns to another front desk girl and asks "what am I supposed to do with this"? Wow. So in my comments I requested that this problem be resolved with me. So far nothing!

Room Tip: As far as I can tell with having been there twice. Try to stay on the north side, and avoid Friday...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank Larry S
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear valued guest:
I would love the opportunity to properly research each and every single issue you had with your stay. Please contact me directly at dgeorge@hgvc.com so I can fully research and get a resolution to your problems. We take feedback very seriously from our guests and I would love to have the opportunity to resolve this for you.

Dana George
Director Guest Services
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

What a place and proper value for money. Your right on the strip. Service and staff were lovely and the rooms are incredible. Jucuzzi by the window.

• Stayed April 2012
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Held their VIP opening by blocking off pool, lobby and desk to guests, forcing them to go to rooms and Mile through parkade and alternate elevators with no compensation which gives you an idea of what the organization thinks of paying guests. Almost anywhere on the strip is better

• Stayed April 2012
New Orleans
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

The Hotel is beautiful and the junior suite looked awesome ,What a great view.But then came the problems like I tried to fill the large jetted tub but had to abort for two reasons, no water pressure, and no hot water,it was warm thou.But it did have a shower you could bend over and get under a-bit of water.Then to our surprise on our first day we recieved a letter stating the pool would be closed during our stay for a party ,what?How about some sort of a comp,you are taking away what I payed for, and amenities are a reason I chose this hotel.AS a matter of fact I cancelled the great Signature by MGM Thanks.....Oh and the pillows are like rocks....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple