“Terrible waist of money and time”

Quality Tours of Las Vegas
Ranked #124 of 262 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Tours of Las Vegas are the founders of the Las Vegas to Hollywood Tour, with over 12+ years experience in the Las Vegas tour business. We perfected this tour in our own unique way to be like no other. You get to have lunch with the stars, you get to go shopping with the stars and we drive you around Beverly Hills, VIP style. You get to be a celebrity for the day!!!
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

This is completely awful tour. I wish i read reviews before trip and cancel that on time. In the bus was super COLD , they gave out blankets, but that did not helped much. Make sure to get a coat with you. They pick us up at 6 am and there were 5hr drive in desert and unfortunately you have absolutely no chance to nap, because they playing movies VERY LOUD!! So i ended up watching 2 old movies and when we arrived at LA and the movies was shut down i started to feel tired and sleepy and have to fight that feelings -- was awful.
Food at WB- they gave 12$ voucher which was barely enough for small coffee and plate with few small pieces of meat and rice. I also grab one cookie (with coffee)- and cashier told me that i need to pay extra for that)) very cheap TOUR
Tour itself was not impressive, but the tour guide is not the one to blame. We spent 30 min driving around rich homes- but we happen to see nothing, because all homes were covered with high trees and gates. So it was like driving on small street with trees on both sides, so you cant see through them.
HOLLYWOOD SIGN- you will not be able to see it without a camera zoom. Also you will not be able to make a picture with sign, because it will be invisibly small))) false advertisement.
There were few stop for 5-10 min , but because there are 20 people in the bus, ones you get off and stay in line for photo shot- there is time to get back in bus already. VERY LIMITED TIME.
The tour guide didn't say much about anything, just see left/right and then read the sign on the building. Not interesting/ informative.
I DONT even know what to suggest to make this tour more pleasant, i guess they need to redo the whole thing to make a tour better.
SEE HOLLYWOOD SIGN ZOOMED WITH MY phone on max. You will not be able to fit yourself on that picture with such zoom.

3  Thank iriska347
"other companies"
"take pictures"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

I took this tour last week and was very dissatisfied along with the other people in our tour group. I booked the tour the evening before we were to go so I feel any changes to the iteniary would have been addressed then. It started off with us being told at the first bathroom stop that we weren't going to cheesecake factory. Next , we didn't stop at the California sign as stated in tour descriprion. Our driver was nice but couldn't speak English very well and had no knowledge of the surroundings. We never had any movies or even a radio playing the whole trip. Tour description said guided tour in hollywood on walk of fame. The driver let us off and picked us up a half hour later. We had lunch at warner brothers studio
"Workers cafeteria" where we received a $12 voucher for food that reminded me of a college cafeteria. I got a soda, cheeseburger and fries and the voucher wasn't enough money and I had to pay the difference. I could go on and on but the best thing about the tour was the other people on the tour with me. I don't want a voucher like everyone else is talking about because I would never waste my time with this tour company again.

1  Thank Calvalena G
greg13, Owner at Quality Tours of Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

There is certainly no false advertising to speak of, we apologized to Calvelena for the inconvenience, however the Cheesecake Factory was not able to accommodate our group that day due to overcrowding (it took us by surprise), therefore as an alternative, we provided lunch at the Studio Plaza Cafe inside Warner Bros Studios (not a workers cafeteria) where our guests were able to choose from a variety of food items like: Prime Rib, Roast Beef, Chicken, Seafood, Gourmet Wraps, Sandwiches, Personal Pizzas, Pastas and a Salad Bar. Any one of these entrees are $8.95 and we provided everyone with a $12 voucher. When dining inside Warner Bros Studios, you may even encounter someone famous, since there is a Recording Studio and Movie Sets on the premises. Obviously employees in uniform that work on the premises will be dining there also.

Roberto (the driver) may have a heavy Spanish accident, but he is quite knowledgeable of L.A., as well as courteous and professional. A guided tour of Hollywood is provided while touring in the minibus, the drop off points are right in front of each attraction, therefore guests are free to explore the sites after the tour guide completes his/her narration. Guests are given minimum 1 hour at each main attraction (Warner Bros Studios, Santa Monica Beach and the Hollywood Blvd). Other smaller attractions such as the Mulholland Drive lookout point and Rodeo Drive are only half an hour, since there is not a lot to see there. You can request extra time of 10 to 15 minutes if required, but keep in mind there are only so many hours in a day and there are many attractions to visit.

