Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
ARIA Sky Suites(Las Vegas)
Rodeway Inn(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)
Jockey Club(Las Vegas)
6,351 results
All reviewsmozen bistrosky lobbyvalet closetcityscape roombath saltsstrip view suitepool cafefour seasonsturn down serviceluxury hotelother hotelspool staffhigh techin room diningsteam roomremote controlsoaking tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2012

As any experienced traveler knows, finding top quality service and personalized attention at a Las Vegas hotel can be tough. I’ve stayed at most of the highest rated hotels there – Bellagio, Venetian, Four Seasons, etc. – and have almost always been disappointed. Therefore, when my family decided to take my mom to Las Vegas for her 70th birthday, I approached with trepidation the decision of which hotel to entrust with such an important celebration.

Based on the reviews on this site and on previous experiences with Mandarin Oriental hotels around the world, I chose the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas. And I am pleased to report that the hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. Our main contact was concierge Doug Hessler. He was able to fulfill all of our very specific, detailed and quirky requests, and just as importantly, he offered numerous creative and fun suggestions for ways the family could celebrate together. With his help, we put together an unforgettable, packed itinerary for my mom.

Once we arrived at the hotel, it felt as if the entire Mandarin Oriental team was revved up and focused on our group. It seemed like every department of the hotel – front desk, concierge staff, room service, etc. – knew the details of our plans, and with their highly coordinated efforts, the trip was a huge success. Prior to this trip, I have only ever experienced this level of personalized service at legendary European hotels or at small, super-exclusive Asian resorts.

Of course, all of the hallmarks of the Mandarin Oriental hotels were also present: ideal location, luxuriously appointed rooms, stunning views, serenely beautiful public spaces, and an outrageous spa. All combined, it made for a truly excellent hotel experience, not just by Las Vegas standards, but by world standards. I won’t ever stay anywhere else when I am back in Vegas.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed at the Mandarin last summer and it was outstanding. This time we had a strip view suite and it wasn't the quiet oasis in Vegas we liked last time. The strip view suite on the 14th floor is noisy late into the night due to Las Vegas Blvd. Nothing the hotel can do about this, but the sound of music, cars, and motorcycles really impacted our sleep. The strip view suites are also smaller than the cityscape suites which overlook the Aria/City Center (and those are quiet). So save the $$ and avoid the strip view suites, go with the cityscape suites which are also larger. The staff was friendly but there were some issues during our stay. Even the best hotels will have minor issues, so I'm not going into them. But the Mandarin does compete with the cheaper Wynn Encore, so they really need to execute as the Encore is also very nice.

Room Tip: Avoid the strip view rooms or at the very least get a room as high as possible. Las Vegas Blvd is noisy and the strip view is pretty bland.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank dave9956
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed three nights at this hotel and had a fantastic experience. It's tucked away on the Strip, close to the action, yet quiet and serene. Non smoking and no casino, but close to the casinos and the bustle of the strip. We had a delicious breakfast and lunch at the cafe, delightful spa treatments in their beautiful facility, used the excellent gym and took a couple of very good exercise classes. My room was so beautiful, quiet and comfortable. What makes this a great hotel is the first class service we received from the bellmen, the waiters and waitresses, the front desk, spa personnel and concierges. Highly recommend and will definitely stay there when I return.

Took the sunset helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon recommended by the concierge and it was terrific! He also booked tickets for us to two very entertaining shows: Terry Fator and Cirque de Soleil "O" show.

Room Tip: The upper floors have better views of the strip. I was on the 5th floor and was very happy with my room and view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FondofTravel
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed here for a week and had the most amazing time, great location.Staff went out of their way to be pleasant and very friendly, room was exeptional very large room with a great strip view and the best bed.Pure Luxury, would have loved to have tried the Spa here but the prices were way off the chart $600 for a massage?! a shame as the other hotels offered reasonably priced spa's so used others instead.It was nice to come home here after seeing the sights, the bath with the tv in the bathroom mirror was great to relax in after walking around the strip.
The area around the hotel was also great, The Aria next door was amazing too

Room Tip: its got to be a strip view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We spent a long weekend at the Mandarin Oriental. It is ingeneously located on the strip, but with an entrance that doesn't invite casual street traffic, making it immediately a place apart from the usual chaos of Las Vegas. The hotel itself is wonderful from the facilities to the spectacular service. Everyone we encountered was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The spa is in a class by itself. If you are looking for a typical Vegas experience, you may be happier elsewhere, but if you want to be pampered while staying near the action you can't do better than this.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple