1,704 results
All reviews cabana suites tower room vintage room fremont street container park old vegas fremont experience single deck blackjack no elevator two blocks loose slots downtown vegas mob museum prime rib main building stay downtown an older hotel
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Have stayed here numerous times and will continue to do so. Stayed four nights on this trip. Even when my company pays for a room on the Strip, I still book a room here for one night, out of my own pocket. Rooms are clean and really all you need to explore the downtown area. Cheap gambling is awesome. Dealers and pit bosses were very friendly. As far as the smokiness goes, I can't comment, because I'm one of those jerks that is smoking right next to you. Never had a problem with housekeeping, but I also make sure to secure my belongings (as you would in any hotel). Front desk was helpful with rental car, etc. Ages in our group were from late 30's to early 70's, and not one of them had a complaint. Never felt unsafe as they are cleaning up this area (10 years ago was a little shady). Good location to hit up the Western and Atomic Liquor, too.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nardz
Reviewed 27 January 2011

So so..we stayed in the tower. The suite was not a bad size for Vegas, sofa was worn. You could see hand and lets just say "interesting" prints on the windows. Crank window in bath for the smokers. There is a edge all around the room and in the hall of dust where it is not vacuumed. No coffee or cups in our room on arrival. Staff at the front desk was friendly. They do offer a shuttle to the airport if you ask for it. Very smoky in the casino. Food is not bad in the cafe...majority of servers are great.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank socialwrkr
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Wife and I were comped a tower room for 3 nights and as with our first stay, found it quite enjoyable. We were offered a room at the Cabana suites, which are reportedly nicer, but we like staying where we gamble.
Room was very clean. Bed was quite comfortable. Staff is always friendly to us and this time was no exception.
I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends.
Casino is much nicer since renovation several years ago. I used to hate it because of smoke. BEST BLACKJACK IN VEGAS.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank duffytoo
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I have stayed here many times. It doesn't get better or get worse. It's a cheap hotel so you can spend your money on more important things like having fun! Yes there are many homeless people hanging around outside and sometimes inside. Just say security! And they will leave you alone. Don't ever listen to them! They have nothing worthwhile to sell you or truthful stories. The hotel rooms aren't beautiful but just say you pull off the covers and sleep on the sheets. I don't usually hang out here because other casinos down the street are more interesting especially fitzgeralds! If you are a single man stay here and not have to worry about blowing your hard earned cash here. Blow it on the strip joints and gambling!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank jon32566
Reviewed 15 January 2011

This place is a nightmare! Employees stole from us, there was a jamaican dealer who was staring at us like she wanted to kill us as we walked by. Then there was a hip hop party blaring in the room next door. We complained and they asked them to turn down the music they did for maybe 10 minutes and then blaring again finally asked to be moved at 2 am since they were not going to make them stop. I know Vegas is noisy but you would expect an extremely loud party to be dealt with. Believe it was an employees party as all their security seemed to be thugs as well.
Also the smell of the rooms is sickening. You have been warned!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple