“Terrific But Cleaning Needs to Be Improved”

Ranked #17 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Canada
“Terrific But Cleaning Needs to Be Improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Overall, we really liked this hotel. but the poor level of cleaning was a problem. Very spacious, nicely decorated, comfortable beds, great bathroom, quiet, free WiFi and bottled water, no casino, fantastic view (we were above the 50th floor) superb front desk staff, great value. Pool was underwhelming - Bellagio and Palazzo have nicer ones. We called the concierge one morning and their phone kept ringing and ringing so I tried again later and same thing happened. The operator took the call and said she'd have the concierge call us but they never did.

Issues
- The door needed repairing as it didn't shut completely without being forcefully pushed
- Phone was dirty
- Lamps/shelves were quite dusty (and I'm not a neat freak)
- Lower plug-in (of 2 plug-ins) by the desk didn't work (we were told later that there was a switch to turn the 2nd one on but we couldn't find it - seemed strange that the upper plug worked (the lamp plug) but the lower one didn't)
- Shower kept spewing out water intermittently which was noisy (we were told that a water main had broken and we had to run the shower to fix it)
- Bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned properly

I went to front desk and politely outlined the problems - I was really surprised that a 4.5* hotel would have these kinds of issues as most 3* hotels I've stayed at have been much cleaner. The staff person I dealt with was fantastic and we ended up being moved to a larger room which was exceptional. But there were cleaning issues which was a big turn-off (no exaggeration on any of these!):

- Kitchen table had crumbs, dried ketchup and beverage stains
- Kitchen chairs had dried ketchup stains
- The brown velour couch had a large yellowish stain
- The stovetop had sugar spilled all over it

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank BB C
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I will ensure that our systems are all evaluated so that our future guests will not experience the same challenges that you endured. We are grateful that you selected Trump International and I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,678)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Well trained staff. Very friendly. Very courteous. Room was beautiful but nothing worked. The lg tv had audio but not video. The induction stove did not work. No detergent. No blanket for our teenager on the sofa sleeper. The whirlpool was temperamental. We were ignored once by a white glove bellman. Maybe he does the high rollers. We had to call front desk every night as new problems arose. But the cost for the rooms was good. We would go back if they keep that price. No such luck, as on planning our next LV trip, Trump already riser it's prices.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex C
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your rave reviews about our staff. They are great and professional at what they do. I appreciate you recognizing them for their efforts. I'm sorry to read about the challenges that you experienced. This sounds as if the challenges that you had are easily fixed. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again. I would enjoy the chance to provide you with a flawless stay to replace this memory.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed with some girlfriends in early March and loved it. It's a great place to unwind and enjoy great service, gorgeous rooms, and delicious food. The pool area is top notch and since it's pretty high up, you get a great view of the surrounding area. The menu is great, too: smoothies, lunch fare, cocktails, etc. The lounge furniture is super comfy, and you don't have to fight over chairs! If you're looking for a luxurious place to unwind, without all the craziness that comes with some of the hotels right on the strip (think smoky and crowded), then this is the place!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

I'm happy to read that you and your girlfriends had a wonderful time with us. I hope that all of your "getaways" will find you are and your friends in our hotel. We would enjoy the chance to serve you again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Trump International Las Vegas for 8 nights in May 2011. We both felt that it was a classy, relaxed and perfect place to stay while we explored all the fun and excitement of Las Vegas. We enjoyed very second of your stay feeling like we were VIPs the whole time.

We checked in at 2:30am and the staff was so friendly and welcoming. Excited to be in Vegas for the first time, but exhausted from our flight, the staff member who checked us was informative and fast. We also got upgraded to a corner suite which had a view that was to die for. It probably ended up really making our trip.
The hostess there even suggested an awesome pizza joint that delivered to the hotel 27/7 so we could have some dinner. Our bags were quickly taken up to our room and met the concierge met us there. He showed us around and made sure we were comfortable before bidding us a good night. These little touches made it so much fun.

The rooms at the Trump were classy, chic and spacious with everything you need including a big kitchen and a huge bathroom. The rooms are impeccably clean and the coffee and water is always stocked in the room everyday. There is a safe in the room and we had no problems with security at all. The bed is super comfortable and we were lucky enough to have the best view of the strip from our room…with roof to floor glass walls in a corner suite, you never forget you are in Vegas and you truly get to enjoy the Vegas atmosphere all the time. I could see the fountains going at the Bellagio from the window very easily.

A lot of the reviews on Trump say that it is way too far from the main strip. But I can now tell you from my experience it is so not far AT ALL. It is literally less than a 5 min walk and you are on the strip. And it is safe. And if you don’t want to do that walk, then there are courtesy buses to take you to two different locations on the strip including Caesars Palace and the Wynn all the time, and they are so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much for them.

Some other reviews also mention hearing the goods train in the middle of the night. I think I heard it twice during our 8 night stay, but I never heard it at night. It totally wasn’t an issue.

The pool / gym are lovely and well equipped. The concierge desk was very helpful with booking a show and a Grand Canyon tour for us. They were quick and knew all the options and sorted thing out without any fuss.

I would definitely recommend Trump International as being the stylish, impeccable, and elegant way to stay in Vegas and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank missneha
Dear valued Guest:

I really enjoyed reading your review. I'm pleased to see that your 8 nights stay was flawless and that you felt like VIP's during your visit. We certainly treat all of our guests as such and it's a joy to read reviews like yours. Thank you for your comments.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

very high quality and luxury rooms. Hotel is very quiet. I prefer the lack of a casino. therefore, the hotel is more calm and relaxed. Excellent food and service. A must to stay in the hotel. The only thing a bit far from the center. but I can get 15 minutes on foot. I have requested the service tool.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

I'm pleased to read that you were comfortable during your stay and that you had a great time with us. We enjoy serving all of our guests. We are aware of the competition in this city and are grateful that you selected Trump International as your hotel of choice.