“Wonderfull Hollywood tour despit flat tire”

Quality Tours of Las Vegas
Ranked #124 of 261 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Tours of Las Vegas are the founders of the Las Vegas to Hollywood Tour, with over 12+ years experience in the Las Vegas tour business. We perfected this tour in our own unique way to be like no other. You get to have lunch with the stars, you get to go shopping with the stars and we drive you around Beverly Hills, VIP style. You get to be a celebrity for the day!!!
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Did the Hollywood tour, half way into the trip, the van had a flat tire, no big deal though, they sent a tire replacement service, replaced the tire, in about an hour and a half, the van was back on the road. Read the bad reviews from those UK people, it's not fair to blame the company, like they never had a flat tire before. It was a good tour, the van was nice, the seats were cozy, and the tour guide was great. A manager came out to the scene to make sure everyone was good. He even tagged alnog for the remainder of the tour. He made a decision to take everyone to Warner Bros restaurant (he wanted to make up for lost time, since the Cheesecake Factory was further away), I've eaten at the Cheesecake factory many times, this was a far better move, it's cool eating inside the movie studio building, the prime rib is excellent. Liz the tour guide is a sweet heart, she's very knowledgeable of Hollywood. Also, the
manager took us places that are not on the regular tour, he brought us so close to the Hollywood Sign, you could almost touch it. He really did his best to make everyone have a good tour, that's why it angers me to read the bad reviews from those UK people, they were together in one group, so why post 2 bad reviews? Not cool people. It was a long day, but well worth the trip, I would definitely recommend the tour to anyone.

5  Thank Frank P
"other companies"
"take pictures"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Good Morning, normally I do not make comments on Trip Advisor, however I was compelled to write a review base on my standpoint pertaining to the tour from Vegas to Hollywood that was mentioned for August 12th. I was a passenger on that tour. There was a delay in travel due to a tire blowout. The tour started out a bit rocky, the tire was replace within two hours, mainly because we had to wait for road service come and do the repairs. We then proceeded to go on the tour in the customized van as I had my captain seat. The driver Liz had a problem finding Warner Brothers since this was her first trip there, however she navigated well enough to arrive at the destination.

We all had a great lunch at Warner Brothers, I had a half of chicken, mash potatoes and some vegetable, I noticed some had salad topped with salmon and some had burgers and soft drinks. The food was DELICIOUS and quite filling. After lunch the manager from Quality Tours joined our group from Las Vegas, his name was Greg. He explained to us that due to the delay we will still have a complete tour, he proceeded to take us to the Hollywood sign. Greg explained to us how tour vehicles were not allowed on the hill anymore where the sign is located, but he took us there and we were up close to make up for the tire incident. I was very happy that was one of the places I really wanted to go for the memories. He then drove us to Hollywood where we had an hour on the Blvd., and the $5.00 store where I made some purchases for my family. He also showed us the walk of fame and the Chinese Theater and after that he drove us by some clubs on the way to Beverly Hills and when we arrived in Beverly Hills Liz wanted to go to the Grey Stone Mansion. When we arrived at the Grey Stone Mansion Liz was full of information about the mansion and she walked us around to show us the landscape at Grey Stone Mansion.

Then Greg took us on a drive pass the home of the stars, we saw quite a few home....Michael Jacksons, Mick Jagger, Kenny Rogers, George Clooney and my favorite redhead (lol) Lucille Ball, after that we went to Beverly Hills park and we were able to get out and walk around Rodeo Drive. We walked Rodeo Drive for 4 blocks to Beverly Wilshire which I took quite a few pictures to add to my collection from my tour of Hollywood. We then boarded the van and was taken to the Santa Monica Beach and was given a hour on the beach. This turned out to the a GREAT tour thanks to Liz and Greg. I would recommend this tour and Quality Tours to all of my family and friend that I know will be in Vegas.

Aliyah Ray

3  Thank aliyah r
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

On Thursday July 23rd, my wife and I were due to go to Hollywood on this tour. Unfortunately the afternoon before I collapsed in pain and got rushed into hospital where I stayed for a couple of days. On the morning of the tour my wife went down to meet the driver at 6.30am to let him know we wouldn't be going because of the circumstances. The driver made a phone call and said not to worry about it, of which my wife presumed that meant we would be ok to get a refund.
We have since tried calling and have also sent 2 emails to them to ask what is happening as the circumstances couldn't be helped, and there has been no response from them at all!!

