“Where crack heads, pimps, drug dealers, and prosititutes call home!!!”
Review of Downtowner Motel

Downtowner Motel
Ranked #154 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
canoga park, ca
“Where crack heads, pimps, drug dealers, and prosititutes call home!!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I got my money back after 2 hours of running around looking at more disgusting rooms then the next. The smell in those rooms is a musty, dank, mold, cigarette smoke, dirty butt smell that permeates from the carpets, beds and walls. I can only imagine what has happened in those room before.The smell in those rooms can give you ashma. Even the receiption area smelled the way rooms did.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
20 Thank Juliagulia06
Downtownermotellv, Manager at Downtowner Motel, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Downtowner Motel is extremely careful to whom we rent our rooms. All the new guests IDs are sent daily to the Police department with whom we have excellent relationship and have been reccomened by the policemen as the safe motel. We have security on duty and many cameras checking the property. Our permanent guest (about 50%) are senior citizens and certainly not likely to engage in the activities mentioned in one of the comments. We are constantly vigilant to make sure that drugs dealers, pimps or prostitutes do not stay with us as we have zero tollerance for such people. Anybody is welcome to check with our guests as well as employees about the measures we take in choosing our guests.
Thank you for allowing me to defend our reputation.
Valeria ,
Downtowner Motel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 12 February 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this motel New Year's Eve. Their website is totally misleading, our room looked nothing like the one they showed. The carpet was so disgustingly filthy that we couldn't even walk on it without our shoes on. There was huge gobs of bloody mucous on the bathroom wall and the entire place was rundown and filthy. The heat was on full blast the whole time with no way to adjust it and the front desk staff was downright rude!! We ended up leaving after one night even though we had paid for two and they refused to refund anything for the second night, we ate the cost and found a room somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank aleciahy

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Ok, I live in Las Vegas. I was going to a concert on Fremont Street and didn't want to drink & then have to travel home. I found the Downtowner Hotel. I thought the experience was funny. It is in a perfect location to anything you could need. Fremont Street, restaurants, DTC, stores........The room that I was given wasn't dirty it was just older.......that is to be expected I was in Downtown Las Vegas....."Old Vegas" every hotel down there is old. The TV didn't turn off, we had to unplug it in order to go to sleep. But the staff was very polite and courteous. I wasn't bothered by noise or anything........So besides some small things it was good. I would absolutely stay there again the next time I want to party on Fremont and not go home, lol.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jessyann68
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 September 2010

office staff is completly out of line with rude comments, and no knowledge of customer service, a significant lack of management skills. rooms sre unsanitary, found drug paraphanalia, an over all horrible place to stay

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank s_richard77
Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 April 2010

This motel, although quaint and staffed with older Las Vegans, is neat, safe and very clean. The staff is older as I mentioned so getting checked in and out is like visiting your older aunt in Alabama but as for helpfulness and willingness to assist...they do their jobs. The motel has 24 hour security with cameras all over the place. It is located next to El Cortez which in my opinion for the money is not a good price for the money. Some of the staff at The Downtowner has been there over 25 years, like Ms. Essie. I happen to have been there with my children when they were celebrating her 27th year of service. My children were all comfortable with the area and there were several places to eat and have delivered. You just cant beat it for $29.99 a night...two double beds, closet, kitchenette, bathroom, cable, central heat and air. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family