Lunch at Warner Bros Studios has now become a popular feature. Aside from this review, there's actually been a lot of great feedback. Since the Cheesecake Factory has not been able to accommodate our group tours during the busy summer season, we are continuing to offer this lunch feature from Monday to Friday, however since they are closed on Saturday and Sunday, lunch will be at the Hard Rock Cafe located right at the Hollywood Blvd for the weekend tours. In comparison to what is offered by most of our competitors, this is a far better option than eating a box lunch at a higher rate.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Did the Hollywood tour, half way into the trip, the van had a flat tire, no big deal though, they sent a tire replacement service, replaced the tire, in about an hour and a half, the van was back on the road. Read the bad reviews from those UK people, it's not fair to blame the company, like they never had a flat tire before. It was a good tour, the van was nice, the seats were cozy, and the tour guide was great. A manager came out to the scene to make sure everyone was good. He even tagged alnog for the remainder of the tour. He made a decision to take everyone to Warner Bros restaurant (he wanted to make up for lost time, since the Cheesecake Factory was further away), I've eaten at the Cheesecake factory many times, this was a far better move, it's cool eating inside the movie studio building, the prime rib is excellent. Liz the tour guide is a sweet heart, she's very knowledgeable of Hollywood. Also, the
manager took us places that are not on the regular tour, he brought us so close to the Hollywood Sign, you could almost touch it. He really did his best to make everyone have a good tour, that's why it angers me to read the bad reviews from those UK people, they were together in one group, so why post 2 bad reviews? Not cool people. It was a long day, but well worth the trip, I would definitely recommend the tour to anyone.

5  Thank Frank P
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Good Morning, normally I do not make comments on Trip Advisor, however I was compelled to write a review base on my standpoint pertaining to the tour from Vegas to Hollywood that was mentioned for August 12th. I was a passenger on that tour. There was a delay in travel due to a tire blowout. The tour started out a bit rocky, the tire was replace within two hours, mainly because we had to wait for road service come and do the repairs. We then proceeded to go on the tour in the customized van as I had my captain seat. The driver Liz had a problem finding Warner Brothers since this was her first trip there, however she navigated well enough to arrive at the destination.

We all had a great lunch at Warner Brothers, I had a half of chicken, mash potatoes and some vegetable, I noticed some had salad topped with salmon and some had burgers and soft drinks. The food was DELICIOUS and quite filling. After lunch the manager from Quality Tours joined our group from Las Vegas, his name was Greg. He explained to us that due to the delay we will still have a complete tour, he proceeded to take us to the Hollywood sign. Greg explained to us how tour vehicles were not allowed on the hill anymore where the sign is located, but he took us there and we were up close to make up for the tire incident. I was very happy that was one of the places I really wanted to go for the memories. He then drove us to Hollywood where we had an hour on the Blvd., and the $5.00 store where I made some purchases for my family. He also showed us the walk of fame and the Chinese Theater and after that he drove us by some clubs on the way to Beverly Hills and when we arrived in Beverly Hills Liz wanted to go to the Grey Stone Mansion. When we arrived at the Grey Stone Mansion Liz was full of information about the mansion and she walked us around to show us the landscape at Grey Stone Mansion.

Then Greg took us on a drive pass the home of the stars, we saw quite a few home....Michael Jacksons, Mick Jagger, Kenny Rogers, George Clooney and my favorite redhead (lol) Lucille Ball, after that we went to Beverly Hills park and we were able to get out and walk around Rodeo Drive. We walked Rodeo Drive for 4 blocks to Beverly Wilshire which I took quite a few pictures to add to my collection from my tour of Hollywood. We then boarded the van and was taken to the Santa Monica Beach and was given a hour on the beach. This turned out to the a GREAT tour thanks to Liz and Greg. I would recommend this tour and Quality Tours to all of my family and friend that I know will be in Vegas.

Aliyah Ray

3  Thank aliyah r
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

On Thursday July 23rd, my wife and I were due to go to Hollywood on this tour. Unfortunately the afternoon before I collapsed in pain and got rushed into hospital where I stayed for a couple of days. On the morning of the tour my wife went down to meet the driver at 6.30am to let him know we wouldn't be going because of the circumstances. The driver made a phone call and said not to worry about it, of which my wife presumed that meant we would be ok to get a refund.
We have since tried calling and have also sent 2 emails to them to ask what is happening as the circumstances couldn't be helped, and there has been no response from them at all!!

3  Thank Andy C
greg13, Owner at Quality Tours of Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Andy, the supervisor has sent you an email some time ago with a resolution for you. Please check your spam box. Please note for future reference, at least a phone call is required, as soon as you're aware that you're not able to attend the tour. Having someone come out to the tour vehicle on the morning of the tour is not enough cancelation notice, as we made an unnecessary trip out to your hotel pickup location, plus it causes a delay for other tour guests that are waiting to be picked up. Also, we normally require a minimum 48 hours advance notice so that your seats could be made available to other tour guests who wish to attend the tour. Quality Tours of Las Vegas has a very generous cancelation policy, in comparison with other tour companies.