I lucked out this time and scored one of the few top vintage rooms. For $20 a night the room pictured is what I received. A large quiet comfortable room. My luck playing slots here continued to be better than other casinos. Book online and you get a fun book which included $5 off at the cafe which gave me a $2.95 prime rib dinner, $5 free slot play and a free drink among others. Plus, the El Cortez gave me 2 free nights for latter use for booking online. If I remember right book 2 or more nights in Jan, Feb or March 2011 and get 2 free nights in April. So I guess my next stay will be free.
The staff was wonderful to me and certainly nothing was missing from my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino Las Vegas