“Not worth the price”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

One step above Hometown Buffet. Not nearly as good as other casino buffets we have been to. Prime rib was so heavily salted you couldn't eat it. If you can get half price coupon it might be worth that much. Beautiful views from up there anyway! LOL

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Had Sunday brunch & this place was not what it used to be. It's just tired. Food is mediocre at best. It's too bad because this place used to be really good. It's also way over priced in comparison to good buffets.

2  Thank madmax25
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The salmon was overcooked as was the prime rib. I noticed that as the evening went on the prime got better. So be careful before you select. Crab of course was frozen and thus lacked the taste. String beans has the taste of the can.
There is a wide selection of dishes: Asian, Italian, Mexican, Salads, Pizza, Gumbo, and many deserts. Service was very good.
Doubt if I would go back given the price and the quality of the main entree: Salmon. The best fish was a white fish for fish tacos.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Part of what makes the Forest Buffet is the amazing views from the top of Harrahs. We've never had the seafood buffet, but being our 40th anniversary getaway, I wanted something kinda semi special. This buffet is just over $40 per person. We tried a couple types of crab legs and they were quite good. I love my ribs and they have a couple different types of that. The carved turkey and prime rib were both good. I have a hard time controlling myself at buffets, but I really enjoyed everything about this evenings dinner. I think the buffet is mostly dinners, maybe lunch on the weekends?

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I say it's the only true buffet because it is truly a buffet with lots of choices and is open everyday. Hence the 4 rating.

The staff gets a 10!
They are attentive
They are helpful
There isn't a lack of staff here- thank you!

The place is clean
The food is stocked.
The crab legs are worth more than anything else. ( still a lil pricey Buffett) I would like to see the price come down a lil but and the kids should be less too. My kid is 12 but she eats like a 4 year old. Expensive for Mac and cheese and ice cream

The sushi was fresh

There is a wide variety of everything

I didn't give a 5 because I think it's hard to keep the food area clean at all times with the ripple who come that do not have the same hygiene. Never ever...never ever... Yes- for all t adding this and hopefully every buffet manager reads this- never ever should the serving utensils the guests pick up ever - ever be placed back in the food! That is the quickest way to spread germs, evolution, boogers, sneezed on -unwashed hands all over your food! I will not eat from any food where that happens. People eating in line, licking their fingers, grabbing the thongs and placing them back on the lettuce? Gross!!
Also, if you take a dessert to your table... You can't come back and put it back- gross!!
Make sure you can keep an eye on this.

I wish there were more clean healthy buffets in town.for now- get there early to be the dinner rush!