3  Thank Andy C
greg13, Owner at Quality Tours of Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Andy, the supervisor has sent you an email some time ago with a resolution for you. Please check your spam box. Please note for future reference, at least a phone call is required, as soon as you're aware that you're not able to attend the tour. Having someone come out to the tour vehicle on the morning of the tour is not enough cancelation notice, as we made an unnecessary trip out to your hotel pickup location, plus it causes a delay for other tour guests that are waiting to be picked up. Also, we normally require a minimum 48 hours advance notice so that your seats could be made available to other tour guests who wish to attend the tour. Quality Tours of Las Vegas has a very generous cancelation policy, in comparison with other tour companies.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

Our driver, Liz, constantly talked about her home town of Wisconsin, that no one was interested in. There were five in our party and three other people on the trip. We were all extremely disappointed to not go to the Cheesecake Factory, as advertised, but self-service Warner Brothers restaurant, did not go to any of the stars' homes as advertised, an extremely long day that I would not recommend.

2  Thank Myra1000
greg13, Owner at Quality Tours of Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

We've confirmed that celebrity homes were visited on tour, all vehicle routes are monitored through GPS tracking, it's quite possible that you may have missed that part of the tour, it's a long day and many guests tend to fall asleep during certain parts of the tour. Please note that we don't spend more than 20 to 30 minutes visiting celebrity homes, we only go to the most view-able celebrity mansions, the rest are not worth visiting, since they are covered by tall gates, trees and shrubs. Apologies for the inconvenience regarding Cheesecake Factory, however they were not able to accommodate our group that day due to overcrowding (it took us by surprise), therefore as an alternative, we provided lunch at the Studio Plaza Cafe inside Warner Bros Studios, where our guests were able to choose from a variety of food items like: Prime Rib, Roast Beef, Chicken, Seafood, Gourmet Wraps, Sandwiches, Personal Pizzas, Pastas and a Salad Bar. In the interim, this seems to be the best lunch option for group tours, since you also get to explore and take photos at Warner Bros Studios, where many very famous movies and television shows are filmed.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

This wasn't the VIP tour that we were lead to believe. After a 6 hour journey ( traffic can't be helped I know ) we arrived at Santa Monica pier which was beautiful. An hour later back in the "non luxury" hot bus and off for lunch.
We had pre ordered and the web site said VIP area ... NO!! We were waiting on the pavement in the hot sun for 20 mins while they made room for us and certainly not a VIP area.
A look around Rodeo drive then back to the bus which was once again parked in a back alley as if it shouldn't be there. Off to Hollywood boulevard then a drive around the "stars" homes which were just a series of gates !!. Finally to the famous Hollywood sign. Jose the driver, pulled over at the side of the road and told us to walk up to the viewing area up the hill, the view was awful and you could hardly see the sign but the view of LA was great. We were at the back of the bus and couldn't hear a word Jose said as the DVDs was too loud, he really needs a microphone. Nice man, very keen to please but a very long tiring day

1  Thank Julia S
greg13, Owner at Quality Tours of Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Julia, there's no record with your name that was in attendance of the tour. Are you sure you have the right company? Our New Model Minibuses are fully equipped with Ice Cold Air Conditioning, Individual Reclining Seats, Large DVD Movie Screens with Surround Sound and of course a fully functional microphone. Sometimes passengers will mention they are too cold, while others may not, but regardless, we always encourage our guests to alert the tour guide if they are uncomfortable, since our Minibuses have separate climate controls throughout the cabin. VIP tours are done in luxury SUVs, so if you were on a Minibus, then you likely did not book a VIP tour. With the Minibus tour, we offer 2 views of the Hollywood Sign (Mulholland Drive Overlook and the Highland Center). If you wish to have a close-up view of the Hollywood Sign (right underneath) then you would have to book the VIP SUV tour, since it's the only vehicle that is allowed to go to Lake Hollywood Park. However, just an advisory, the view of Los Angeles from Lake Hollywood Park is not nearly as good as the Minibus view from the Mulholland Drive Overlook, as it is a much higher elevation.