“Harrahs is a win !!!!!!!!!”
Review of Harrah's Las Vegas

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #93 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Myself and a friend stayed at harrahs from March 19-22nd and I was a little nervous about staying here. We normally stay at the Wyndham Grand Desert but from now on we are staying at Harrahs. We booked a classic room for $87.00 for the stay, great price. We upgraded on arrival for an additional $15.00 a night to a deluxe room, mardi gras tower. It was awesome. Nicely upgraded furnishings, very clean and a nice view of the pool and mountains from the little balcony (that was nice, I was able to smoke out there). Service was great all around from the front desk to the waitresses on the casino floor and in KGB restaurant. Great location. The only negative I can think of is the line at the front desk was long. We kept checking back but it never was shorter. I would not hesitate to stay there again and I think it is better than a Holiday INN, I normally stay at a Wyndham, Marriott or the Ritz Carlton when I travel. Although it is not the Ritz I would put the room in a catagory of a Marriott or Wyndham.

Room Tip: Reserve a deluxe room.
3  Thank POOLSIDE44

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Unfortunately this hotel is just not for kids, the decor, rooms, gaming experience and service were all excellent, but nothing to do with your children other than go to the pool (but it was cold that day)
Fortunately for us, we were 2 miles south of a kid's place and had to spend our day there and return to our room to rest.

What is the worst? the parking experience, which is all the same throughout all the hotels in Las Vegas, and I can't understand why the management at these properties can't realize that this is the first and last impression at their properties for us the clients, and this cause a bad taste even before we get inside the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Time after time, I always end up staying at Harrah's when I visit Las Vegas. I compare all the rates and fees and Harrah's always wins. I love the location, right in the middle of everything going on on the strip, it's right on the Monorail, it's got a shuttle to the Rio (great seafood buffet!) and the rooms cover your needs. We stayed in the Carnival Tower this time and had a view overlooking part of the strip. We could see (and hear and feel) the volcano at The Mirage erupting at night, which was very cool. That being said, I always bring a small white noise machine to drown out unwanted hallway, street and Strip noises so that I can sleep peacefully. The walls are thin and normal voices in the hallway can seem quite annoying.
3 more perks to staying at Harrah's: NO mandatory resort fee! This fee can really add up at the other hotels! And usually it covers services you don't even use! Instead, if you want to use the the internet you get charged for a 24 hr period of about $11.50. The rate is discounted with multiple days. Second- If you drive to Las Vegas, parking at Harrah's is FREE! yeah! Third- you can purchase a Buffet of Buffets pass that lets you eat at about 6 different resort buffets such as Rio, Planet Hollywood, Paris, Ceasars, Harrah's etc as many times as you want in a 24 hr period. This is a great option, especially if you have "super eaters" in your group! You can get this without staying at Harrah's, of course......
The only down side to our stay was that the window overlooking the strip was VERY dirty and kind of ruined our view. But, that's a small thing in the overall review.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank PirateChik
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at Harrahs during the Las Vegas Nascar race. The Hotel was great with respect to registration, parking, gambling and was easy to get to and from the track. However, the restaurant "Cafe" that is open 24 hours was disappointing. Complaining staff, cleanliness was poor, and servers were a little sloppy. We would go back, just to watch from the sideline to see if they improve at all before dining there again. We did like the hotel and would stay there again as there are so many places to dine, it would not be a problem dining elsewhere.

2  Thank Pat S
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at Harrah's the week of March 18-22. There was 8 girls in total in our party.. we had 3 rooms between us, 2 double bed rooms and 1 suite. Our suite was great, Huge bathroom for all of us to get ready in, comfy bed and pillows. The pull-out couch wsn't the greatest.. after a few attempts, it was determined the best way to sleep on it was with your head at the opposite end away from the couch. The room was pretty clean, although we did find a stale pretzel on the carpet when we first got there. But not a huge deal. The location was PERFECT. Right in the middle of the strip, with easy access to the monorail, and all the other hotels, restaurants and casinos.
The price was great for the location, and the rest of the girls in my party got a late checkout as they had a later flight then I did. This made it easy to hang out by the pool all day and get ready, with somewhere safe to store their luggage.
On the Sunday I was the first to arrive, a few hours earlier then my friends, and since the room wasn't in my name, I was worried about checking my luggage, but it wasn't a problem. It was easy to check it in, and then go wander the strip and shop until I left for the airport to meet my friends as they arrived. The bellman was very friendly, even if he did send me to the wrong mall that I wanted to go to.. lol.
I would go to Harrah's again for sure.

Room Tip: I advise getting a suite. We were in the Carnivale tower, and had a decent view of the volcano going...
3  Thank janipants