“I Wouldn't Know”

Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck
Ranked #32 of 381 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: The tower and restaurant sit atop the Paris Las Vegas hotel.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We flew ten people out to Las Vegas for my wedding, and all of our plans were made based on everyone's top "must sees". Paris was my "must see", so I planned for our group to have dinner there and then go to the top of the Eiffel Tower to watch the Bellagio fountains.

Several weeks before our trip, I called La Village to make a reservation since we were a large group, I thought it might be nice to give them warning we'd be coming. The morning of the day we planned to go, we had a lot of things go wrong and we got behind on time so I called to let them know and was told we didn't have a reservation in the first place.

When we arrived, and finally got to the front of the line, the hostess was noticeably irritated about our party size (which actually was smaller than planned, only six of us ended up going), and she tried to talk us into splitting our group into multiple tables.

The atmosphere inside the restaurant was beautiful. It was everything I had hoped for. The food was alright, not as much selection as other buffets, but they did have a crepe station which made my 12 year old son happy. Service left something to be desired. We had to flag our waitress down twice to get refills.

After dinner, we all met up at the Eiffel Tower experience to purchase our tickets. As soon as our group was done getting tickets and taking pictures, we got in line and were immediately told the tower was closed for rain and lightning.

This is understandable, you can't control the weather. We were told we could wait in line though, as they may be able to reopen within half an hour. So we went and got souvenir cups while waiting, then most of the group split off to play some slots while my husband and son waited in line.

About 10 minutes later, a security guard approached my husband and son and told them that minors under 21 aren't allowed to gamble, and that "he should be at home in bed anyway".

Well he wasn't gambling, he was waiting in line for an attraction. When my husband explained this to him, he was told that no one my son knows can gamble while he is in the building, and threatened us with heavy fines. I didn't want to cause anyone any problems, so I cashed out my slot machine ticket, and the security guard came over to tell me that since my son was in the building, I wouldn't be allowed to redeem it for money.

Another person in our party was kind enough to redeem the ticket for me, and we decided to get refunds for the Eiffel Tower experience and just leave.

When we went outside, we were surprised to find that it was dry and totally clear outside. Not even a cloud in the sky. As we waited outside, we watched the elevator continue operation to the top of the tower.

At that point we decided to just go back to the Stratosphere and go to their observation deck. When we got there, we talked to one of the employees there about what had just happened, and he told us there was a lightning warning earlier in the day, 50 miles away and moving away, but that it had expired several hours earlier.

I am so frustrated by this whole experience. We encountered nothing but grace and hospitality all week in Las Vegas, and we fell in love with the city and the people. We certainly won't allow Paris to take anything away from what was ultimately a magical experience, but my husband and I spent over $5,000 between just us, not counting the rest of our wedding party. We plan to return to Las Vegas at least once a year to celebrate our anniversary, and at this point I can't see any reason to bring any of that money back to Paris.

Date of experience: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (6,275)
All reviews
"half the size"
in 85 reviews
"elevator operator"
in 48 reviews
"great view of the strip"
in 104 reviews
in 79 reviews
"tickets"
in 451 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The stratosphere is cool but the Eiffel Tower has the perfect location. Go at night and watch the Bellagio Fountains. Gorgeous!!! I really hate heights, but this was worth it! The wait was short the elevator ride was awesome! Get your tickets on Groupon and save a lot of money.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

If you're afraid of heights, this might not be the attraction for you but if you do make it to the top, you will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Good deal on this if you are a guest, day pass was 2 for 18 till 6 p. Evening pass was 25.00 each. Of course evening pass would get you all the lights etc, but we went in the day and it was a great view, staff was pleasant, and elevators went up/down often. You can take your time to enjoy.