12,362 results
All reviews fashion show mall train noise off the strip tv in the mirror non smoking free shuttle resort fee shuttle service stove top jacuzzi tub one bedroom suite caesars palace directly across the street the sofa bed full kitchen beautiful hotel other hotels
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Mid week this hotel offers exceptional value for the room. We upgraded to a 1000sq ft room on the 51st floor. The views, over the strip, especially at night are spectacular. The room is over the top, a double and a single shower, a double jacuzzi, kitchen, living room, two large TVs and a tv in the mirror in the bathroom.

However, it is meant to be a luxury hotel and I was surprised by the lack of attention to detail. The tv in the living room did not work and it took a while for a technician to arrive to repair it. The electric lights in the living room mid not turn on, some cutlery was missing in the kitchen so we had to share. The sofa bed was broken.

Be careful about extra costs. They charge. $25 a day resort fee. A jug of orange juice cost $25 and breakfast is over the top expensive for indifferent quality.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear valued Guest:

We appreciate your comments and are grateful that you selected Trump International Hotel Las Vegas for your traveling needs. We enjoyed serving you and hope that you will allow for us to do so many more times in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Trump Hotel in Las Vegas is a cheap hotel, and by cheap I don't mean the nightly rate but I mean that the hotel is just awfully cheap. Just read the letter (posted below) that I wrote to the General Manager, Brian Baudreau. He didn't even bother getting back to me.

-----

Dear Mr. Baudreau,

My girlfriend and I stayed at your Trump Hotel in Las Vegas for two nights in August. I had heard many great things and thought it would be great because it carries the Trump name. Upon arrival, we were surprised to find out that there was no self parking. That was fine but later when I called down for my car, I was informed that I could not call up my car from my room. So we went down and I handed our ticket to the valet staff. Even during non peak hours, we had to wait a minimum of 15 min. We missed our dinner reservations just for this reason. Needless to say, the valet system was inefficient.

The room had several issues. The toilet was clogged and an engineer had to be sent to our room to fix it. The TV did not work. The front desk sent engineers to our room multiple times and they could not fix the TV. Later we ran into one of your employees in the elevator and he was taking up a new TV to one of the rooms. We engaged him in a conversation and he informed us that the hotel needs to replace the TVs. He literally told us that the hotel "cheaped out" and that's the reason all the TVs are falling apart. The room we had wasn't pleasant either, since there was a train that woke us up twice. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the front desk. The only thing they did was waive the resort fee.

When we checked out, we noticed that my car had been damaged in the front right side. I was very upset and I kindly filed a property damage report with Kevin who works security. He asked me to wait a week and that I will hear from Clyde Turner, Head of Security. I waited 10 days before I called Mr. Turner. He was not in so I took down his email from the lady who answered the phone and sent him an email. He got back to me the next day and claimed that his investigation concluded with the valet not being responsible. I emailed him back the same day and asked him to look into full footage and valet reports for the entire time we were there (August 3-5) as the damage may have occurred at any point during our stay. He has since not responded, which I find is even more unprofessional than not getting in touch with me first.

The Hotel could not be measured as 5 stars by any standard. I would like to see the issues I experienced during my stay resolved and that I am compensated for the damage to my car. I look forward to hearing from you.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. Unless you like waiting half an hour for valet, no self park, no TV, a TRAIN waking you up in the morning (passes by a few times), and clogged up bathrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Michael T

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. We have had mulitple hotel Directors communicate with you both on the phone and through email concerning your claim. It was shared with you that we were able to determine the aforementioned "damage" was present upon arrival and we thought there was closure to the situation. Concerning your claim about our rooms being cheap, we have high end LG televisions along with our Sub Zero, Wolf and Bosch appliances. Have a nice day and please know that we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Got a good deal from Hotwire for a studio room. They offered to upgrade to a one bedroom suite for an extra charge which we did not take. Studio room was big enough for 2 adults and 1 Kid. We got a room facing the Wynn, Encore and Stratosphere. Room was very clean. Highlight for us was a TV which was embedded in the bathroom mirror. This feature instantly attracts the kids. Studio room has one king bed and a sofa/pullout bed.

