“Foodie “Must” for Japanese small plates”
Review of Raku

Raku
Ranked #12 of 5,042 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Exquisite, high-end small plates with bold, intricate flavors. Efficient and friendly service. Late hours are added benefits, so it's a destination for foodies as well as chefs on their off-hours.

Study up on your sake because they have an encyclopedia collection to choose from. And definitely follow the waitresses recommendations on how to eat each plate.

I went with my husband and we ordered one of each of the following items to share and have room to try more things: Blue fin sashimi, Portabella stuffed with ground chicken, Duck balsamic soy sauce, Agedashi Tofu (half), and Green tea soba noodles.

My husband has never really liked tofu, but he’s a tofu convert after eating at Raku.

We crossed over to Raku sweets for dessert, but should have just stayed at Raku. Raku Sweets has a $12 dessert minimum per person, and we would have been satisfied with splitting a dessert after eating such a large dinner.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Tucked in a non-descript mall is this amazing gem. OMG everything tasted sooo good that you might want to order seconds of the same thing and still lick the plate clean! From the fresh sashimi to perfectly grilled meat to the unusual saki, nothing disappoints. The best thing is that the price is reasonable, service is warm and not overdone.
It’s definitely the best restaurant I’ve been to in Asia and North America combined.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This a decent Japanese place with a good selection of sakes. Service is all right and food was average, not anything we would remember for the rest of our lives. They sell scarcity so figure out if you need a reservation or you’ll just try your luck. Sushi Roku at Caesar’s Palace is still our number 1 in Las Vegas.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I had such high expectations before going in, as this place had outstanding reviews. But right after we were seated, this meal turned out to be one of the most disappointing experiences ever.

Our server was nice but more on the robotic side of nice. She brought out the specials which had no pricing on it. We opted to go for the Wagyu beef, the shrimp, and the pork belly.

The pork belly was by far the nicest of the three, very tasty in a really good sauce. That being said, it was also definitely way too fatty. The shrimp were whole with the head and everything. I hate a full one and had a hard time swallowing the hard shell that kept being stuck down my throat.

And the came the Wagyu beef, the thing the server hyped the most. It was basically 2 small bites each and it was very tough to chew. I felt like I was chewing gum forever till I finally just swallowed the whole bite

And the came the check; $76 for three tiny appetizers size portion with one glass of wine and one small hot sake. An absolute ripoff if you ask me. And on top of it all, they even have the nerves to ask up to 30% in gratuities?

This was by far one of the most disappointing, overpriced, average at best food and service dining experience as I have ever encountered anywhere in the World. A huge letdown!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We had to eat at six to get a table but the insanely early start was worth it. We ate family style which allowed us to sample multiple dishes including a number of specialities. Everything was delicious with some excellent sake for accompaniment.