“Great Addition to the Cosmo”
Review of Beauty & Essex

Beauty & Essex
Reserve with OpenTable
Beauty & Essex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 5,348 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Been to B&E in NYC a few times but first time in LV. Had a reservation for 6 and two were running quite late. I expected this to become an issue but the hosts were awesome and never missed a beat in getting us seated despite how busy they were that night. Menu has some of the NYC staples and some new things since my last visit. We sampled a lot and I cannot think of anything I would not order again. Service was impeccable as was the interaction with the Sommelier'. Be prepared - it's really loud but works well for big groups and sharing food. Probably can say that our experience here was better than NYC so I will be back.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I have been to the NYC outpost, but it has been a few years at this point. Things have changed a bit. The menu is definitely smaller and they have taken of some of their best options. Tomato soup dumplings anyone? The Vegas location has updated the look of the restaurant, which the NYC location was needing when I went so I can only imagine how the old boudoir look is aging. Both locations have kept with the pawn shop speak easy entrance (you can actually buy things in the shop), which is cool. It’s clearly their signature.

When my party arrived, I gave our name for the reservation and was met with a very snarky, “I don’t see that name just go to the bar.” It was rude and unnecessary, and um....we made a reservation I’m not just going to go to the bar. The place was packed and she was clearly overwhelmed but she truly did not need to be so rude. Luckily someone else stepped in and helped us and we were seated. I will say, for the rest fo the evening, we were treated to absolutely excellent service from our server.

We were a very large party so we decided to go with a pre fixe menu and appetizers, entrees, and desserts were ordered for us from one person in our group. I am a vegetarian so there were a few options for me and a few for everyone else. here was also a vegan in the group and they were incredibly accommodating with how items were cooked and prepared to make sure we were satisfied. The food was pretty good, but not as good as I remembered it being in the NYC location. Overall, it was fine but I wasn’t really that impressed. I did hear that the tuna tartare tacos were quite delicious. We weren’t wowed, but it was good.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This looks like a pawn shop but there is a “secret door” that leads to the restaurant.
Tips:
1. Sit at the bar for a drink. There is a DJ there and it has a really fun ambience.
2. Go early if noise bothers you. When the restaurant is full, it is very difficult to hear people talking.
3. Share everything. The menu is set up to be a sharing menu. We loved the sliders, raviolis, grilled cheese bites. The waiter helped us pick everything and we liked it all.
4. Just for reference....we ordered 5 things to share for 4 of us and 2 cocktails. Our bill was $200.

We were on vacation for a week and this was our favorite place! Also, the service was exceptional!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to eat here as the reviews were great and we love great chef run restaurants. The atmosphere was very cool and had a nice vibe to it (ultimately it got a little loud for our tastes but still nice). We started out with the grilled cheese, smoked bacon dumplings and they seemed like they were put together a few hours earlier and kept in a warmer. They were still somewhat tasty but pedestrian in flavour. After 10 mins of table confusion and wrong dishes being delivered, we got the highlight of our meal, the Kale Apple salad. It was balanced, nuanced and it was a wonderful salad. Next, we tried the Empanadas and they were small, deep fried and had no depth - it seemed like they were made for those that enjoy a small fried cheese stick. We then had the Mexican Street Ravioli which had a nice sweetness to it, but really shined when you got a bit of jalapeño with your bite, the issue is it was difficult to make sure you got some jalapeño with your ravioli. Last, was the oven braised chicken meatballs and sadly they were more breadcrumbs than chicken. They were good but really lacked substance. Overall, it seemed like a corporation was running the kitchen focused on user testing instead of a chef making passionate food. Disappointing to say the least.

1  Thank Cbes2
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve frequented many of the top rated restaurants on the vegas strip and Beauty and Essex is one of our favorites! Great food, great service and a fun atmosphere for night out. Noise levels not that bad - typical volume for a lively restaurant.

Been to Beauty & Essex? Share your experiences!