We had breakfast once in DJT restaurant which is in the first floor. Food is pricey but was good. Service in the restaurant was also good.

There is only valet park in this hotel. Valet service is very efficient.

This hotel is almost at one end of the strip. With a kid you really cannot walk to the strip.

There is a resort fee. If you want a room on higher floor there is a charge for it. But you can request to waive off at least one of them.

Overall it is an awesome hotel in Las Vegas.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear valued Guest:

I hope that your future trips to Las Vegas from Chicago find you back in our hotel. It was a joy to read your review and to see how pleased you were with your stay. Please know that you are officially welcomed back.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My friend and I stayed here in June. We got a great deal through Hotwire and stayed in a standard room on the 58th floor. It was billed as on the strip on the website, but I would consider it off the strip (or at the very end of the strip I guess!). It was nice to come back from the crazy, noisy strip to this quiet oasis each evening.

You could walk through the mall to get to the main strip area or take the shuttle. We chose to take the shuttle. It would drop you off either at the Wynn or Caesar's Palace. That was very convenient and we never had a problem catching it. The driver was very friendly.

Check in and check out was efficient and friendly-- we experienced no lines, which was quite the contrast to what we saw at other hotels in the area. It was also nice not to have to traipse through a smokey casino to get to our room.

The king bed was very comfortable. The sofa bed-- not so much! I wished they offered rooms with two double beds instead of only a king and a sofa bed.

It was nice to have a kitchenette, but we really didn't use it much except for the refrigerator.

The bathroom was gorgeous and huge. Loved the tv in the mirror. The shower was large with great water pressure and I liked their toiletries. There was a separate tub (that neither of us used) and double sinks on a large vanity.

We also liked that you go through one door to get to the room from the hallway where there was only our door and our next door neighbors'. We never heard a thing from the hall and I think that's why.

We sat by the pool one day and had delicious mixed drinks (expensive, hotel prices of course). But we didn't stay long because it was very sunny and there wasn't much shade unless you chose to pay for a cabana or a bed with an umbrella. We ended up never getting in the pool.

Resort fee-- I didn't feel like this hotel had enough amenities to be considered a "resort". The only things I actually used that this covered were wifi and bottled water. I will never understand why so many cheaper hotels include wifi but higher-end hotels like this often don't. They should just build this into the rate instead of charging the additional fee.

Overall, I enjoyed the hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a more quiet and smoke free hotel, but I would personally choose a more central hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear valued Guest:

Your review was a joy to read. I'm happy that you decided to stay with us and that you left feeling great about your stay. Luxury with no smoke or gambling is a big plus and we're happy that you found us. Have a great day!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

From the moment you enter the Trump you are made to feel special. The lobby is stunning and the service from every person that we encountered at Trump was simply exceptional. We were lucky enough to be served by Victor when checking in and he managed to upgrade our room to the most stunning, huge room, with amazing views of The Strip. The room had a massive bed, jacuzzi, double shower and even a guest bathroom! The amenities in the kitchen were awesome as well and we found room service to be very reasonably priced and delicious (we had breakfast). It is a bit of a walk to The Strip, especially on hot days, but with such amazing views we didn't want to leave! We had a couple of minor problems with our room when we checked in but Rob was sent up to fix them, not only did he fix the problems he also gave some fantastic tips on where to eat, shop etc. Would recommend The Trump to anyone who wants a lovely, relaxing holiday and doesn't want to be right among the casinos.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra to upgrade to a Strip View and it was well worth it, you can see the fountains at The Bellagio going off. We also requested a high floor which gave us amazing views!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy that you felt special from the moment that you entered the hotel. We want all of our guests to feel this way. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will be back many more times in the future.