“Good Japanese restaurant ”
Review of Raku

Raku
Ranked #28 of 5,627 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Suggest to make the reservation one month before your visit because they are extremely popular in Las Vegas. Recommended to try their Raku tofu, grill pig ear, pig intestines and the poached egg with uni. I am a bit disappointed to their wagyu beef because they charge $16 per skewer so I expect the high quality beef. Overall is a good restaurant to try and require some planning before visit.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I cannot add much to others reviews - the food is spectacular. We had the chefs tasting menu and every plate had us oohing and aahing. I would probably opt for the NON fois gras tasting menu next time and save the $25 extra fee. It could be that I've just fallen out of love with fois gras, though.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Exquisite, high-end small plates with bold, intricate flavors. Efficient and friendly service. Late hours are added benefits, so it's a destination for foodies as well as chefs on their off-hours.

Study up on your sake because they have an encyclopedia collection to choose from. And definitely follow the waitresses recommendations on how to eat each plate.

I went with my husband and we ordered one of each of the following items to share and have room to try more things: Blue fin sashimi, Portabella stuffed with ground chicken, Duck balsamic soy sauce, Agedashi Tofu (half), and Green tea soba noodles.

My husband has never really liked tofu, but he’s a tofu convert after eating at Raku.

We crossed over to Raku sweets for dessert, but should have just stayed at Raku. Raku Sweets has a $12 dessert minimum per person, and we would have been satisfied with splitting a dessert after eating such a large dinner.

1  Thank PCBNicaUsa
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Tucked in a non-descript mall is this amazing gem. OMG everything tasted sooo good that you might want to order seconds of the same thing and still lick the plate clean! From the fresh sashimi to perfectly grilled meat to the unusual saki, nothing disappoints. The best thing is that the price is reasonable, service is warm and not overdone.
It’s definitely the best restaurant I’ve been to in Asia and North America combined.

1  Thank MCHToronto
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This a decent Japanese place with a good selection of sakes. Service is all right and food was average, not anything we would remember for the rest of our lives. They sell scarcity so figure out if you need a reservation or you’ll just try your luck. Sushi Roku at Caesar’s Palace is still our number 1 in Las Vegas.

Been to Raku? Share your experiences!