“Spring Break 2018”
Review of Camel Safari Vegas

Camel Safari Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Trek through the Nevada desert on an unforgettable safari atop one of our majestic camels! Overlook the beautiful Virgin River and desert mesas on your ride, led by an experienced handler.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Bucket list item and worth the drive. Oddly as I'm looking at the details on TripAdvisor it says the address is Fremont Street. Maybe that is their mailing address. This is misleading because it is at a least 45 min outside Vegas. Which was fine with us. In fact it added to the charm because it felt more like going on a nature adventure.

We were adults and teens in our group and everyone had fun. You start with a history and science lesson which could have been boring in the hands of some but our teacher was funny, educated in the topic and passionate. On to meet other cool animal family members. We learned their names and personalities. Got lots of pics of up close and funny moments. We got to meet a few camels and their babies that we wouldn't be riding and then it was time to saddle up.

From a platform you climb into the little balcony type seat. I was relieved that each of our camels was lead by an experienced handler. GOOD IDEA! They took the lead ropes, stayed in control and kept everything feeling safe while making fun conversation. Another staff member walked along for safety sake and to open gates along the trail. My anxiety left me by the time we traveled 6 feet. We were allowed to bring cameras & phones if they fit in a pocket. No bags.The extra staff member that accompanied us stopped at several picturesque spots and offered to take a variety of great photos for us. The camel handlers helped everyone get into the configurations of groups for our shots while the lead guy generously took as many shots as we wanted. Pleasing the teen's social media feeds and my Christmas card 2018 file. Thank you very much for this Camel Safari! We truly appreciate it when an adventure provider is kind about this!!

The ride was the perfect amount of time. When we made it back our original teacher took us around to meet other animal friends and learn so many fun facts up close and personal. That was almost as much fun as riding camels. We were highly impressed with the level of passion everyone here had for the animals. It was evident in every way that all of the staff truly loved their charges like family. Camaraderie all around...between animals and staff. Like they were all and equal team. I would say if your child is over 5 and calm and a good listener it would be a successful adventure. And opting for the memory package for them is a good idea. They will get a camel stuffed animal as well and I can promise they will be cuddling that thing for a long time and smiling about this vacation adventure.

1  Thank AdventuresInHarmony
in 18 reviews
"learning"
"educated"

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I wanted to ride a camel, and I roped a friend into going with me, and this place was wonderful! The staff were entirely friendly and knowledgeable. They gave a bit of an overview about camels and then gave us a short ride. It was amazing. I had a great time and I highly recommend it! Afterwards, we learned more about the camels and the other animals at the ranch. My friend, who was a bit unsure about the whole thing, also had a great time.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Can't believe this amazing experience is only a short ride from Vegas! Handlers are pros and camels are calm. Loved the herd of curious, friendly bactrians checking us out on the safari. Definite must do in Vegas!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Great intro discussion to camels and even met a sloth. Staff very careful in gauging your ability, helping you to mount, dismount, and pacing the camels around the park, If you want an intro to what camels would be like in Egypt or elsewhere or aren't able to get there, this is the adventure to get an understanding of camels and how they ride. The ride was long enough to get a great sense of that. Great for all age groups except very young children