“Took me 5 years to get back, well worth the wait!”
Review of Raku

Raku
Ranked #10 of 5,054 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

On my previous visit I ordered too much and missed out on several dishes I had really wanted to try.

The wife and I arrived 10 minutes before opening without a reservation. We did manage a table for 2 and were told we had an hour and-a-half to enjoy our meal.

This time I remained focused and ordered my must haves for this trip right off the bat. I went with the monthly sake sampler (3 chilled offerings), fried ice fish and from the robata section; Kobe beef tendon, foie gras with a teriyaki glaze and a slice of black garlic and finally salmon oroshi ( with grated daikon and ikura).

The taste and finish on each of the sakes were just how the waiter described them. The ice fish were whole, crispy and crunched in the mouth without a hint of fishy taste or greasiness. The salmon was grilled to perfection and I was delighted to see there was a sizeable portion of crispy skin left on the fish. The tendon was incredibly unctuous to say the least, really amazing. And last, but, definitely not least the foie was...well you need to come to Raku and actually experience it. All I can say is hot teriyaki butter, slightly garlicky with an after-after taste of a hint of liver.

Well done!!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Mike from British Columbia

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Food is good. Can’t agree with others, calling it the best place ever. Food is good and I am sure u can find similar tasting food close to where u live.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We started eating here when it first opened and have been coming back when we're in town. The food is always beautifully prepared and delicious. We especially enjoy the fish specials which generally come from Japan. The robatayaki skewers are also very good. For those not terribly familiar with Japanese food beyond sushi and sashimi, I would say, " Just jump in and try things-have fun. You may not like everything, but you will certainly eat things that are not available most anywhere else."

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Saw the rave review on this restaurant so before I flew to Vegas, I emailed the hotel which I was going to stay in to help me make a reservation in advance. They were very kind to help.

The restaurant is not very big and tables are in close proximity. It is also quite dim so the photos taken didn’t turn out very nice. But, all the food we ordered tasted very good and fresh.

The Oyaji tofu was the star of the night for me. The toppings on the tofu blended in really well with the smooth tofu. It is slightly spicy but I love it. Sashimi was also very fresh. Overall, it didn’t disappoint me.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Take a break from the Vegas strip and head over to this great little restuarant in Chinatown. Try the homemade tofu or the kobe beef skewers with fresh wasabi. I would recommend the Omakase with Sake pairing. Tip: make a reservation at least two weeks in advance and be there fifteen minutes early.