“Better Choice for Business” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa
Ranked #84 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver
“Better Choice for Business”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Westin Causarina in Las Vegas has an off-the-strip location on Flamingo Road. This means that it is about a ten minute walk (through Bally's) to the chaos and action on Las Vegas Blvd. If you are in town to experience that action, after day two that walk will be a bit weary for you. But $10-$12 in a taxi will get you back.

For business travellers the Westin is a good choice. The smaller lobby means that the walk from check-in to elevator is minimal. The walk from the parking lot to lobby is not long. Frequent stay guests enjoy their own check-in station.

A recent stay had us accommodated on the 17th SPG level. The view was lacklustre, and the so called upgraded rooms were just average. A bed, a desk, a chair and a small table. The decor is starting to look a bit worn. The lighting in the entrance hall by the closet was abysmal, making use of the full length mirror there useless if the bathroom door was closed. Points though for really good black-out curtains in the room. Extra points for all the rooms being non-smoking. The walls are thin, and not only could we hear the shower running next door, we could also hear our neighbour coughing.

The lobby restaurant provides a decent buffet breakfast with the basics. Fruit, juice, coffee, cereal, pastries, eggs, bacon, potatoes and ham. Nothing fancy, but a relaxed setting with really good service from the wait staff. A Starbucks in the lobby gives you fast options if you are on the run. The lobby also has a small casino.

If you are in town for business, and want a time-out from the "madding crowds", then the Westin is a good option. If you are in Las Vegas for the action, then this is not the Hotel or location for you. Take a pass on spg points collection, and stay on the strip, you will not regret that choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Keskeret
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Whether you are here for business or pleasure, our location just one block from the Las Vegas strip, is ideal for guests looking to relax after a fun day exploring. We offer a quiet, relaxing atmosphere with an onsite casino, pool, sauna and more providing guests with the perfect location to unwind. It is wonderful to hear you were able to enjoy breakfast at Suede while here. I'll have the maintenance team look into the lighting in your room and address as necessary. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

It's not a great property, nor a good location. I opted for the $5 environmental credit, which I now understands means that the hotel gives you $5 for doing nothing in your room each day. So they save $20 in staff fees. Great. There really is not much around it, the rooms are average. The walls are very thin. I could clearly hear regular conversations from both sides.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
To learn your stay with us was not as you expected is disappointing. In an effort to go green, our environmental credit ensures we reduce the amount of cleaners and unnecessary waste to help provide an environmentally friendly atmosphere for all of our guests and we regret if this caused any inconvenience for you. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again to experience all we have to offer.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012 via mobile

This hotel wasn't what we thought it would be. It's far enough off the strip not to feel the atmosphere which was disappointing. Have to agree with others regarding the smell of drains. We did receive a free upgrade to the 16th floor with city view but the view was only partial at best. Having recently stayed at the Westin in Dubai I can only say that this one was disappointing.

Stayed March 2012
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
We are disappointed to hear your stay was not as expected. Your feedback is appreciated and I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again to experience our Hibiscus Spa, enjoy a show in our showroom or spend some time in our onsite casino. Thank you for sharing your comments.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012 via mobile

First time in Vegas but business required the trip. On the whole I enjoyed staying here. You don't have the crazies that you'd get in many other places. If you're in Vegas for that then go elsewhere - if you want somewhere convenient and decent enough quality this will do nicely.

Couple of comments. Sadly no suite upgrade as a Platinum, but at least a decent room. Renovations going on, and it'll be nice when it's over. Ridiculous charge of 10 bucks to have a package delivered (not happy about that). Nice staff on the whole.

I'd likely stay here again, but certainly not the casino experience if that's what you're looking for.

Stayed March 2012
It’s great to hear your first trip to Las Vegas and the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa worked well for your needs. I appreciate your comments regarding the renovations currently underway and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again when they are completed. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Westin in Las Vegas this past weekend. When I arrived it was so busy and crowded and the lines were so long! A employee in the lobby offered me a bottle of water while I waited which was just what I needed. The front desk agent was really nice and explained to me that because of the time of day, they were only pre registering... but he found a ready room as we were talking... I was so happy since I had worked all night then hit the road from Arizona to Vegas as soon as I got off. In conversation I mentioned that it was my birthday so the agent sent champagne and a fruit & cheese platter up to my room... that was so awesome!!! The beds were so comfortable and the room was very clean. I had an awesome view of the strip which was 1 block away!! and I indulged in the room service which was fantastic. I really enjoyed this stay. Seems like the staff goes above and beyond which really counts these days. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view!