1,694 results
All reviewscabana suitestower roomvintage roomfremont streetcontainer parkold vegasfremont experiencesingle deck blackjackno elevatortwo blocksloose slotsdowntown vegasmob museumprime ribmain buildingstay downtownan older hotel
Reviewed 11 October 2012

While visiting Freemont went into this casino to find a restroom- had to be smelliest one I visited while in Vegas. I don't know how the rooms are, saw a lounge area with an Elvis impersonator that was singing his heart out. It was an interesting visit, nothing extraordinary, don't go out of your way to go visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank iloveg
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Been coming here for years. Always stay here when I come alone, as I'm not a big one for the strip. Rooms are usually very cheap, if not free. The accommodation itself isn't too bad for the price. Yes, the furnishings are old, but they are comfortable. This time around I was there for one night in a Pavilion room. The main attraction in my opinion here, is the price and the gaming. Dealers are friendly, you still have that Old Vegas charm and feel. I wouldn't recommend this place for families or for big corporate types. But if you're not too picky about the rooms, definitley stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank averagejoe75
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at the El Cortez at the end of September and found it to be very clean, comfortable, and in a great location!! Our room was HUGE and the air conditioning worked VERY well. The water was hot in the bathroom immediately and we found the beds really comfortable. All in all, very impressed and the price was GREAT!! We would definitely recommend staying there and will plan on staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Campbell1001
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We read where they spent milliions of dollars upgrading all their rooms. Obviously our room wasn't included in the upgrade. They wanted to upgrade us to one of the new rooms, but because we smoke, we had to stay in one of the old rooms. It was an average room and clean, but the bed was rock hard, which was good for me, but my wife really suffered because of it. The bathtub was so stained and the caulking around the tub so bad, that it looked filthy and moldy. The worse part was the smell in the casino. It has a sickening sweet smell that made us both nauseous. Don't know what they are pumping into the air, but we could not even gamble there after two hours, and did not return the three days we were in Vegas, except to sleep. You could even smell it on the street as you approached the casino.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WeAreOutAndAbout
Reviewed 4 October 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com