“Both our Desert Adventure tour and Self-drive to the Canyon were excellent and are highly recommended.”
Review of Awesome Adventures

and up
El Dorado Canyon and Gold Mine Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Awesome Adventures offers the best Las Vegas Tours at the best prices: ATVs, Horses, Kayaks, Grand Canyon Tours, Gold Mine Tours, Custom Events, Ziplines, Rappelling, Ropes Course, and more.We offer Eldorado Canyon ATV,and Kayak Tours that include a walking tour of the Techatticup Gold Mine, once the largest producing Gold Mine in Nevada.Visit our website to see all the great Las Vegas and Utah Adventures we offer! Awesome Adventures also offers exciting tours in Central Utah including River Trips, Ziplines, Ropes Courses, ATV Rentals on the Paiute ATV Trail, and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Barrie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the ATV tour. She was a first time rider but the staff had her bombing around the desert in no time. Hills, banked S-bends, descents, Whoop dee doos, great scenery etc.
Included hotel pick up, the tour guide entertained us in the van. The ATVing was amazing. A satisfying lunch and drive thru and stop in the valley of fire on the way back to the hotel.

The self drive Canyon tour with the SUV was the way to go. Hotel pick-up to the Hard Rock. All the park fees, parking, skywalk included. No time constraints. We were able to experience the canyon at sunset. Note- try to do the Hoover dam before nightfall as there are restrictions to visitors after dark. 24 hr car rental included.

Visited November 2011

Chicago, Illinois
“Business name says it all!”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Had a great time, thanks to Landon and Blair at Awesome Adventures. Most of our group had never driven an ATV, but the guides eventually split up the groups so that we could go on a faster tour. Great experience. Highly recommend it for anyone seeking a thrill ride.

Visited October 2011
Keflavik, Iceland
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Loved it. One of the best things we did in Vegas.”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

If you choose one thing to do in Las Vegas this should be it.
We got picked up at our hotel early morning on time. It was a small group that we joined.

The guides were likeable and fun, they knew what they were doing. It was short to the location which was a little mining town just outside Las Vegas. There we got a short tour of the mining museum and then of the mine it self. Mining in those days must have been a horrible job.

Then we got our ATV´s and followed our guides through the dessert. It was so much fun driving in the dessert, after about an hour we stopped for lunch. The lunch was good. just simple sandwich and cookies. Then back on the ATV´s and drove for another 90 minutes. The views were amazing and this was so much fun. Got back to the town all dusty and dirty and loved it.
Brilliant day out, would do it again.

Our guides Scott and Kevin were so much fun and it was obvious they loved their job.

Visited October 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day out, good value for money, dodgy booking system.”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I booked the horseback tour directly through their website at the last minute for myself and my partner. It looked expensive at first, but don't let that put you off - it's actually reasonably good value for money.

First, the good: The experience was a full day out - we were picked up at 9am at our hotel and arrived back at 4pm having experienced a guided tour of a gold mine, a look around a fabulous (but compact) museum, tales old and new and a 2 hour horseback ride in the most beautiful scenery. We were fed, watered and generally entertained.
The horses were well cared for, and well mannered - an absolute joy to ride.
The three guides we encountered (I'd name them but I'm hopeless at remembering names) were all friendly, knowledgeable, and generally great, and the on the day service can not be faulted. Both my partner and I were very glad to have had the experience.

Now the bad: Their direct booking system is dodgy at best. There's no visible encryption or security, but they had good reviews and I had a prepaid card so I decided to go for it anyway.
Somehow, my payment got mixed up, and they charged me twice for the tour. I called my card issuer about this, and all they needed was a fax from the company, stating there had been a mistake and it would have been a complete non-issue. I called Awesome Adventures and they refused to admit their mistake, offering no apology, and no attempt to find the mistake to fix it. (I did eventually get my dollars back thanks to my card issuer, but his was almost a week after the tour - three days after I'd left the country!)

To sum up - if you're thinking of doing a horseback or ATV tour with Awesome Adventures, definitely do it! but book through a third party if possible.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Liea J
awesomeadventures, Guest Relations Manager at Awesome Adventures, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
We are happy that you enjoyed your tour and that the guides were friendly and professional and we definitely appreciate that you took the time to post a review, thank you!

We apologize that your booking experience was NOT satisfactory. We recently updated our reservation system and are in the process of integrating it with our websites. The website that you booked from, adventurelasvegas.com, is now integrated with the new system, although it wasn't at the time of your booking.

Again, thank you for your business, and your review, and we hope if you visit Las Vegas again you will keep us in mind for your recreational needs.

Sorry for your inconvenience and have a great day.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great day in the dessert”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We went on the ATV ride and old mine tour. It was a fantastic day. My favorite day of our trip. We had Red as our guide. He was very informative and a lot of fun.

The ride was challenging for me at first. But I got the hang of it pretty quickly. We came back to the hotel really dusty. But it was all worth it.

This tour is a great value for the money.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your ATV and Gold Mine Tour in Eldorado Canyon, it is a beautiful area and Red is an "Awesome" Guide! Sorry about the dust, just think of it as a souvenir from your trip! Thanks again for your business and the great review!